Century Boulevard (we love it)
Victory Boulevard (we love it)
Santa Monica Boulevard (we love it)
Sixth Street (we love it, we love
We love L.A.
I love L.A. (we love it)
I love L.A. (we love it)
I love L.A. (we love it)
The only time I "love LA" is when I manage to sneak through the traffic on my way north by leaving here at 1 AM.

And Union Station is kind of cool now that it has been refurbished except for the security guards that kept waking me up every 30 minutes while I was waiting for my train.

And the Broad Gallery.

Well, if not Woodie Guthrie, here is one that everyone can get behind:

Hate New York City
It's cold and it's damp
And all the people dressed like monkeys
Let's leave Chicago to the Eskimos
That town's a little bit too rugged
For you and me you bad girl
Rollin' down the Imperial Highway
With a big nasty redhead at my side
Santa Ana winds blowing hot from the north
And we as born to ride
Roll down the window, put down the top
Crank up the Beach Boys, baby
Don't let the music stop
We're gonna ride it till
We just can't ride it no more
From the South Bay to the Valley
From the West Side to the East Side
Everybody's very happy
'Cause the sun is shining all the time
Looks like another perfect day
I love L.A. (we love it)
I love L.A. (we love it)
We love it
Look at that mountain
Look at those trees
Look at that bum over there, man
He's down on his knees
Look at these women
There ain't nothing like 'em nowhere
Century Boulevard (we love it)
Victory Boulevard (we love it)
Santa Monica Boulevard (we love it)
Sixth Street (we love it, we love it)
We love L.A.
I love L.A. (we love it)
I love L.A. (we love it)
I love L.A. (we love it)
On the right: everyone is moving to Florida not the cesspool of Los Angeles. How dare you up a place in the biggest lefty loser state?

On the left: how dare you call someone something patronizing like “girl” or “baby”. Why isn’t that gender neutral anyways. And how dare you call someone who is housing challenges a derogatory term like “bum”. You bigoted sack o S!

I’m telling you this is exactly what happened in Spain with their anthem. next! :)

Tell me what the American flag means to you and then you have your answer. By its very nature, a country's flag is a political symbol, and a person's reaction to it (whether standing, kneeling, or not giving a shit and turning your back on it to go get a beer while the line is short) is political speech. Are you seriously taking the position that making others do what you want during the anthem is not political, but it's only political when they don't.

I bet you think the red on the flag represents the blood spilled by our American soldiers so we must respect it and stand at attention. I bet you think the red on the flag absolutely positively does not represent the blood spilled by black people at the hands of racist law enforcement, right? I bet you don't think the red represents thousands of 18 year old boys who died after being drafted and sent to Viet Nam against their will for a stupid, useless war. I bet you think the flag represents freedom despite horrible oppression of minority groups both historically and today. I bet you absolutely, positively do not think the flag represents oppression of large classes of Americans, right?
No….I think your just another screen name of a troll just trying to elicit reactions by just spewing controversial shit and just being a sick…..bet you think the word “American” is racist and hateful too.

Have a nice one, hope we get to meet up some day!

No….I think your just another screen name of a troll just trying to elicit reactions by just spewing controversial shit and just being a sick…..bet you think the word “American” is racist and hateful too.

Have a nice one, hope we get to meet up some day!

Your theory that the national anthem is not political when people respond to it how you want, but it is political when they don't, is not exactly rational. It is no wonder you accuse everyone who doesn't share your point of view of being a troll. You can't defend your position, so you have nothing else to say.

Did anyone else notice that our privileged white Karen used a law that was created to protect black people from being beating to death by cops to file a lawsuit claiming she was retaliated against for not supporting black people who are beaten to death by cops? What a despicable person.

Can someone explain to me why two other players who didn't kneel weren't retaliated against? What about the fact that whiny Karen did kneel the next two games but still didn't get playing time, while those who continued standing remained starters? How the f**k does she explain that? Does someone want to explain how VA Tech was able to take UVA to overtime only two weeks after they suffered a humiliating 3-1 loss? I mean other than the fact that the only player who had any significant reduction in minutes played happened to be Karen, and the other fact that she was responsible for all three of the goals in the first game?

