War in Ukraine soon?

I don’t know about the rest of all ya all but in the time I have been in these various forums Dominic has provided I for one NEVER would have imagined in a million years any poster in this sub-forum of a soccer site would be in here showing their love for Putin.

I don't disagree with what you're saying and was sort of thinking the same. But then I tried to check myself as regardless of the motives of any poster the brute reality is as China grows in power and influence, Western economies better start to be ready to talk about why freedom, democracy and the western way of life is worth fighting for; as the Chinese are confident about their top down model of government. And we should expect them to push for it to take over...

I don’t know about the rest of all ya all but in the time I have been in these various forums Dominic has provided I for one NEVER would have imagined in a million years any poster in this sub-forum of a soccer site would be in here showing their love for Putin.

The rationale is obvious. Food on the table matters matters most. Financial freedom matters most. Putin restored order. Take a look at the GDP of Russia since Putin came to power and compare that to Yeltsin.

What about Putin is not to like if you were a Russian compared to Yeltsin? I can see a good argument for a potential better leader than Putin, but Putin vs Yeltsin is an obvious choice, Putin unless you are not Russian and wish Russia the worst.

This Massive misrepresentation of a post coming from the slug who
fully supported the 100% Lies put forth by Adam Schiff/(Ed Buck) via
Alaxander Vindman and Maria Yovanovitch.
Please ...you and your ilk are the reason we are in this place and time.
How much AMERICAN TAXPAYER MONEY is going to be laundered
thru this manufactured fiasco in Ukraine.
Ukraine, one of the most CORRUPT " Nations " on the planet.
We ( TRUE Americans ) know Putin is akin to the residue that resides
in the bottom of a toilet.
We ( TRUE Americans ) also know that individuals like you cannot
face the facts that YOU supported/support the very same ideology
currently emanating from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

A TRUE AMERICAN admits their mistakes, it's time you grow up and
admit you and your ilk installed a GLOBAL Mistake that is pushing for
WWIII to hide their crimes they committed against humanity.

" Resident " Biden and his administration are the pussies in the school
yard who goad others into a fight to hide their misdeeds.

I don't disagree with what you're saying and was sort of thinking the same. But then I tried to check myself as regardless of the motives of any poster the brute reality is as China grows in power and influence, Western economies better start to be ready to talk about why freedom, democracy and the western way of life is worth fighting for; as the Chinese are confident about their top down model of government. And we should expect them to push for it to take over...

No need to talk. Great thinkers have already written books about them and they are much more credible than politicians. From John Locke to John Stuart Mill to Rousseau and to Marx. Marx is really more economics than political but the 2 are closely complementary. I would also add Nietzsche to that list although that is for completeness, for living a great life is not just about being in a good political system but also includes the individual principles.

Many of my idols were the founding fathers of US. One of them introduced me to atheism, Thomas Paine. Its led me to agree that religion should be banned if that is possible. And may I add, you got not a democracy but a republic. Yes, I admit, even though I love democracy I understand the founding fathers did not leave us with a democracy. That came through decades of civil rights struggle and especially the 14th amendment, for without it, none of the 10 amendments would have been the infamous bill of rights.

To me, the Western way of life is a world without religion, not freedom of religion. Freedom of religion is a value gone haywired. Religion is what deluded mankind and gave rise to monarches through beliefs in superstition. Do dont hijack the phrase "Western way of life" with way life is now, rather that phrase should mean the way it was envisioned by Locke, and Rosseau.

Finally, you are delusioned if you think that Americas foreign policy is about spreading democracy or western way of life. Its all about regime change hiding under the cloak of spreading democracy. Maybe you are just naive if you believe it is under good intentions.

Just one to add, I do think the study of western philosophy is important especialy those during the Enlightenment period. I cannto speak for countries in Japan or Korea but I always got a sense that perhaps western philosophy is not taught in those countries. Confucianism thoughts should be actively challenged in those countries. As for China, China was shaped in a small way by Marx(more so by Lenin in my opinion and of course Mao), so they are are bit more Westernized compared to Japan or Korea. But I also have came across many from there that have not read Marx unless they took a special class in school and that I think is a shame.

