War in Ukraine soon?

Apparently not as it's one of the causes listed. You prefer I put it in the COVID vaccine forum? Maybe both? Or maybe I should just put it in the President Biden one....blame the government policies? Nah...should have put it in your neighborhood, huh?

You apparently can't even read titles properly since this thread is more properly entitled "War in the Ukraine now...how much longer can it go on?"

You're slipping. Sad to watch especially considering how much better EOTL is at doing it. Does it make you feel envious to see a master at work at it?

Your response could have been "It's one of the three factors listed in the article". Instead, you chose a dishonest ad hominem attack. Allow me to add an ad hominem response from me to you "....as you frequently do". The difference between yours directed at me and mine directed at you is that mine is factual.

1. In 2014 the Ukrainian president was voted out of office, unanimously, by the Ukrainian parliament, because he reneged on plans to sign treaties with the EU but instead he (not Ukraine) wanted closer ties with Russia. Is that your coup?
  2. In 2014, Russia invaded the Crimean peninsula, an area recognized internationally as being sovereign Ukrainian territory. It has harbored and supported separatists in two other Ukrainian provinces since. That conflict, started and sustained by Russia, has cost some 15000 lives.
  3. Sovereign countries get to choose their own destiny. That's how it works.
  4. Now you are getting silly, Russia is ruled by an autocratic dictator, you do know that, right?
  5. Beyond silly ... you were doing so well.

Wow. So much to digest here. You do realize I am now ready to be brainwashed by CNN and you are rebutting the RT propaganda right? Anyway, let just focus on point 1.

Yes, that is the coup. Was he removed illegally? Not being an expert at this issue and just using my logic and bullshit detector, yes, he was removed illegaly. According to wikpedia

Removal of Yanukovych[edit]
On 21 February, President Yanukovych and parliament declared 22 and 23 February to be days of mourning "due to the loss of human life as a result of mass disturbances".[207]

In the afternoon, the Rada voted 328-0[210] to remove Yanukovich from his post and to schedule a presidential election for 25 May.[73][211] This vote did not follow the impeachment process specified by the Ukrainian Constitution, which would have involved formally charging Yanukovych with a crime, a review of the charge by the Constitutional Court of Ukraine, and a three-fourths majority vote—at least 338 votes in favor—in parliament. Instead, parliament declared that Yanukovych "withdrew from his duties in an unconstitutional manner" and cited "circumstances of extreme urgency" as the reason for early elections.[212][unreliable source] Lawmakers then elected opposition leader Oleksandr Turchynov to be the chairman of Parliament, acting president and prime minister of Ukraine; this decision also violated the Constitution, according to which the impeached President was to be succeeded by the Prime Minister Serhiy Arbuzov.[74][213]
[214]

If he was president on Feb 21 and declared the day of mourning, how could Parliement the very next day cite that he withdrew his duties in unconstitutional manner? He was not MIA.

And the next in line should be the Prime Minister. It was an illegal coup de tat.

Ah, now I see, no wonder the Eastern regions started a civil war after this coup dtat. They were not happy the power transferred illegally and thus began the 8 year civil war. You are not helping!!

Your response could have been "It's one of the three factors listed in the article". Instead, you chose a dishonest ad hominem attack. Allow me to add an ad hominem response from me to you "....as you frequently do". The difference between yours directed at me and mine directed at you is that mine is factual.

So, to summarize. In the end you really did have a reading comprehension error (nice that you admit it). You've walked away from what your prior definition was re "ad hominem attacks", which is rich coming from a troll like you, whose main contribution to these forums is belittling others, and you call is "dishonest" even though it's very honest, and then you have the gall to imply that you neither do it very often and that your shit doesn't stink because you are somehow exempt.

Got it! Maybe EOTL will give you some lessons.

So, to summarize. In the end you really did have a reading comprehension error (nice that you admit it). You've walked away from what your prior definition was re "ad hominem attacks", which is rich coming from a troll like you, whose main contribution to these forums is belittling others, and you call is "dishonest" even though it's very honest, and then you have the gall to imply that you neither do it very often and that your shit doesn't stink because you are somehow exempt.

Got it! Maybe EOTL will give you some lessons.

More lies and ad hominems.

q.e.d.

Ahh what the heck... I'll bite. My thoughts in red...

1. The US backed coup in 2014 overthrew a legally elected government of Ukraine which resulted in the Eastern regions rebelling and Ukraine in a civil war for the past 8 years. I'm trying to remember, was this "legally elected" government the one Putin was backing after Russian spies poisoned President Yushchenko or was it before. Remember that? How his face was all disfigured. Anyway can't be bothered to look but as I recall I don't think a single nation outside the Russian sphere of influence recognized that election as 'legal'... including the citizens of Ukraine given how strongly they are currently fighting for self autonomy at the present moment.

