2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

Please ask questions about UCLA if your child was offered a scholarship by them. Otherwise keep your questions and your envy to yourself.

Please ask questions about UCLA if your child was offered a scholarship by them. Otherwise keep your questions and your envy to yourself.
Most of us here (other than a few known trolls) are not in any way accusing any of the "real" players at UCLA. They are great players who are unfortunately going to suffer some uncertainty and unknown consequences caused by the actions of others.

Coach Cromwell allowed a player to be placed on the roster of her team that should not have been. We don't know why she did this or what she knew at the time. We do know that some parts of the UCLA athletic program have been proven to be dishonest and unethical. At this point in time I would not believe anything said by UCLA until it is verified by independent investigators. None of the legitimate players and parents should either. I truly hope that this does not negatively impact the team, but if my player were in a similar situation I would be investigating some alternatives just in case things take a turn for the worse.

Best of luck to the players.

@outside!

And just like everyone else you don't know what you are talking about. Keep on speculating but you don't know anything. Do you really think that anyone associated is in the dark? If so keep running with that and my daughter is set to graduate Magna Cum Laude in December. Why would I look at anyplace else? She has the best coach in college soccer and will be in the hunt for a national title this season. If your kid was in my kid's shoes and knowing what I know I GUARANTEE that you would change your tune. She will have a great degree, get into a great grad school and I spent less than most of the club parents on this forum spend for one year of club soccer. Keep on fishing.....

@outside!

And just like everyone else you don't know what you are talking about. Keep on speculating but you don't know anything. Do you really think that anyone associated is in the dark? If so keep running with that and my daughter is set to graduate Magna Cum Laude in December. Why would I look at anyplace else? She has the best coach in college soccer and will be in the hunt for a national title this season. If your kid was in my kid's shoes and knowing what I know I GUARANTEE that you would change your tune. She will have a great degree, get into a great grad school and I spent less than most of the club parents on this forum spend for one year of club soccer. Keep on fishing.....
Your situation is different...your daughter already established herself as a player and will graduate next May or June. She’ll go on to flourish and probably get drafted or grad school. But what if your daughter is an incoming freshman or underclassman. Will this Coaching staff be here for the next four years...or even this year. There is no way that the men’s coach was able to get a player on the women’s team without Cromwell knowing. Either she was paid or got a favor to be used at a later date to let Isackson on the roster. Don’t be so naive...where there is smoke, there is fire.

Your situation is different...your daughter already established herself as a player and will graduate next May or June. She’ll go on to flourish and probably get drafted or grad school. But what if your daughter is an incoming freshman or underclassman. Will this Coaching staff be here for the next four years...or even this year. There is no way that the men’s coach was able to get a player on the women’s team without Cromwell knowing. Either she was paid or got a favor to be used at a later date to let Isackson on the roster. Don’t be so naive...where there is smoke, there is fire.

Or she was paying back a favor.

I think the forum is a more entertaining and enjoyable place when the confident, chest-pounding, argument-from-authority MAP is more active.

I am less certain about this Leslie Nielsen impersonating MAP, standing in front of this front page fire.

@outside!

I do know that Coach Cromwell rostered a player that she should not have. I do know that some parts of the UCLA athletic department and were dishonest and unethical. That information is public knowledge. I am not fishing. I do not expect you to divulge any information. But I would not trust any information provided by UCLA until it is was verified by an independent source since there may still be some people at UCLA involved in this mess. I am willing to wait until the investigation plays out. I am happy for your player and the situation she is in. She could even quit the team and finish out her last year with an awesome degree if needed. The younger and incoming players however are facing an uncertain situation and should at least investigate options so they are not caught flat footed if more negative information surfaces.

I think the forum is a more entertaining and enjoyable place when the confident, chest-pounding, argument-from-authority MAP is more active.

I am less certain about this Leslie Nielsen impersonating MAP, standing in front of this front page fire.

I am just glad people aren't jumping to conclusions and condemning all the players who wear UCLA jerseys like some people condemn all people who wear MAGA hats.

