2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

It’s really sad. Think about the locker room.....When you’re player, you know who can play, and we’ll....who can’t.

Is it really a kid on the team? It sounded like a kid that just got admission using a recruiting profile, but the kid doesn't actually play on the team. Sounds like I misread the complaint.

Holy Cow! As Glen said, some did not even play the designated sport!

From TMZ: "As for Loughlin, she and her husband -- ..., the founder of Mossimo clothing -- allegedly paid $500,000 to have their 2 daughters designated as recruits for the crew team at USC ... despite the fact they did not actually participate in crew. However, the feds say Mossimo sent action photos of their daughters on rowing machines. Mossimo was also charged in the indictment."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/12/feli...lin-arrested-college-admissions-bribery-scam/

Is it really a kid on the team? It sounded like a kid that just got admission using a recruiting profile, but the kid doesn't actually play on the team. Sounds like I misread the complaint.

Yes. Haven’t gone thru all details. But my kid mentioned 1 kid never played, couldn’t play (ability) and didn’t know why or how she got there.

Yes. Haven’t gone thru all details. But my kid mentioned 1 kid never played, couldn’t play (ability) and didn’t know why or how she got there.

I heard in the press conference that most of the bribes were used to get the applicant designated as a recruit, while not actually making the team. They did not specify in the presser which coaches exactly did what. Crazy!!

So Zero-- did your DD just think she was a "walk-on" of some sort?
So were these kids actually on teams or not at all?

CRAZY!! HOLY SMOKES!

The good news for all of those involved is that since Manafort got 47 months for bank fraud, filing false tax returns and failure to report foreign assets on the order of millions, they likely will just pay a fine and get fired. The rich people (1%ers) trying to play like the wealthy (.1%ers) will just have to deal with the shame that their kid's don't deserve the names on their degrees (not like that is something new).

This stuff is nothing new. It's funny though how people are acting surprised that rich people do shady things. If you grew up as a minority this is seriously just status quo stuff that you just sort of accept at a young age...

The good news for all of those involved is that since Manafort got 47 months for bank fraud, filing false tax returns and failure to report foreign assets on the order of millions, they likely will just pay a fine and get fired. The rich people (1%ers) trying to play like the wealthy (.1%ers) will just have to deal with the shame that their kid's don't deserve the names on their degrees (not like that is something new).

This stuff is nothing new. It's funny though how people are acting surprised that rich people do shady things. If you grew up as a minority this is seriously just status quo stuff that you just sort of accept at a young age...
I think shock from this came from college sports, which was used as the platform. And how easy it was to do.

I think shock from this came from college sports, which was used as the platform. And how easy it was to do.

Lack of oversight is a real problem in America. People can pretty much do any shady thing that they want as long as they aren't caught doing it. You see it every day in how people behave.

Lack of oversight is a real problem in America. People can pretty much do any shady thing that they want as long as they aren't caught doing it. You see it every day in how people behave.
With the amount of money being funneled to get ones child into a university they other wise would not was a new "shady".

Parents like MAP have been doing this for years. I bet if you look into the deposits of club coaches you will see monthly payments for starts and playing time. Club coaches are known to facilitate these payments to college coaches as "donations."

I think this is just the beginning of this. Will be curious to seee how much carnage is yet to come. This singer guy can bury a ton of people to get his sentence reduced and already seems to be cooperating

Dam! Those rabbit holes will pop up all over the country as this investigation continues.

Those rabbit holes are in a lot of cities and High Schools as well. This investigation will only make the bribes more expensive. Does anybody with a lick of common sense really think that High School coaches or ADs aren't taking kickbacks to allow one club over another to use their facilities? Isn't there one such local club that goes and puts high school coaches on their payroll to access to their fields. This is the bigger crime. A rich kid getting a fake degree really doesn't change much in the big picture as they were rich to begin with and will be rich afterwards.

The real crime is that this seems to be happening in cities and schools all over southern California where local kids playing in Sunday leagues have to scrounge for a patch of grass to practice on in the dark while these big buck clubs get all the premium fields with lights. How can any city or school grant exclusive use to these big companies looking to get bigger to make more money? I know some idiot that doesn't understand non profits is going to respond and say that they are non profits so it isn't about money. Use your time more wisely and read up on these non profit scams before commenting. There are kids in my neighborhood that have no place to play or practice because big clubs have taken over all the grass in the neighborhood. It wasn't like that when my kids were young. At least these kids are better behaved now days. In my day, we would have made it so all these rich people and their fancy cars wouldn't want to drive, let alone park, in our neighborhood.

Somebody convince me that these coaches and city employees are not getting coin under the table. Schools and Cities should open up the fields to all parties equally. If it cost $10 bucks, then whoever pays the $10 bucks should be allowed to use it. It should not be exclusive to people that don't even live in the city or go to the school.

Back