No need to talk. Great thinkers have already written books about them and they are much more credible than politicians. From John Locke to John Stuart Mill to Rousseau and to Marx. Marx is really more economics than political but the 2 are closely complementary. I would also add Nietzsche to that list although that is for completeness, for living a great life is not just about being in a good political system but also includes the individual principles.

Many of my idols were the founding fathers of US. One of them introduced me to atheism, Thomas Paine. Its led me to agree that religion should be banned if that is possible. And may I add, you got not a democracy but a republic. Yes, I admit, even though I love democracy I understand the founding fathers did not leave us with a democracy. That came through decades of civil rights struggle and especially the 14th amendment, for without it, none of the 10 amendments would have been the infamous bill of rights.

To me, the Western way of life is a world without religion, not freedom of religion. Freedom of religion is a value gone haywired. Religion is what deluded mankind and gave rise to monarches through beliefs in superstition. Do dont hijack the phrase "Western way of life" with way life is now, rather that phrase should mean the way it was envisioned by Locke, and Rosseau.

Finally, you are delusioned if you think that Americas foreign policy is about spreading democracy or western way of life. Its all about regime change hiding under the cloak of spreading democracy. Maybe you are just naive if you believe it is under good intentions.

Just one to add, I do think the study of western philosophy is important especialy those during the Enlightenment period. I cannto speak for countries in Japan or Korea but I always got a sense that perhaps western philosophy is not taught in those countries. Confucianism thoughts should be actively challenged in those countries. As for China, China was shaped in a small way by Marx(more so by Lenin in my opinion and of course Mao), so they are are bit more Westernized compared to Japan or Korea. But I also have came across many from there that have not read Marx unless they took a special class in school and that I think is a shame.
Why does this remind me of the bar scene from Good Will Hunting and you’re not Will?

All Russian sponsorred channels have been banned from youtube world wide.

The other side of the propaganda, the NYT, wrote a eulogy on Russia Today which is quite enlightening. I had previously thought that the Russian government had a strong hand control over Russia Today and considered it the unofficial spokesperson for the Russian government. Apparently, I was wrong. They even got the invasion of Ukraine wrong because the government has not fed them the info, so the news analyst were making their own predictions without guidance from the higher ups.

“I had complete free rein over whatever I wanted to say and was never censored,” Mr. Camp said in a video that he posted on Patreon, a subscription site for creators and artists.

“People want to make out RT America to be this crazy propaganda network where we have a hotline to Vladimir Putin and he rings my Bat Phone regularly,” Manila Chan, a news host for eight years, said recently on her podcast, “Chan’s Mouth.”

With Russia Today now banned from all platforms, now my brain will just say what CNN wants me to say. No more dissent. No more thinking outside the box. Think mainstream. Think like the rest of the world. Be like everyone. I submit to the collective.

Some quiet escalations are taking place:

-Looks like China has rebuffed US warnings and is going to support Russia for some level
-Russia is threatening to nationalize the assets of companies that have withdrawn or paused from Russia
-Russia is striking now near the Polish border at places where volunteers and supplies are being assembled.
-Russia has imported Syrian mercenaries into Ukraine.

The other side of the propaganda, the NYT, wrote a eulogy on Russia Today which is quite enlightening. I had previously thought that the Russian government had a strong hand control over Russia Today and considered it the unofficial spokesperson for the Russian government. Apparently, I was wrong. They even got the invasion of Ukraine wrong because the government has not fed them the info, so the news analyst were making their own predictions without guidance from the higher ups.

“I had complete free rein over whatever I wanted to say and was never censored,” Mr. Camp said in a video that he posted on Patreon, a subscription site for creators and artists.

“People want to make out RT America to be this crazy propaganda network where we have a hotline to Vladimir Putin and he rings my Bat Phone regularly,” Manila Chan, a news host for eight years, said recently on her podcast, “Chan’s Mouth.”