Slow down man. You're starting to act like you typed "Amanda Cromwell" into Google last Tuesday and have done nothing but hit refresh every 30 seconds for 7 straight days. You're tired. Get some rest before the hallucinations get the best of you. That said, congratulations in advance when you're the first person to read (and then post here) the next LA Times article after it goes online. In reality, you're much worse off than the fellow who still gets his paper delivered and reads it with his morning coffee, since at least he got some sleep and wasn't up all night searching the Internet looking for clues about Cromwell's future.

Slow down man. You're starting to act like you typed "Amanda Cromwell" into Google last Tuesday and have done nothing but hit refresh every 30 seconds for 7 straight days. You're tired. Get some rest before the hallucinations get the best of you. That said, congratulations in advance when you're the first person to read (and then post here) the next LA Times article after it goes online. In reality, you're much worse off than the fellow who still gets his paper delivered and reads it with his morning coffee, since at least he got some sleep and wasn't up all night searching the Internet looking for clues about Cromwell's future.
Weak response!

I do know that Coach Cromwell rostered a player that she should not have. I do know that some parts of the UCLA athletic department and were dishonest and unethical. That information is public knowledge. I am not fishing. I do not expect you to divulge any information. But I would not trust any information provided by UCLA until it is was verified by an independent source since there may still be some people at UCLA involved in this mess. I am willing to wait until the investigation plays out. I am happy for your player and the situation she is in. She could even quit the team and finish out her last year with an awesome degree if needed. The younger and incoming players however are facing an uncertain situation and should at least investigate options so they are not caught flat footed if more negative information surfaces.

Quit the team? Younger incoming players? Why do you care? Was your kid’s school implicated? The people who might be concerned are in the loop and not worried. Your internal musings are pure fabrication. You should stop speculating and worry about YOUR player and HER school. The rest of the peanut gallery with no skin in the game are just spectators but you have a kid on a D1 team. You should be better than this.

Good luck to your player. Don’t get butt hurt when nothing else happens with mine.

Quit the team? Younger incoming players? Why do you care? Was your kid’s school implicated? The people who might be concerned are in the loop and not worried. Your internal musings are pure fabrication. You should stop speculating and worry about YOUR player and HER school. The rest of the peanut gallery with no skin in the game are just spectators but you have a kid on a D1 team. You should be better than this.

Good luck to your player. Don’t get butt hurt when nothing else happens with mine.
This is a college soccer forum. We discuss things that are related to college soccer. I wish nothing but the best for your player and all the players negatively impacted by this situation. I have never said anything negative about your player or her team. I have seen her play and she is awesome. If my player's team were involved, I would not be commenting on a public forum.

. If my player's team were involved, I would not be commenting on a public forum.
Every company I’ve worked for that has had some type of issue hit the press, the protocol is the same. No one is to say anything to the press, other than thoses specifically authorized to do so, regardless of whether the issue is positive for the company or the person is coming to its defense. No comment is the standard protocol, with paper fliers being handed out to all employees before the internet and emails nowadays.

We all know MaP is a jackass, but if he truly knows something it is irresponsible for UCLA to let him continue to pop off, which again shows the superiority attitude of UCLA, an attitude that I thought was reserved for USC.

Every company I’ve worked for that has had some type of issue hit the press, the protocol is the same. No one is to say anything to the press, other than thoses specifically authorized to do so, regardless of whether the issue is positive for the company or the person is coming to its defense. No comment is the standard protocol, with paper fliers being handed out to all employees before the internet and emails nowadays.

We all know MaP is a jackass, but if he truly knows something it is irresponsible for UCLA to let him continue to pop off, which again shows the superiority attitude of UCLA, an attitude that I thought was reserved for USC.

Having read through the MAP comments, other than telling everyone to shut it, emphasizing we do not know what we are talking about (probably true), saying everything will be OK, and boasting about MAP's daughter (which is fine by me given 90% of the time it is about her academic prowess and bright future, sort of why most of us want our kids to attend these colleges), not sure MAP has said jack squat to provide us with any insight or that would upset UCLA. Relax and appreciate MAP's unique style of saying "no comment" for all of us.

If I worked in the UCLA program, this one statement would be enough tonpiss me off. I know that MAP just spews shit so he can think he is important, but it inappropriate in this matter.
99% of the parents and all the coaches think MAP is a jackass. He’s just an embarrassing screaming parent on the sidelines who doesn’t know anything. I hope in a year he leaves the forum, but I truly doubt it...He needs this forum.

Back