What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

Since the name of this thread is to name your best guess...

I would say I have none haha and I say that because I don't really think anybody knows anything that is concrete.

Every time a new date is thrown out there everyone gets their hopes up and then for various reasons, things change and the date or the rules aren't what people were anticipating and then everyone gets upset all over again.

I'm hoping when we can start to train, play, etc. everyone does everything they possibly can to keep players, staff, families, extended family, etc. as safe as possible.

I don't want this thread to veer off course because there are several other threads for people to argue their side of COVID, politics etc. But I am wondering how things will play out when one County says, "yes come train" yet the kids who play for a club in that county are from counties where the stay at home is still in place. The most obvious assumption would be those that feel comfortable to train, attend training, but I am just curious as to what exactly, that's going to look like.

Thinking out loud about as I type because I am in desperate need of my afternoon caffeine fix. Patience is the name of the game during this pandemic (regarding soccer especially). And this is coming from someone who tends to be extremely impatient... so yeah it sucks but what else can we do???

Stay safe and healthy Soccer family!!

After much deliberation, Cal South has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Cal South National Cup Olders tournament, effective immediately. The cancellation covers National Cup Olders boys and girls age groups from 15U to 18U. The 19U Boys and Girls teams will be given an opportunity to compete in their final National Cup tournament later this summer or request a refund. Additional 19U National Cup information and procedures will be sent to 19U teams next week.

If you live in LA or Riverside County probably after the election.
San Diego and Ventura County probably July or August.
I am guessing the Fall season will be cancelled. Games will begin up again next spring.

Not hoping... but we do live in California.

Stating on Saturday. This is good news.
This is excellent news. ECNL can now have a June Playoff/Showcase/College Recruiting weekend unlike any other. We can all kiss the 2019-2020 ECNL season once and for all. ECNL didn't quit or fold their tents and it would send a very strong message. Those WHO want to listen to The WHO and Dr F can stay home. Live stream for all of our loved ones that can;t come out for health reasons, work, can;t afford it or just really scared and fearful.

Stating on Saturday. This is good news.
"While many are going to be excited to return to play there are others who may be apprehensive. If a player, parent, or family are not comfortable returning to play – DON’T. We must demonstrate respect and courtesy for everyone’s feelings during this time and ensure that we provide a safe environment as we return to play."

Implementing the ASA Return-to-Play Guidelines will require a cooperative relationship between the Club, Coach, Parent, and Player. While the Club and Coach must create a safe environment, the Parent must make the decision for their child to return to play. If, as a parent you are not comfortable in your child’s returning to play – DON’T.

All you who are concerned and afraid and believe everything that Dr F says, just don;t participate this year. Sit this one out. My dd has missed two years in a row of club. Let the risk takers play this year and see how it all goes. if one of our dd catch 104 temp and have chills and body aches and then die on the field, we will let you know and I guess join you in the lock down.

1589468259596.png

If you live in LA or Riverside County probably after the election.
San Diego and Ventura County probably July or August.
I am guessing the Fall season will be cancelled. Games will begin up again next spring.

Not hoping... but we do live in California.

The mayor yesterday said that in Los Angeles everyone leaving their house will be requried to wear masks, even if ourdoors, exercising or just walking. Children are not exempt. That's pretty much the entire enchilada for So Cal. I don't see how the sporting organizations will allow the kids to run in the summer heat like that....first kid passes out and that's a major lawsuit. Sure, Los Angeles isn't the end all be all, but I can't imagine even in neighboring areas how ENCL could organize with Los Angeles teams missing, or Coast with neighboring teams missing since (especially on higher levels) there's plenty of cross city/cross county traffic. As long as that stands (and we'll see what exemptions and how heavy the enforcement is), no soccer in Los Angeles in the summer....San Diego maybe, Ventura/Orange doubtful maybe some shell of something particularly if not near the border or commuting to Santa Barbara/San Diego, fall season heavily in doubt unless Los Angeles comes under pressure from other areas moving quicker. There also hasn't been a great outpooring or riots against the rule, so the pushback so far has been minimal, but we'll see if it continues.

