2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

I am talking about the fall matchup however, the new brewery in Westwood is more than capable of hosting in the Spring. Maybe not as nice a location as we will get to enjoy this fall but I am down to hang with the Pepperdine crew anytime. I cheer for them in every game except one.
Count me in on both matches!

Hi guys been a while again but another question here pls don't attack me lol... successful walk on stories other than for AA of UCLA? Any at Penn State? University of Oregon? ect?

Pepp has scrimmages against UC Riverside and a Japanese All-Star team this weekend. I’ll be down to watch these matches so looking forward to seeing my Pep peeps out there.

What other games are going on this weekend?

Did I hear correctly that there are plans to build new bleachers/stadium for the soccer field? Do you know the status? A visit to the campus shows a glaring disparity between the baseball and soccer facilities.
I personally have heard nothing about new bleachers but I do know there is a fundraising campaign to purchase and install lights. I am a proponent of new bleachers however, I am not feeling the lights so much. Can't see that beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean at night.

When they added the new dorms behind/above the soccer field, I discussed with others how it would have been cool if they dug out the hillside between the road above and the track that goes around the field and built a locker room for the girls and then put some stands above it. If you've been to Stanford's Cagan Stadium it would look something like that.

14890628_GkewljZzRAAWYux1STwMJucdLO3uvO3-0D5bWTVKc1I.jpg

I personally have heard nothing about new bleachers but I do know there is a fundraising campaign to purchase and install lights. I am a proponent of new bleachers however, I am not feeling the lights so much. Can't see that beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean at night.

When they added the new dorms behind/above the soccer field, I discussed with others how it would have been cool if they dug out the hillside between the road above and the track that goes around the field and built a locker room for the girls and then put some stands above it. If you've been to Stanford's Cagan Stadium it would look something like that.

A locker room and *gasp* maybe a restroom? of their very own?!

The team certainly deserves better. Pepperdine has a great women's soccer program with excellent players and staff, but quite frankly they are not valued as much by the decision makers as the baseball team does. Actions/facilities speak louder than words.

Pepp has scrimmages against UC Riverside and a Japanese All-Star team this weekend. I’ll be down to watch these matches so looking forward to seeing my Pep peeps out there.

What other games are going on this weekend?

UCLA plays the same JFA Academy on Friday at 5:30pm. It won't be a good game but it will be nice to see some prep before the game against the NWSL team next Saturday at Silverlakes.

I heard that it was 2PM kickoff on Saturday and 12PM kickoff on Sunday....
My player sent me a screen shot beginning of February of a printed schedule of all the spring games and they were both listed as 11:00 am but maybe that changed?

UCLA plays the same JFA Academy on Friday at 5:30pm. It won't be a good game but it will be nice to see some prep before the game against the NWSL team next Saturday at Silverlakes.

What is this JFA/Japanese All-Stars? Are these women? University-Aged? Club ladies? Japanese players good enough for all stars but not good enough for the SheBelieves cup?

What is this JFA/Japanese All-Stars? Are these women? University-Aged? Club ladies? Japanese players good enough for all stars but not good enough for the SheBelieves cup?

They are a college aged team. Well below the national team level. Basically the equivalent of a Japanese D1 college team.

Back