What's your best guess as to when trainings will resume?

Covid just took a back seat. This feels worse than the Rodney kings riots because we are combining health issues, social issues, and unemployment. Our generation is leaving a mess to the youth. My son told me “ your generation messed up this planet, you didn’t take care of the earth, you didn’t take care of the race issues, and you guys are stuck on political hatred” He is so right.
Tell your son it will get better but I wouldn;t place blame on anyone right now. WE ALL need to help to make better. This generation also inherited this country too and all the past sins. I see hope :) I would also say that this generation has done more for the planet than any other generation. Lastly, tell him politics will never go away and it's bad right now. It was bad in the 60s too.

Yesterday was the day social distancing died. If it's o.k. to get together to protest peacefully (let alone riot and loot) why can't kids have graduations? Why can't they go to camps? Why can't they go to soccer practice? Hell, given the size of these protests and lack of distancing why would we be worried about tournaments as big as Surf? If we're going to do that, then open it up and let's take our chances. Kids have borne the brunt of this in the name of "saving grandma" but are the least vulnerable and it's not fair to them. Open it up. Let the kid's play.
After yesterdays protests and riots you can't enforce social distancing..... It's over. Agree 100% open it up

Yesterday was the day social distancing died. If it's o.k. to get together to protest peacefully (let alone riot and loot) why can't kids have graduations? Why can't they go to camps? Why can't they go to soccer practice? Hell, given the size of these protests and lack of distancing why would we be worried about tournaments as big as Surf? If we're going to do that, then open it up and let's take our chances. Kids have borne the brunt of this in the name of "saving grandma" but are the least vulnerable and it's not fair to them. Open it up. Let the kid's play.
I do think we could get back to training but I just don’t think one summer without games and tournaments is the end of the world. Do we really rely this much on organized sports? Is that really all there is to our kids lives? I know we’ve taken this time to rediscover other interests like biking and fishing. Who knows maybe our kids might actually look back on this time and remember it as the one summer of total freedom! The summer they rode bikes, played outside, got to know their neighbors, discovered a new hobby, went to the beach, learned to surf, met friends to play at the park, made all the socially distanced birthday parties, spent the best quality time with their family. I realize this may not be the reality for all kids but let’s not fool ourselves as most of us on this forum with kids in club soccer are middle to upper class families where this is a reality.

After yesterdays protests and riots you can't enforce social distancing..... It's over. Agree 100% open it up

curfew at 8pm to 530am in LA and many surrounding cities so I dunno what's over? National guard rolling around in armored vehicles. Now even more places are closed and people not going out to shop or eat.

Youth sports seems like a distant memory right now lots of others things to address first

I do think we could get back to training but I just don’t think one summer without games and tournaments is the end of the world. Do we really rely this much on organized sports? Is that really all there is to our kids lives? I know we’ve taken this time to rediscover other interests like biking and fishing. Who knows maybe our kids might actually look back on this time and remember it as the one summer of total freedom! The summer they rode bikes, played outside, got to know their neighbors, discovered a new hobby, went to the beach, learned to surf, met friends to play at the park, made all the socially distanced birthday parties, spent the best quality time with their family. I realize this may not be the reality for all kids but let’s not fool ourselves as most of us on this forum with kids in club soccer are middle to upper class families where this is a reality.
Big D in the house. I love offense and I always take risk bro. Let the kids play ball. Its time. The rest who don;t want to play soccer and want to go fishing and bike riding and find new hobbies can go right ahead and do that too. My dd is going to play top top soccer at the highest level soon with all the other risk takers. I'm not sitting in my house anymore. My dd and my wife get yelled at by the same people who are cheering on looters and rioters and actually told me it's their right and time for pay back. Oh really? I'm dead serious. Were playing sports dude. It's on.......lol!!

curfew at 8pm to 530am in LA and many surrounding cities so I dunno what's over? National guard rolling around in armored vehicles. Now even more places are closed and people not going out to shop or eat.

Youth sports seems like a distant memory right now lots of others things to address first
Not in OC.

Kids need exercise, activities, fun, hanging out so if they can do that through other means yeah that helps. Open those rec centers, fields, gyms, playgrounds up and they should be fine.

Tourneys are about $$$ and youth soccer depends on those for revenue so something has to be done to balance that loss of revenue thus the hard push even if it seems questionable so soon. Rushing back without a proper preseason or prep is a risk especially for the olders.

Sunday 9 am Balboa Park. Son and I have been the only ones working out there for weeks. Today parking lot crowded. Full adult tackle football pickup game being organized, at least 60 players, plus families, BBQ, no masks. Across the lot 2 baseball games going on, each about 15 people, no masks. It's over. Open it up. Let them play.

LA County only... Mayor also pulled covid testing
All the LA folks who are working their asses off to provide for their families, I hope it gets better for you. I'm praying for you. All those who see this as an opportunity for destruction, shame on you and I'm praying for you too. All you PC folks and milk toast souls, wake the hell up and help stop this behavior. Both unlawful actions are not right. We have to have justice do its work, although justice is not always perfect and is not always where we need it to be because were all one big mess. I see it getting better and we have to go through some tough times unfortunately.

Well I'm in LA county so that's our reality and there are protest scheduled today in OC and other parts of socal.
Protest is all good with me. Deal with those in your city causing all the problems. I notice folks dressed not like their from LA. Who came in to your city?

Protest is all good with me. Deal with those in your city causing all the problems. I notice folks dressed not like their from LA. Who came in to your city?
Yeah let's pray & hope for peacefully protests.

LA ones started that way, we have extended family close to Fairfax and things escalated very quickly.

somebody's definitely organizing the protesters, there was definitely people outside locals showing up for opportunities and too loot.

Did you really just say that the kids will look back on this time with a smile? They couldn’t see their school friends for over 3 months and were forced to stay inside with no sports and nothing to do. Wow, you are so out of touch with what is going on. Kids love sports and it’s great for them, gives them something to do besides get in trouble, teaches teamwork, how to win/lose, overcome adversity, etc. Also, if you think sports aren’t that important....why are you on here. Quit the act.

Sunday 9 am Balboa Park. Son and I have been the only ones working out there for weeks. Today parking lot crowded. Full adult tackle football pickup game being organized, at least 60 players, plus families, BBQ, no masks. Across the lot 2 baseball games going on, each about 15 people, no masks. It's over. Open it up. Let them play.
Agree! Everywhere I go in OC I see tons of people getting together and newsom is about to give guidelines for gyms. If you can open gyms, you can let kids have their sports back.

Did you really just say that the kids will look back on this time with a smile? They couldn’t see their school friends for over 3 months and were forced to stay inside with no sports and nothing to do. Wow, you are so out of touch with what is going on. Kids love sports and it’s great for them, gives them something to do besides get in trouble, teaches teamwork, how to win/lose, overcome adversity, etc. Also, if you think sports aren’t that important....why are you on here. Quit the act.
Lol...okay

I've been a member since maybe 2000. I haven't replied in maybe 10 years. But as a mom of a teenager I wish I could say my son's experience has been like bigd child. I think each of our experiences color our opinion of what covid-19 has been like for youth so if Big D's experience has been positive, good for him or her and all the people who shared that experience. My experience makes me cry for our youth. All of the structure I provided and sports keeping my son on the positive path has been lost in 2 months. Not saying we won't recover, but we haven taken several steps backwards. Really no joy in life right now for us. Hoping others have a different experience and that we are an unusual case. If things don't open up soon and kids aren't allowed to have the structure of school and sports I fear we will not make a recovery. I guess I was motivated to post just to remind people that everyone has a different experience with this and to be open to that idea.

Back