What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

I don't think any of those other places are requiring masks while exercising for the kids, are they?

Yeah, but that effectively ruins it for any of the free cities inside LA County. Kids is Pasadena and Burbank aren't going to have any one to play against. And the same as the $15 minimum wage, they'll feel enormous pressure to conform to the larger LA County, as usual.

For the Ventura border communities such as Simi it would be hard, for example, because they'll have effectively lost any nearby teams and will need to commute north to Venutra and Santa Barbara. Same for the OC, with commuting down to Newport. For the orgs like ENCL or Coast, hard to see how they could organize things with LA missing since that's such a big block.
As huge as the city of LA is it is not a soccer powerhouse so to speak. Most top clubs in the LA area are based not in LA city.

Now if some all encompassing mandate comes down from LA county that goes on for months that's another thing.

Agreed. Rules will be relaxed for sports once precedents are set. If NFL does start in early Sep as planned, I'm certain Rams and Chargers won't be wearing face masks. Soccer will simply follow what NFL does.
Hmmm, do you think our kids could also wear helmets? A lot of those helmets also have face shields that would help.

My good friend works in the rec dept for the county of LA. He said no way in hell soccer will be allowed until 2022. They're embracing and preparing for the biggest and baddest second tidal wave in the history of all viruses. LA is preparing like they do for earthquakes except they know 100% the second wave of the virus will kill us all if we don;t stay home and not work for 7 more months unless you work at Costco, Marijuana store or liqueur store. If you live in LA, kiss your summer goodbye is what he basically told me.
I hearing similar things from my network. I purchased wet suits for my kid and I to start surfing for outdoor recreation but I’m a little scared now.

I hearing similar things from my network. I purchased wet suits for my kid and I to start surfing for outdoor recreation but I’m a little scared now.

I heard about that. That sucks and not the way to go but he was having fun and doing what he loves. I know some spots I recommend where I can guarantee you 99.99% no shark attack. I will give your family free lessons too. I would love to catch up on life. Get the families together bro :)

The mask isn’t a big deal. You can wear one while exercising. I wear one while biking all the time.

It just helps reduce the risk that you infect someone else during the 5 day period when you are contagious, but asymptomatic.

I see no reason a soccer practice couldn’t include masks. Certainly better than no practice at all.

I heard about that. That sucks and not the way to go but he was having fun and doing what he loves. I know some spots I recommend where I can guarantee you 99.99% no shark attack. I will give your family free lessons too. I would love to catch up on life. Get the families together bro :)
I’m gonna take you up on that as soon as we return down south!

The mask isn’t a big deal. You can wear one while exercising. I wear one while biking all the time.

It just helps reduce the risk that you infect someone else during the 5 day period when you are contagious, but asymptomatic.

I see no reason a soccer practice couldn’t include masks. Certainly better than no practice at all.
Masks suck bro. They fog up my glasses when I breath and they just suck. No way you play sports with mask on. How about something like this for soccer?
1589478557025.png

I don't think any of those other places are requiring masks while exercising for the kids, are they?

Yeah, but that effectively ruins it for any of the free cities inside LA County. Kids is Pasadena and Burbank aren't going to have any one to play against. And the same as the $15 minimum wage, they'll feel enormous pressure to conform to the larger LA County, as usual.

For the Ventura border communities such as Simi it would be hard, for example, because they'll have effectively lost any nearby teams and will need to commute north to Venutra and Santa Barbara. Same for the OC, with commuting down to Newport. For the orgs like ENCL or Coast, hard to see how they could organize things with LA missing since that's such a big block.
Kids do not wear masks in those states, coaches do.
IMO, requiring to wear a mask 3 month into a pandemic it's like asking to wear a condom after you already had sex.

I ordered some of these for my family. I can see each club having their own logos and color for their required Mask from LA. Cool future to look forward too :)
1589478934062.png

IMO, requiring to wear a mask 3 month into a pandemic it's like asking to wear a condom after you already had sex.

It depends. Does the person in question plan to ever have sex again? Or was it so unpleasant they swore a vow of abstinence?

The rule is the same. If you are still sleeping around, wear the condom. If you are still walking around, wear the mask.

It depends. Does the person in question plan to ever have sex again? Or was it so unpleasant they swore a vow of abstinence?

The rule is the same. If you are still sleeping around, wear the condom. If you are still walking around, wear the mask.

You must admit it was such a sweet zinger that it almost obscured the underlying stupidity of its premise.

Well, here's the thing about plain old surgical masks...when they get wet, they don't do anything. And if the kids meddle with them, it can actually spread germs from their hands. And if you are running in a surgical mask you probably are going to fiddle with it, particularly the younger kids both because they are kids and because they don't fit them very well and will likely fall off.

Now, the masks with straps in the back (N95s, N92s, or dust masks) are better for keeping stuff in but the problem there is they also enhance the CO2 buildup. The evidence is weak right now whether there's some threat from it (2 kids died in China while in PE), but people have been known to faint when exerting themselves with those on. I just don't see the orgs taking the risk if that rule is in place.

A plain cotton cloth mask is plenty. I’m not asking anyone to run a marathon in an N95. You’re just trying to cover your cough.

The “fiddle with the mask” argument was back when people thoguht the goal was to protect the wearer. That isn’t the goal. The goal is to keep the wearer from infecting other people.

I agree with you about the annoying ear straps. But they also make the kind that tie behind the head.

I think best indicators how quickly sports will resume in CA will be Bundesliga success (or not) as well as other States, that either already reopen (ID, GA, FL) or opening this month (AZ and TX).
I just don't see our state leadership being influenced by other states or countries.
Can I borrow that?

You must admit it was such a sweet zinger that it almost obscured the underlying stupidity of its premise.
I find it fascinating how some people have lost their sense of humor (or maybe they never had one). They feel so threatened by a joke that they go out of their way to dispute the premise of a joke. Now that's funny.

A plain cotton cloth mask is plenty. I’m not asking anyone to run a marathon in an N95. You’re just trying to cover your cough.

The “fiddle with the mask” argument was back when people thoguht the goal was to protect the wearer. That isn’t the goal. The goal is to keep the wearer from infecting other people.

I agree with you about the annoying ear straps. But they also make the kind that tie behind the head.
cotton masks.jpg

I seriously doubt the effectiveness of a cloth mask in doing anything but make people feel like they are participating.

I find it fascinating how some people have lost their sense of humor (or maybe they never had one). They feel so threatened by a joke that they go out of their way to dispute the premise of a joke. Now that's funny.

Dude, I gave you credit for the zinger. What more do you want?

You’re the one arguing that the middle of an STD outbreak is the right time to stop wearing condoms. I’m just mocking you for it.

Back