2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

The Fieldhouse has multiple viewing decks that facilitate spectator viewing of many fields, but with 24 fields, it’s impossible to see all of the action on each pitch. The Fieldhouse bar has a dual level deck with a great view of the artificial turf fields. Tremendous burgers and pizza too...

Sounds like it will be a fun game.

I'm just hoping for no injuries. Everything is on schedule for the team to be 100% in August other than one freshman that will miss this season due to an ACL. Senior season for the 2016 recruiting class so this is their last spring. They will be at full strength for the next month then they will be missing their maestro for the month of June, however, unlike her freshman year with the Olympics she will be back in plenty of time for summer school (she is an engineering major) and the other three injured players will be back at least 3 weeks before the season starts. This spring is about building up their depth and getting ready for a run at a second star for their kit.

So yes it should be fun. They have been looking really good in training.

Spring games are always an odd event. Different formations, different players. All experimentation. Means nothing. Regularly playing 3 halves.

Pepp vs Japan 2-2

How did your player play? UCLA won 2-0 against the same team. It was 2-0 in the first 35 minutes and then they pretty much cleared the bench. It was nice having everyone get significant minutes. Minutes are hard to come by in Westwood especially outside of the first 16-18. My player is extremely impressed by her teammate that will be replacing the one graduating starter.

How did your player play? UCLA won 2-0 against the same team. It was 2-0 in the first 35 minutes and then they pretty much cleared the bench. It was nice having everyone get significant minutes. Minutes are hard to come by in Westwood especially outside of the first 16-18. My player is extremely impressed by her teammate that will be replacing the one graduating starter.

It looked like we were going to pound them in the first half, then the second half we turned off the afterburners. On a positive note, our attacks are some of the best I've seen yet. Lots of options! Spring is weird...lots of rotation but its nice to see the depth in action! I try to refrain from commenting on my own player's performance publicly but I'm sure you will hear plenty of analysis in person LOL

It looked like we were going to pound them in the first half, then the second half we turned off the afterburners. On a positive note, our attacks are some of the best I've seen yet. Lots of options! Spring is weird...lots of rotation but its nice to see the depth in action! I try to refrain from commenting on my own player's performance publicly but I'm sure you will hear plenty of analysis in person LOL
GKR’s player is playing great! Nothing to worry about there. From my perspective the entire team is playing well. Coaching staff is just trying to give everybody ample playing time and some experimenting is going on trying different players in different positions. Pretty much what you’d expect in the spring. I am really excited about this upcoming season as I think we will do well.

GKR’s player is playing great! Nothing to worry about there. From my perspective the entire team is playing well. Coaching staff is just trying to give everybody ample playing time and some experimenting is going on trying different players in different positions. Pretty much what you’d expect in the spring. I am really excited about this upcoming season as I think we will do well.

I assumed that she was playing well. Spring is great because it's a chance for everyone to show that they deserve to get on the field when it counts. I agree that there is a TON of experimenting going on that will serve it's purpose down the road. I'm glad that I get to see my player lined up to play my second favorite team at least 2 more times. If you are in town on the 14th of April I hope to see you at the new watering hole that opened up a couple steps from the old watering hole. I hope that Pepperdine wins all of their games (except for when they line up against my kiddo). Continued good fortune to you and your family.

Back