Vaccine

I'd recommend you read up on the case because it goes way beyond not doing their job. Both Senator Blumenthal and Leahy (also attorneys) are strongly recommending prosecution of the FBI agents.
I read some of the statements from the gymnasts. It's just stomach turning. No one seemed interested in protecting the girls - multiple levels of failure, not just the FBI. It's an indictment of our society, in my opinion. I wish it was the exception, but sadly, I expect that this is just a situation that has gained the spotlight.

p.s. the airlines (much like the supermarket) don't consider asthma a disability that requires a mask exception. I know because I've had a relative try it. We also know because people claim "asthma" to get exempt from supermarket bans, and as some fun videos on the internet have shown, it doesn't usually work.
Well, if the airlines don't consider asthma a sufficient disability to warrant an exemption, it is probably because asthma is not sufficient to warrant an exemption.

The other possibility is that there is a limited capacity for listening to mask complaints. Flight attendants, like all people, only have so much patience. They already have had to deal with a lot of shit from the first thousand belligerent anti-mask customers, and might not have much interest in listening to the thousand and first excuse for not being able to wear a mask properly.

Well, if the airlines don't consider asthma a sufficient disability to warrant an exemption, it is probably because asthma is not sufficient to warrant an exemption.

The other possibility is that there is a limited capacity for listening to mask complaints. Flight attendants, like all people, only have so much patience. They already have had to deal with a lot of shit from the first thousand belligerent anti-mask customers, and might not have much interest in listening to the thousand and first excuse for not being able to wear a mask properly.
Gee, if only we had a limited capacity to irrationally enforce masking on children two and under. It appears there is no limit to that. We've got plenty of belligerent anti-children folks out there (and on here) as well.

Yes, I do feel for the flight attendants and anyone else tasked with the thankless job of telling people to wear masks. It's interesting. I've noticed masking has changed my thinking about flying versus driving. I was actually a little relieved when the airline tickets were ridiculously high to Vegas and I decided to drive 8.5 hours instead of flying and wearing a mask 3.5-4 hours until I got in my rental car. Pre-Covid, I'm pretty sure I'd have just sucked it up and bought the ticket. I need to make sure my playlists are updated.

Or maybe spare the flight attendants by not masking really small kids, particularly when some adults around them are using the masks only for take off and landing. Again the us is out of touch here in comparison to the rest of the world.

there isn’t as asthma exception btw for the simple reason that it would exempt over 10% of passengers

Grace T. is glossing over the fact that this has all the hallmarks of an irresponsible anti-vaxxer parent who has been risking giving Covid to her infant with a debilitating lung issues from birth. Apparently, anti-vaxxer mommy subjected her child with serious asthma to Covid at home every day from birth. When that failed to kill her baby, she took him on a plane trip through a crowded airport in an area that currently ranks among the highest transmission and death rates in the U.S. due to the overall anti-vaxxer sentiment. She did this knowing her little baby can't wear a mask. And to maximize the chances of killing her child, she ignored AA's processes for seeking an exemption which might have given her and AA the ability to figure out a solution to this problem. If there was ever a child that was a high risk to get and die of covid, it is this one. If there was ever a child that was a high risk to spread covid to others, it is also this one. The real lessons to be learned here is that someone needs to call CPS, and that anti-vaxxers are easily manipulated into believing even the most bs narrative. This is the type of person that anti-vaxxers believe are heroes. Soak it in.

I wonder why Grace T. believes private businesses like American Airlines should not be allowed to implement their own rules? Is this a "strict construction" thing? Did someone change the Commerce Clause without telling me and add something about how private companies can make their customers wear shirts, pants and shoes, just not masks?
More safety theater.

Gee, if only we had a limited capacity to irrationally enforce masking on children two and under. It appears there is no limit to that. We've got plenty of belligerent anti-children folks out there (and on here) as well.

Yes, I do feel for the flight attendants and anyone else tasked with the thankless job of telling people to wear masks. It's interesting. I've noticed masking has changed my thinking about flying versus driving. I was actually a little relieved when the airline tickets were ridiculously high to Vegas and I decided to drive 8.5 hours instead of flying and wearing a mask 3.5-4 hours until I got in my rental car. Pre-Covid, I'm pretty sure I'd have just sucked it up and bought the ticket. I need to make sure my playlists are updated.
I will never fly again until people change being scared. The mask is back and now people are going around like this dude.

It's getting real chippie again with mask/vax dude vs no mask and mine your business mama bears at stores. How sad we have men acting like this. I know deep deep down what the truth is but no one can handle the real truth. Carry on with this and that and i will focus on why I have to do to survive. Maybe one of these days we can meet up on the road somewhere bro. I love to drive btw :) You're a good dad and did the right thing for you and your family. I respect that and you respect me, and I respect that you respect that. What I mean is, we can disagree to disagree on vax or no vax and still have respect from one man to another man. Respect is the key word. Thanks for respecting me man, I love you a lot and feel your kindness through the computer. Espola and that GG dude, hell no!!!