2. Russia enterring the conflict thus putting an end to that civil war. 15000 lives that have been lost in that civil war Again not an expert on the history of Ukraine, but the brute fact that Ukraines are fighting and dying to be outside the Russian sphere of influence speaks pretty darn loudly to me about what the Ukrainian people themselves think about the Russians saving them in 2014 regardless of what you heard on RT. I mean really, why do the Russians always got to build walls to keep their people in?

On response to point 1,
Yes, but I do not know who did the poisoning. I would suppose Putin would be a major suspect since he is the devil. However, knowing politics, enemies can come from all angles and some can be done to implicate Putin. I would think it is more likely his own enemies from within Ukraine, perhaps with Putin support. And this is speculating with the least amount of available evidence.

It is however, very strange that Yushchenko would before he leave office give an award to a major Nazi collaborator, Stephan Bandera. WHY???
On 22 January 2010, on the Day of Unity of Ukraine, the then-President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko awarded to Bandera the title of Hero of Ukraine (posthumously) for "defending national ideas and battling for an independent Ukrainian state."[120] A grandson of Bandera, also named Stepan, accepted the award that day from the Ukrainian President during the state ceremony to commemorate the Day of Unity of Ukraine at the National Opera House of Ukraine.[120][121][122][123]

On response to point 2,
Ukraine is very divided based on my reading. The eastern region that fought a civil war against the Ukraininan government, the region called donbask or something like that welcomes the Russian with open arms. So did Crimea.... now, in the Western Ukraine region, I believe people are fighting tooth and nail against the Russians.

These are the people of Crimea welcoming the Russians 3 months after the annexation singing the national anthem of Russia and waving Russian flags. Point is its quite a divided country, from my impression.

Give yourself more credit. I think you’ve been brainwashed quite effectively.

Credit for that goes to Pooh Bear.

Given how Russian channels are now banned from youtube, and RT off the air and banned from all TV channels, I am pretty sure I will brainwashed the other way now and see events through the lenses of the CNN way!

I would suggest also banning Norm Chomsky but like we know how things work, dissenting opinions are tolerated in the USA so long as their audience is small and there is no material impact providing an ilusion of freedom. Unlike some paranoid countries that would not even tolerate any dissenting opinions even when they have no material impact.

On response to point 1,
Yes, but I do not know who did the poisoning. I would suppose Putin would be a major suspect since he is the devil. However, knowing politics, enemies can come from all angles and some can be done to implicate Putin. I would think it is more likely his own enemies from within Ukraine, perhaps with Putin support. And this is speculating with the least amount of available evidence.

It is however, very strange that Yushchenko would before he leave office give an award to a major Nazi collaborator, Stephan Bandera. WHY???
On 22 January 2010, on the Day of Unity of Ukraine, the then-President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko awarded to Bandera the title of Hero of Ukraine (posthumously) for "defending national ideas and battling for an independent Ukrainian state."[120] A grandson of Bandera, also named Stepan, accepted the award that day from the Ukrainian President during the state ceremony to commemorate the Day of Unity of Ukraine at the National Opera House of Ukraine.[120][121][122][123]

On response to point 2,
Ukraine is very divided based on my reading. The eastern region that fought a civil war against the Ukraininan government, the region called donbask or something like that welcomes the Russian with open arms. So did Crimea.... now, in the Western Ukraine region, I believe people are fighting tooth and nail against the Russians.

These are the people of Crimea welcoming the Russians 3 months after the annexation singing the national anthem of Russia and waving Russian flags. Point is its quite a divided country, from my impression.

I believe in free speech and seeing the big picture. But yikes. That RT is still using the same talking points, that might have been used had their military actually conquered Ukraine in a couple days like Putin planned, is a bit of a head scratcher.

As to the rest... again I'll simply make the point that there isn't a government in the world that agrees with the arguments you're making. Things are going so poorly that even China is backing away. If Putin isn't careful, Ukraine will gain control of Crimea by the time this is done.

Wow. So much to digest here. You do realize I am now ready to be brainwashed by CNN and you are rebutting the RT propaganda right? Anyway, let just focus on point 1.

Yes, that is the coup. Was he removed illegally? Not being an expert at this issue and just using my logic and bullshit detector, yes, he was removed illegaly. According to wikpedia

Removal of Yanukovych[edit]
On 21 February, President Yanukovych and parliament declared 22 and 23 February to be days of mourning "due to the loss of human life as a result of mass disturbances".[207]

In the afternoon, the Rada voted 328-0[210] to remove Yanukovich from his post and to schedule a presidential election for 25 May.[73][211] This vote did not follow the impeachment process specified by the Ukrainian Constitution, which would have involved formally charging Yanukovych with a crime, a review of the charge by the Constitutional Court of Ukraine, and a three-fourths majority vote—at least 338 votes in favor—in parliament. Instead, parliament declared that Yanukovych "withdrew from his duties in an unconstitutional manner" and cited "circumstances of extreme urgency" as the reason for early elections.[212][unreliable source] Lawmakers then elected opposition leader Oleksandr Turchynov to be the chairman of Parliament, acting president and prime minister of Ukraine; this decision also violated the Constitution, according to which the impeached President was to be succeeded by the Prime Minister Serhiy Arbuzov.[74][213]
[214]

If he was president on Feb 21 and declared the day of mourning, how could Parliement the very next day cite that he withdrew his duties in unconstitutional manner? He was not MIA.

