Vaccine

If your child cannot wear a mask, do not buy the plane ticket. Many of us have cancelled trips over the past 18 months. You‘ll be in good company.

What is so special about your trip that you should be exempt from the same rules as other people?
If your mask only works when other people wear their mask then do not buy the plane ticket.

If your child cannot wear a mask, do not buy the plane ticket. Many of us have cancelled trips over the past 18 months. You‘ll be in good company.

What is so special about your trip that you should be exempt from the same rules as other people?
It's straight up cruel to mask a young child. It is 100% safety theater when their are periods during the flight when adults aren't wearing a mask like when eating and drinking. Some flights try to enforce mask wearing between sips and bites (absurdity), but most do not and allow you to take off your mask completely while eating and drinking. It's really impressive how long a passenger can drag out the consumption of a small cup of soda and a bag of peanuts. I'm getting pretty good at it myself.

Grace T. is glossing over the fact that this has all the hallmarks of an irresponsible anti-vaxxer parent who has been risking giving Covid to her infant with a debilitating lung issues from birth. Apparently, anti-vaxxer mommy subjected her child with serious asthma to Covid at home every day from birth. When that failed to kill her baby, she took him on a plane trip through a crowded airport in an area that currently ranks among the highest transmission and death rates in the U.S. due to the overall anti-vaxxer sentiment. She did this knowing her little baby can't wear a mask. And to maximize the chances of killing her child, she ignored AA's processes for seeking an exemption which might have given her and AA the ability to figure out a solution to this problem. If there was ever a child that was a high risk to get and die of covid, it is this one. If there was ever a child that was a high risk to spread covid to others, it is also this one. The real lessons to be learned here is that someone needs to call CPS, and that anti-vaxxers are easily manipulated into believing even the most bs narrative. This is the type of person that anti-vaxxers believe are heroes. Soak it in.

I wonder why Grace T. believes private businesses like American Airlines should not be allowed to implement their own rules? Is this a "strict construction" thing? Did someone change the Commerce Clause without telling me and add something about how private companies can make their customers wear shirts, pants and shoes, just not masks?

Grace T. is glossing over the fact that this has all the hallmarks of an irresponsible anti-vaxxer parent who has been risking giving Covid to her infant with a debilitating lung issues from birth. Apparently, anti-vaxxer mommy subjected her child with serious asthma to Covid at home every day from birth. When that failed to kill her baby, she took him on a plane trip through a crowded airport in an area that currently ranks among the highest transmission and death rates in the U.S. due to the overall anti-vaxxer sentiment. She did this knowing her little baby can't wear a mask. And to maximize the chances of killing her child, she ignored AA's processes for seeking an exemption which might have given her and AA the ability to figure out a solution to this problem. If there was ever a child that was a high risk to get and die of covid, it is this one. If there was ever a child that was a high risk to spread covid to others, it is also this one. The real lessons to be learned here is that someone needs to call CPS, and that anti-vaxxers are easily manipulated into believing even the most bs narrative. This is the type of person that anti-vaxxers believe are heroes. Soak it in.

I wonder why Grace T. believes private businesses like American Airlines should not be allowed to implement their own rules? Is this a "strict construction" thing? Did someone change the Commerce Clause without telling me and add something about how private companies can make their customers wear shirts, pants and shoes, just not masks?
Maybe I'm slow, but I wasn't convinced that GoldenGate was EOTL, but that level of fiction is a clearly tell-tale marker that GG is EOTL. Welcome back.

It's straight up cruel to mask a young child. It is 100% safety theater when their are periods during the flight when adults aren't wearing a mask like when eating and drinking. Some flights try to enforce mask wearing between sips and bites (absurdity), but most do not and allow you to take off your mask completely while eating and drinking. It's really impressive how long a passenger can drag out the consumption of a small cup of soda and a bag of peanuts. I'm getting pretty good at it myself.

Yet it's great parenting to take an infant with a debilitating lung condition maskless to literally the most crowded building in a city with one of the highest Covid-19 transmission rates in the U.S.? The only thing that is theater here is anti-vaxxer mommy using her high risk baby as a prop and endangering his health (to the extent the "asthma" isn't complete bs) to increase her Instagram following.