With Russia Today now banned from all platforms, now my brain will just say what CNN wants me to say. No more dissent. No more thinking outside the box. Think mainstream. Think like the rest of the world. Be like everyone. I submit to the collective.
If you wish to support murderous dictators who wish to butcher the innocent that is your right because this is America. People have been and are poisoned, tortured and murdered for far less in dictatorships around the world like Russia.

Good point.

You should go to Moscow and carry a big sign saying "Free Speech Now!"

That would be a good way for you to support RT and the other oppressed Russian news outlets.

Don't worry. Freedom of assembly is enshrined in the Russian constitution. You'll be fine.

If you wish to support murderous dictators who wish to butcher the innocent that is your right because this is America. People have been and are poisoned, tortured and murdered for far less in dictatorships around the world like Russia.

Oh no...I do not. But that is one issue we have in the world today. There is too much fake news. How do you know the people who is telling you that Putin is a murderer is telling the truth and not taking things out of context? I have been dissapointed countless times by the main stream media in the past.

One of the earliest news I debunked and one of my biggest dissappoinment was known as the Tiananmen Masaccre in China. I was led to believe that thousands of people were crushed by tanks on Tiananmen Square by the anti Communists. I mean, its baked in the name of the event, Tiananmen Square Massacre. Turns out not a single person died there on June 4 1989 on the square. I knew this after I watched a Western made documentary called Gates of Heavenly Peace which is made by PBS, I think. I repeat, Western made documentary, not CPC propaganda.

With so much propaganda in the news, the best way for a non professional like me who lacks the time to do their own research to uncover the truth is to get the story from both sides, like a juror before passing judgment. You think you will get the truth about Putin from NYT? No way.

To see the eyewitness account that no one died on June 4, 1989 in Tiananmen Square, see at 2:56:00 with voice over in English below , hope you get as dissapointed as I was and that it shakes your strong belief in the mainstream media.

Good point.

You should go to Moscow and carry a big sign saying "Free Speech Now!"

That would be a good way for you to support RT and the other oppressed Russian news outlets.

Don't worry. Freedom of assembly is enshrined in the Russian constitution. You'll be fine.

When push comes to shove, no country will enjoy such freedom even in the USA. Courts will be creative to justify the sentencing. The freedom exist if it can be tolerated as long as it does not shake the system. An example....

Dennis v. United States

When push comes to shove, no country will enjoy such freedom even in the USA. Courts will be creative to justify the sentencing. The freedom exist if it can be tolerated as long as it does not shake the system. An example....

Dennis v. United States

The Dennis decision came down June 4. Interesting day, that one.

Tell you what. Let’s trade banners to mark the occasion this year.

You unfurl a banner in Beijing that says “6/4/1989”. I unfurl a banner in Washington that says “6/4/1951”.

We wait to see which one of us gets arrested.

The Dennis decision came down June 4. Interesting day, that one.

Tell you what. Let’s trade banners to mark the occasion this year.

You unfurl a banner in Beijing that says “6/4/1989”. I unfurl a banner in Washington that says “6/4/1951”.

Grace can raise the June 4, 1944 banner in Paris. It’ll be a wonderful June 4 Festival.

Grace can raise the June 4, 1944 banner in Paris. It’ll be a wonderful June 4 Festival.
I rather go to Marin and unfurl June 4, 2162 and a Star Fleet Academy flag.

The talking heads on the TV are saying the Russians (short of a massive intervention by China) will run out of offensive capabilities in 2 weeks.

The talk coming out of the Russian think tanks is a little bit scary. They are urging Putin to issue a recognition that by sanctioning Russia and by supplying the Ukraine, a state of war effectively exists with NATO (echoing words Tucker Carlson has already used) and to unleash secondary actions (such as sanction some of which were already announced today, appropriations, cyber attacks and fly overs) against the western nations and to interdict supplies inside Poland. Their thinking is the west (particularly France, Italy and Germany) are bluffing and don't have the stomach to stare down Russia in a chicken race to war....that they'll force the US to the negotiating table to remove the sanctions and give Putin what he wants in the Ukraine. Given Putin is almost out of options if the Chinese don't rescue him, the chances of the Russian think tank scenario is substantially rising.