And the next in line should be the Prime Minister. It was an illegal coup de tat.

Ah, now I see, no wonder the Eastern regions started a civil war after this coup dtat. They were not happy the power transferred illegally and thus began the 8 year civil war. You are not helping!!
Is that really what you got from reading the whole wiki page, or did you just skip to a piece you liked? When you have resorted to shooting your citizens you're probably done, and certainly don't have any moral high ground to stand on, never mind pontificate from.

Revolution of Dignity - Wikipedia

One of the side effects of the Russian invasionof Ukraine is that a lot of Russian high-tech equipment is being captured, which is a potential goldmine for US technology spies. Shown below is an example, a Russian Pantsir S1/SA-22 Greyhound air defense system.

1647833367896.png

One of the side effects of the Russian invasionof Ukraine is that a lot of Russian high-tech equipment is being captured, which is a potential goldmine for US technology spies. Shown below is an example, a Russian Pantsir S1/SA-22 Greyhound air defense system.

View attachment 13114
Goldmine for Ukrainian troops. Our tech is better but knowing thine enemy is important.

I was right about the Iraq war from the beginning.

When President Bush claimed that the Iraqies were not allow UN inspectors to inspect potential sites in Iraq, he was bluffing. The mainstream media went with it.

Saddam was entirely cooperative with the UN all through the 90s. He only resisited when the inspections had no sight in end in the early 2000s.

How did I do it? By getting sources from both sides. I do not work for the governemtn. I am just an arm chair person who is trying to make sure that the media is not duping me with fake news.

Of course, do not take it from me. Take it from Laura Logan. You side with Ukraine, you side with the same group that contains Fascists and right wingers.

I believe in free speech and seeing the big picture. But yikes. That RT is still using the same talking points, that might have been used had their military actually conquered Ukraine in a couple days like Putin planned, is a bit of a head scratcher.

As to the rest... again I'll simply make the point that there isn't a government in the world that agrees with the arguments you're making. Things are going so poorly that even China is backing away. If Putin isn't careful, Ukraine will gain control of Crimea by the time this is done.

You think the Russians are like American arm forces where you shock and awe, destroy and flatten entire cities and then move in? You do know these are people who have families on both sides right? Many of these cities still have water, electricity and internet. The Russians are not destroying all infrastructure and then moving in like how the Americans would completely wipe out cities during the first few days.

If Putin does indeed get what he wants, you have to take your hats off to him for minimizing colateral damage.

RT is banned, but the youtube algorithm continues to recommend me stuff..it is powerful. This time it tried to recommend me the BBC, another propaganda channel from UK. However, it is BBC from 2015. Apparently, the memo that you are not suppose to be making pieces like these did not arrive yet in 2015. It would be unthinkable for BBC to make this documentary below today.

Lara Logan claimed Zallensky was a puppet in my first post today. youtube algo just recommended this. Take a look. Have to go...

Putting you on ignore, Blam.

I don’t really need Chinese talking points right now. Give my regards to Emperor PoohBear.

Woah!!! Something I said? The last posts were videos from Western propaganda sources, not Chinese.

Interview with Lara Logan - United States
Far right group in Ukraine - BBC from United Kingdom
Zelensky Oligarch connection - Radio Free Europe, funded by United States.

If you look at my original post which is the first post on this thread, I try to get my news from BOTH sides, opening the possibility that BOTH sides are attempting to dupe me. You should tell your bosses at Epoch Times, coming up with a newspaper that only spews Anti China propaganda is going to quickly exposed it as having a agenda. Its more effective to look impartial, then the agenda can be hidden. Then it would look more like CNN, Fox or NYT.

Rumors are flying that the Russians are burning their papers at the embassy in Warsaw and have informed nonessential embassy personnel to leave the country immediately. Speculation is that Putin is getting ready to issue an ultimatum to Poland to cease acting as a conduit for military support to Ukraine or face attack.

Rumors are flying that the Russians are burning their papers at the embassy in Warsaw and have informed nonessential embassy personnel to leave the country immediately. Speculation is that Putin is getting ready to issue an ultimatum to Poland to cease acting as a conduit for military support to Ukraine or face attack.
I hadn't heard those rumors, but I think the Poles have put a giant stake in the ground with Putin by expelling 45 diplomats and blocking the embassy bank accounts. They have delivered a huge FU in the clear knowledge that they are a member of Nato and any direct action by him will bring a direct response from Nato. I doubt they are making these decisions in isolation. I would also doubt there is much appetite in Russia for a military confrontation with Nato given they are having their asses handed to them in the Ukraine (relatively speaking).

As I've said before, as calculations go, by Putin, he has f-d up beyond all recognition. He has done more to unify and reenergize Nato than anything or anyone in decades and he has the EU moving towards a unified defense strategy, the freaking EU!!!

Back