She will squander her paltry settlement but must live the rest of her life knowing her soccer career ended in dismal failure with the vast majority of her former teammates hating her and calling her out for her bs lies, and also knowing that her hate had absolutely no impact on the person she tried to take down. She'll also never get a decent job with a reputable employer because they'll do a google search. Employers know what to expect from whiny Karens who make their moms call coach when they get benched and who make up lies and excuses for their own poor performance instead of accepting responsibility and trying to improve.

Your theory that the national anthem is not political when people respond to it how you want, but it is political when they don't, is not exactly rational. It is no wonder you accuse everyone who doesn't share your point of view of being a troll. You can't defend your position, so you have nothing else to say.
Just not being baited….

My point is that the Anthem isn’t political in terms of R v D. It stands for this country and all the privileges that come with it. Is there still a ways to go? Yes, have we come a long way in a short period of time? Yes. Care to acknowledge that? Probably not.
Regardless of the turmoil, this country and what it stands for is something we should all be proud of.

The Anthem not political in the politics of R v D.

Just not being baited….

My point is that the Anthem isn’t political in terms of R v D. It stands for this country and all the privileges that come with it. Is there still a ways to go? Yes, have we come a long way in a short period of time? Yes. Care to acknowledge that? Probably not.
Regardless of the turmoil, this country and what it stands for is something we should all be proud of.

Lol!

Just not being baited….

That is certainly one nutty and nonsensical way to rationalize why you think making people stand for the anthem isn't political, but it is only political when they don't do what you want. It's not political when people believe the US has been coming along quite nicely to your satisfaction, but it is political when people disagree with you? Based on many of your posts, it seems to me that you define "politics" as "people not doing what you want", although you clearly don't realize it.

I suppose it is progress that fewer cops have been going around murdering black people since people started bringing attention to the issue by kneeling.

That is certainly one nutty and nonsensical way to rationalize why you think making people stand for the anthem isn't political, but it is only political when they don't do what you want. It's not political when people believe the US has been coming along quite nicely to your satisfaction, but it is political when people disagree with you? Based on many of your posts, it seems to me that you define "politics" as "people not doing what you want", although you clearly don't realize it.

I suppose it is progress that fewer cops have been going around murdering black people since people started bringing attention to the issue by kneeling.
Talk about nut jobs, do you even know what you’re arguing?……you’re actually making up arguments in your head!

Please show me where I said ANYTHING about making people stand for the Anthem. I’m talking about the Anthem itself and what it represents to our Country.
But keep making shit up so you can make your political statements even if it isn’t the topic of the discussion.

If any of you are so offended by the NA or The American Flag..why are you still here?! If it's that bad here..why don't you pack your $#!T and leave?!
I'll tell you why..because despite all the crap going on in our country..this country is still the best place to live on the planet.
My son is the only person in his HS home room class to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance. The only one. My youngest recently had a substitute teacher
who is also a vet that made the class repeat the pledge because some kids were screwing around the first time. I got no problem with that. And I didn't hear of any parents having an issue with it. I'm sure in certain parts of the country parents would be at the school board meeting calling it a cruel and unusual punishment and asking that the sub never be allowed to work in the district again.

Are you talking about the same people that make up 13% of the population but commit the majority of crime in the country? The same people you see clearing shelves at Target or CVS and loading up bags of merchandise and walking right out the door without paying for any of it?! We keep bringing attention to them breaking the law but progress isn't being made to stop it. Maybe if we started kneeling at the exit as they walk out they will think twice and return the merchandise.
Have you ever gone on a ride-a-long with a busy PD and witnessed the crap they see on a daily basis? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you haven't. You just keep spewing your BS rhetoric. Wouldn't it be refreshing if EVERYONE obeyed the law and we no longer had the need for law enforcement?
What about the black-on-black shootings every weekend in Chicago? Cops aren't doing the murdering there..the locals are taking care of it all on their own. Where's the outcry from BLM?! Where's the crime reduction / progress?
What about the black deputy from RIvCo that was murdered in the line-of-duty a few days ago? Where's the outrage? He was after all black..so it should matter right?

Of course the National Anthem is political speech. It is entirely political. The full lyrics can be found here:

The poem extolled the defense of Fort McHenry in the War of 1812. That was a war that we (the U.S.) started after a divided congressional vote which split along party lines. It was not a popular war at the time. The underlying issue was Britain's support of North American Indian rights in the face of American colonialism. Nowadays our history books mostly talk about the British press-gangs as being the impetus of the war, but this is itself a form of politics played by means of revisionist history. Bottom Line: the war was politically divisive, and the National Anthem supported the war.