I rather go to Marin and unfurl June 4, 2162 and a Star Fleet Academy flag.

The talking heads on the TV are saying the Russians (short of a massive intervention by China) will run out of offensive capabilities in 2 weeks.

The talk coming out of the Russian think tanks is a little bit scary. They are urging Putin to issue a recognition that by sanctioning Russia and by supplying the Ukraine, a state of war effectively exists with NATO (echoing words Tucker Carlson has already used) and to unleash secondary actions (such as sanction some of which were already announced today, appropriations, cyber attacks and fly overs) against the western nations and to interdict supplies inside Poland. Their thinking is the west (particularly France, Italy and Germany) are bluffing and don't have the stomach to stare down Russia in a chicken race to war....that they'll force the US to the negotiating table to remove the sanctions and give Putin what he wants in the Ukraine. Given Putin is almost out of options if the Chinese don't rescue him, the chances of the Russian think tank scenario is substantially rising.
I think that advise would be wrong. Putin's actions have strengthened Nato like nothing before in decades. The Russian military performance in Ukraine has exposed them in an extremely unflattering light. If they actually hit targets in Poland, the Poles will 100% retaliate and Nato is compelled to go all in. I could see Nato immediately imposing a no fly zone and giving Russia 24 hours to get out of dodge, if even that. If anything, the western hawks must be licking their lips at the prospect of a pop at Russia ... nukes aside obviously, which is a very large "aside" admittedly. That scenario has Ukraine in Nato, alongside Finland & Sweden in all likelihood, with the potential that Ukraine rolls into Crimea (with Nato screaming stop probably).

Oh no...I do not. But that is one issue we have in the world today. There is too much fake news. How do you know the people who is telling you that Putin is a murderer is telling the truth and not taking things out of context? I have been dissapointed countless times by the main stream media in the past.

One of the earliest news I debunked and one of my biggest dissappoinment was known as the Tiananmen Masaccre in China. I was led to believe that thousands of people were crushed by tanks on Tiananmen Square by the anti Communists. I mean, its baked in the name of the event, Tiananmen Square Massacre. Turns out not a single person died there on June 4 1989 on the square. I knew this after I watched a Western made documentary called Gates of Heavenly Peace which is made by PBS, I think. I repeat, Western made documentary, not CPC propaganda.

With so much propaganda in the news, the best way for a non professional like me who lacks the time to do their own research to uncover the truth is to get the story from both sides, like a juror before passing judgment. You think you will get the truth about Putin from NYT? No way.

To see the eyewitness account that no one died on June 4, 1989 in Tiananmen Square, see at 2:56:00 with voice over in English below , hope you get as dissapointed as I was and that it shakes your strong belief in the mainstream media.

Used missed the ship.

I think that advise would be wrong. Putin's actions have strengthened Nato like nothing before in decades. The Russian military performance in Ukraine has exposed them in an extremely unflattering light. If they actually hit targets in Poland, the Poles will 100% retaliate and Nato is compelled to go all in. I could see Nato immediately imposing a no fly zone and giving Russia 24 hours to get out of dodge, if even that. If anything, the western hawks must be licking their lips at the prospect of a pop at Russia ... nukes aside obviously, which is a very large "aside" admittedly. That scenario has Ukraine in Nato, alongside Finland & Sweden in all likelihood, with the potential that Ukraine rolls into Crimea (with Nato screaming stop probably).
Yeah but these are the same brilliant thinkers that said the west would never sanction him, germany would never cut its nose off, and the Ukrainians would welcome them with open arms with flags and flowers. Our experts aren't the only ones subject to bubble think.

I would bet you neither would be arrested. You remind me of paranoid grandmas.

Back