Covid vaccine passports scrapped for winter by Boris Johnson

Boris Johnson will announce this week that he is scrapping plans that would have required vaccine passports for entry to nightclubs, cinemas and sports grounds.

On Tuesday, the prime minister will announce plans to try to keep Covid under control over the winter. He will say that he has abandoned the proposed compulsory certification scheme, which would have forced venues to check people’s vaccine status.

Good night Bruddah IZ. These are times unlike any time in history. I feel blessed to be alive as a time such as now. Get ready for some amazing and crazy ass times. What kind of popcorn you like? I got me some tasty old fashion pop with extra butter bruddah :)

Many hospitals demand that employees with prior COVID disease get vaccinated, despite already having stronger longer lasting immunity. If hospitals cannot get the medical evidence right on this one, how can we trust them with other aspects of our health?
Kulldorff Quote Tweet

In Israel, vaccinated individuals had 27 times higher risk of symptomatic COVID infection compared to those with natural immunity from prior COVID disease [95%CI:13-57, adjusted for time of vaccine/disease]. No COVID deaths in either group. https://medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

Or maybe spare the flight attendants by not masking really small kids, particularly when some adults around them are using the masks only for take off and landing. Again the us is out of touch here in comparison to the rest of the world.

there isn’t as asthma exception btw for the simple reason that it would exempt over 10% of passengers
Why do you take it for granted that adults get to ignore the mask rules?

You start by assuming that we all do our best to make the rules unworkable, and then complain that the rules don't work.

How about a mandate for people to take care of themselves:

1. healthy BMI
2. healthy diet
3. daily exercise for at least 20 min.

You would all be less anti-liberty, anti-immune system.

Done for me but 1-3 not happen in the USA.

Getting more people out of cars; walking, running, biking, investing in outdoor infrastructure, alt forms of transport; biking, PEV would be a good thing.

In Holland bigger cities you see up to 75% of people using bikes instead of cars to get around. USA is such a car culture I dunno if we will really ever invest enough in alt forms of transportation or infrastructure, paths, lanes, incentives, etc.

I will never fly again until people change being scared. The mask is back and now people are going around like this dude.

It's getting real chippie again with mask/vax dude vs no mask and mine your business mama bears at stores. How sad we have men acting like this. I know deep deep down what the truth is but no one can handle the real truth. Carry on with this and that and i will focus on why I have to do to survive. Maybe one of these days we can meet up on the road somewhere bro. I love to drive btw :) You're a good dad and did the right thing for you and your family. I respect that and you respect me, and I respect that you respect that. What I mean is, we can disagree to disagree on vax or no vax and still have respect from one man to another man. Respect is the key word. Thanks for respecting me man, I love you a lot and feel your kindness through the computer. Espola and that GG dude, hell no!!!
Respect is in short supply @crush. The MO for many has become, dehumanize those that disagree and use whatever power is available to "correct" their behavior.

Why do you take it for granted that adults get to ignore the mask rules?

You start by assuming that we all do our best to make the rules unworkable, and then complain that the rules don't work.
Because I’ve seen it with my own eyes on airplanes. If you allow food and drink some adults cheat and just wear it for take off and landing. It’s the same as masks in restaurants at bars restaurants and theaters. It’s security theater. Tormenting the 2 year old is doing nothing if you aren’t enforcing it against the adults…particularly as the Mom here is trying to comply while the adult is actively cheating

security theater with collateral damage is worse than actually sticking to your principles and enforcing rules that make sense (but hey then you are back to no indoor dining). Or you know you could get in line with the rest of the world and at least exempt kids five and under (a 2 year old having about as much control as a moderately autistic 12 year old)

Because I’ve seen it with my own eyes on airplanes. If you allow food and drink some adults cheat and just wear it for take off and landing. It’s the same as masks in restaurants at bars restaurants and theaters. It’s security theater. Tormenting the 2 year old is doing nothing if you aren’t enforcing it against the adults…particularly as the Mom here is trying to comply while the adult is actively cheating

security theater with collateral damage is worse than actually sticking to your principles and enforcing rules that make sense (but hey then you are back to no indoor dining). Or you know you could get in line with the rest of the world and at least exempt kids five and under (a 2 year old having about as much control as a moderately autistic 12 year old)

The sad truth to all of this is if everyone just got vaccinated the mask stuff wouldn't be nearly as important. Even skipping those under 12. The numbers across the US in hospitals would plummet and security theatre wouldn't really be a reaction. Unfortunately that's not the place we're in.

The sad truth to all of this is if everyone just got vaccinated the mask stuff wouldn't be nearly as important.
BS!!! The truth will come out soon and oh boy, you sir are in for a big suprise. What you think truth is will not be the truth. Listen to the wrong folks this time. The sad truth is people like you fell for it. If everyone would just take the bat shot all this would be over. Go back to riding your bike bro and say hi to Golden Gate for me. Love you but you r wrong again.......

Back