Maybe I'm slow, but I wasn't convinced that GoldenGate was EOTL, but that level of fiction is a clearly tell-tale marker that GG is EOTL. Welcome back.
Yes Wat Fly, you got slow bro. Here's the deal. Where is Husker & Espola when GG starts yapping? I told you a long game ago that were all and the same.

It is insane that people think putting a mask on a two year old is child abuse, but that taking a high risk child with a debilitating lung condition through the most crowded building in one of the highest risk cities in America during a pandemic is great parenting. The day she traveled was one of TX's highest single day death and new case totals.

It is insane that people think putting a mask on a two year old is child abuse, but that taking a high risk child with a debilitating lung condition through the most crowded building in one of the highest risk cities in America during a pandemic is great parenting. The day she traveled was one of TX's highest single day death and new case totals.
A sane person would think that both actions could be considered poor parenting. But you know...soemthing to be said about sanity these days. Seems like a scarce commodity

Unhinged, uber woke, leftist that was kicked off the forum a few months ago for posting brain cell killing tantrums.
Sounds like fun, clean,logical conversation. The pandemic has certainly caused trauma in many. Interesting to some degree how it presents in some people.

Err...I can think of a ton of reason outside of vacation. When my kid was that age, I had to travel on a work trip (as a single parent could not leave the kid by himself), family funeral, moving to another place, split custody, caring for an aged grandmother, saying goodbye to a dying relative. Lots of reasons.

We're one of the very few countries to mandate masks on 2 year olds, including those with special needs. What's special about it is it's a 2 year old.
American Airlines already has a disability exemption process on their website:

"These rules do not apply to children under 2, or if you have a disability that prevents you from wearing a face covering and meet the exemption requirements."

If this really was a special case, there was a way to deal with it.

But you have to follow the process. You can't just show up and demand an exception. That puts flight attendants in the position of judging whether a particular passenger is or is not disabled.

American Airlines already has a disability exemption process on their website:

"These rules do not apply to children under 2, or if you have a disability that prevents you from wearing a face covering and meet the exemption requirements."

If this really was a special case, there was a way to deal with it.

But you have to follow the process. You can't just show up and demand an exception. That puts flight attendants in the position of judging whether a particular passenger is or is not disabled.

That's an argument again for not requiring it on the very young. Conditions like autism (unless very severe and rendering the child nearly complete disfunction) and ADHD are often not diagnosed at age 2. Reason why is because you need the child to be able to talk fairly fluently to diagnose. ADHD is usually not diagnosed until grade 3-5 so the parent might not know until they get put into a stressful situation like on the plane.

As for asthma, again with a 2 year old you are just figuring out how it interacts with the environment. The child isn't fully communicative and isn't able to describe how they are feeling. If it's the child's first flight, maybe you don't know the airline vents (or a dog in the vicinity) is going to trigger it.

You've just laid out a reason for why children shouldn't be masked at all until age 5 when they get some ability to describe their body and its reaction to stimulus. Or are you in favor of masking babies? Because the justification for not masking babies is they might stop breathing and parents may not notice.

That's an argument again for not requiring it on the very young. Conditions like autism (unless very severe and rendering the child nearly complete disfunction) and ADHD are often not diagnosed at age 2. Reason why is because you need the child to be able to talk fairly fluently to diagnose. ADHD is usually not diagnosed until grade 3-5 so the parent might not know until they get put into a stressful situation like on the plane.

As for asthma, again with a 2 year old you are just figuring out how it interacts with the environment. The child isn't fully communicative and isn't able to describe how they are feeling. If it's the child's first flight, maybe you don't know the airline vents (or a dog in the vicinity) is going to trigger it.

You've just laid out a reason for why children shouldn't be masked at all until age 5 when they get some ability to describe their body and its reaction to stimulus. Or are you in favor of masking babies? Because the justification for not masking babies is they might stop breathing and parents may not notice.

p.s. the airlines (much like the supermarket) don't consider asthma a disability that requires a mask exception. I know because I've had a relative try it. We also know because people claim "asthma" to get exempt from supermarket bans, and as some fun videos on the internet have shown, it doesn't usually work.

Back