Another political issue is the last couple of stanzas of the poem. Note the references to slaves and the rights of freemen. Frances Scott Key was a slaveholder and represented owners in cases to recover their runaway slaves. In fairness, he also manumitted some of his slaves, so he was not the worst of the worst. Still, songs supportive of the right to own slaves, written by slaveholders, are inherently political in a country that gave something like 600,000 lives fighting a war to end slavery.

In my opinion, our present National Anthem should be kicked to the curb, and supplanted by another. Aesthetically speaking, it is unsingable with tortured lyrical construction and such freakish octave changes that it can only be properly performed by shape-note singers. The melody comes from a British drinking ditty, and the lyrics are so obtuse that only about 40% of Americans know the words to the first stanza. And this is after hearing it thousands of times at athletic events. I doubt that even 1% of Americans know the entire poem; and really, who'd want to?

We have more popular songs that are much less politically repugnant. How about "This Land Is Your Land," by Woodie Guthrie?

This land is your land and this land is my land
From California to the New York island
From the redwood forest to the Gulf Stream waters
This land was made for you and me
As I went walking that ribbon of highway
I saw above me that endless skyway
Saw below me that golden valley
I roamed and rambled and I've followed my footsteps
To the sparkling sands of her diamond deserts
All around me a voice was sounding
When the sun come shining, then I was strolling
And the wheat fields waving and the dust clouds rolling
The voice was chanting as the fog was lifting
This land is your land and this land is my land
From California to the New York island
From the redwood forest to the Gulf Stream waters
When the sun come shining, then I was strolling
And the wheat fields waving and the dust clouds rolling
The voice come a-chanting and the fog was lifting

You understand who wrote that song! LMAO

Woody Guthrie

Throughout his life, Guthrie was associated with United States communist groups, although he apparently did not belong to any.[11] With the outbreak of World War II and the Molotov-Ribbentrop non-aggression pact the Soviet Union had signed with Germany in 1939, the anti-Stalin owners of KFVD radio were not comfortable with Guthrie's political leanings after he wrote a song praising the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact and the Soviet invasion of Poland.[12] He left the station, ending up in New York, where he wrote and recorded his 1940 album Dust Bowl Ballads, based on his experiences during the 1930s, which earned him the nickname the "Dust Bowl Troubadour".[13] In February 1940, he wrote his most famous song, "This Land Is Your Land". He said it was a response to what he felt was the overplaying of Irving Berlin's "God Bless America" on the radio

Are you talking about the same people that make up 13% of the population but commit the majority of crime in the country? The same people you see clearing shelves at Target or CVS and loading up bags of merchandise and walking right out the door without paying for any of it?! We keep bringing attention to them breaking the law but progress isn't being made to stop it. Maybe if we started kneeling at the exit as they walk out they will think twice and return the merchandise.
Have you ever gone on a ride-a-long with a busy PD and witnessed the crap they see on a daily basis? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you haven't. You just keep spewing your BS rhetoric. Wouldn't it be refreshing if EVERYONE obeyed the law and we no longer had the need for law enforcement?
What about the black-on-black shootings every weekend in Chicago? Cops aren't doing the murdering there..the locals are taking care of it all on their own. Where's the outcry from BLM?! Where's the crime reduction / progress?
What about the black deputy from RIvCo that was murdered in the line-of-duty a few days ago? Where's the outrage? He was after all black..so it should matter right?

Hello angry racist man. You went all in with those dark places on the Internet, didn't you? The Daily Stormer and Infowars really make a lot of sense in your itty bitty brain?

So you're saying it's ok for law enforcement officers to murder black people because some people who are black robbed Target? But if you really want to know where crime reduction is, well, violent and theft crimes are down almost 50% from the 1980s when Ronald Reagan was president and you thought America was great.

You understand who wrote that song! LMAO
I still like the song. Most people do. Peter, Paul and Mary made a ton of money singing it. And I don't hold Woody Guthrie's "communist" leanings against him. He wanted things like fair wages and the right to organize, just like a lot of people did then and do now.