The mayor yesterday said that in Los Angeles everyone leaving their house will be requried to wear masks, even if ourdoors, exercising or just walking. Children are not exempt. That's pretty much the entire enchilada for So Cal. I don't see how the sporting organizations will allow the kids to run in the summer heat like that....first kid passes out and that's a major lawsuit. Sure, Los Angeles isn't the end all be all, but I can't imagine even in neighboring areas how ENCL could organize with Los Angeles teams missing, or Coast with neighboring teams missing since (especially on higher levels) there's plenty of cross city/cross county traffic. As long as that stands (and we'll see what exemptions and how heavy the enforcement is), no soccer in Los Angeles in the summer....San Diego maybe, Ventura/Orange doubtful maybe some shell of something particularly if not near the border or commuting to Santa Barbara/San Diego, fall season heavily in doubt unless Los Angeles comes under pressure from other areas moving quicker. There also hasn't been a great outpooring or riots against the rule, so the pushback so far has been minimal, but we'll see if it continues.
We have the same thing in our town in Santa Clara country, EXCEPT, if you are exercising. This is a stronger requirement than the county. In general, authorities here have been very reluctant to issue citations. We have witnessed them politely ask for compliance. Fields are opened up to individual training and if you aren't "under the same roof", you must be 6' from others.

We have the same thing in our town in Santa Clara country, EXCEPT, if you are exercising. This is a stronger requirement than the county. In general, authorities here have been very reluctant to issue citations. We have witnessed them politely ask for compliance. Fields are opened up to individual training and if you aren't "under the same roof", you must be 6' from others.

It's the most rigid rules I've seen. The reality is even if enforcement is slack, no organization is going to allow even pod training to resume....too much of a liability risk. As long as the rule stands without clarification, there can't be any soccer in Los Angeles.

It's the most rigid rules I've seen. The reality is even if enforcement is slack, no organization is going to allow even pod training to resume....too much of a liability risk. As long as the rule stands without clarification, there can't be any soccer in Los Angeles.
I think best indicators how quickly sports will resume in CA will be Bundesliga success (or not) as well as other States, that either already reopen (ID, GA, FL) or opening this month (AZ and TX).

My good friend works in the rec dept for the county of LA. He said no way in hell soccer will be allowed until 2022. They're embracing and preparing for the biggest and baddest second tidal wave in the history of all viruses. LA is preparing like they do for earthquakes except they know 100% the second wave of the virus will kill us all if we don;t stay home and not work for 7 more months unless you work at Costco, Marijuana store or liqueur store. If you live in LA, kiss your summer goodbye is what he basically told me.

Garcetti is the Mayor of the city of Los Angeles.... Not the mayor of southern California.

I think best indicators how quickly sports will resume in CA will be Bundesliga success (or not) as well as other States, that either already reopen (ID, GA, FL) or opening this month (AZ and TX).

I don't think any of those other places are requiring masks while exercising for the kids, are they?
Garcetti is the Mayor of the city of Los Angeles.... Not the mayor of southern California.

Yeah, but that effectively ruins it for any of the free cities inside LA County. Kids is Pasadena and Burbank aren't going to have any one to play against. And the same as the $15 minimum wage, they'll feel enormous pressure to conform to the larger LA County, as usual.

For the Ventura border communities such as Simi it would be hard, for example, because they'll have effectively lost any nearby teams and will need to commute north to Venutra and Santa Barbara. Same for the OC, with commuting down to Newport. For the orgs like ENCL or Coast, hard to see how they could organize things with LA missing since that's such a big block.

I'm in favor of a, "play at your own risk socal soccer league." I will sign as head parent that I will not blame the coach, the players, the club, the ref and all the parents who come to watch if my dd falls ill and never recovers from Corona. We spoke as a family and we all feel great about her playing and risking her life and ours for that matter just so we can watch her play before it's too late. She actually likes the idea :) No mask though!!! After the soccer game, we promise to go straight to the beach for some swimming in salt water in the hot sun. We will then go straight home and be on lock down. Deal?

Agreed. Rules will be relaxed for sports once precedents are set. If NFL does start in early Sep as planned, I'm certain Rams and Chargers won't be wearing face masks. Soccer will simply follow what NFL does.

Back