Last edited:
If we want our sports teams to be inclusive of minority political viewpoints, we need to end the practice of team-sponsored political speech.

The on-field individual political speech probably needs to go with it. Otherwise, you end up splitting the team internally by political viewpoint every time 2/3 of players support a cause and 1/3 do not. That makes the team an uncomfortable place for the 1/3.

Most workplaces already do this. When you go the the bank, you don’t see BLM shirts or MAGA hats on the employees. The employees dress professionally, and do their politics on their own time.
It used to be that if you had differing politics you'd "agree to disagree". Now you have to be shouted down, name called, ostracized or canceled for having an opposing opinion. People are just too quick these days to be offended. Weird because I don't recall anything in the Constitution that gave us the right to be offended. What we all need is thicker skin. The strangest part is when those not impacted by the "offense", cry louder than the actual victims.

It used to be that if you had differing politics you'd "agree to disagree". Now you have to be shouted down, name called, ostracized or canceled for having an opposing opinion. People are just too quick these days to be offended. Weird because I don't recall anything in the Constitution that gave us the right to be offended. What we all need is thicker skin. The strangest part is when those not impacted by the "offense", cry louder than the actual victims.

The idea that people used to agree to disagree is a fantasy. People have always shouted, name called, ostracized and canceled. The thing that has changed significantly, however, is that today there tend to be actual repercussions against those who say and do awful things instead of those who try to speak out against them. Today, thankfully, there are repercussions for the likes of Harvey Weinstein, Alex Jones, and Derek Chauvin. But by all means feel free to tell all the people raped by Weinstein to grow a thicker skin. Tell civil rights protesters who were hit with fire hoses and billy clubs for protesting police brutality to suck it up and stop being so uppity. Feel free to tell the parents of children who were murdered at Sandy Hook to get over it since it was all just a hoax.

BTW, every time you use the word "canceled", what you really mean is "held accountable". The better solution if you don't want repercussions for saying or doing awful things is to not say or do awful things.

The idea that people used to agree to disagree is a fantasy. People have always shouted, name called, ostracized and canceled. The thing that has changed significantly, however, is that today there tend to be actual repercussions against those who say and do awful things instead of those who try to speak out against them. Today, thankfully, there are repercussions for the likes of Harvey Weinstein, Alex Jones, and Derek Chauvin. But by all means feel free to tell all the people raped by Weinstein to grow a thicker skin. Tell civil rights protesters who were hit with fire hoses and billy clubs for protesting police brutality to suck it up and stop being so uppity. Feel free to tell the parents of children who were murdered at Sandy Hook to get over it since it was all just a hoax.

BTW, every time you use the word "canceled", what you really mean is "held accountable". The better solution if you don't want repercussions for saying or doing awful things is to not say or do awful things.
Thank you for proving my point and your conflating differences of opinion with actual assault.

OK…we’ll play your way….sorry sad little troll but Black people aren’t the only victims of Police, may want to check your stats.
That said, any victim black, white, yellow, brown doesn’t matter it’s still a tragedy. But to say all police are bad because a few police are bad it’s simply idiotic.

Hello angry racist man. You went all in with those dark places on the Internet, didn't you? The Daily Stormer and Infowars really make a lot of sense in your itty bitty brain?

So you're saying it's ok for law enforcement officers to murder black people because some people who are black robbed Target? But if you really want to know where crime reduction is, well, violent and theft crimes are down almost 50% from the 1980s when Ronald Reagan was president and you thought America was great.

You didn't answer one question of mine. Not surprised. Where did I say it was ok for LE to murder black people? I don't go on either of those sites you mentioned. And I'm not White...so I can't be an angry racist man right? Care to post a link to those crime numbers you are referring to? Doubt you will since you made those numbers up in your head. You are a troll and an idiot. And everyone here knows it. But keep going. @espola is waiting to hit the like button on another one of your posts.

BTW, every time you use the word "canceled", what you really mean is "held accountable".
Thank you for proving my point and your conflating differences of opinion with actual assault.
My buddies wife was "canceled" at work for saying "no" to jabs. Fired after 23 years as a teacher. I know a woman that had all her college paid for but said "no" to jabs and was "canceled" and not allowed to attend Big U. These Elites will soon be the Deletes!

Back