USWNT Olympic roster announced

In the next 5 years the world will pass WNT. The coaching and development is just WAY better in other countries. But will will enjoy it while it lasts

that's three games of bad soccer by the US. A couple good plays, but way too much turning ball over and lackluster effort. Don't let Rapinoe take any more corners please. Plenty of other options. I don't know what to think about this team any more. At least if they lose the next game it will be to my native homies. 2-0 US for a rematch vs. Sweden in the Final.

Then, win or lose, we should respectfully show all but Ertz, Lavelle, Sam Mewis and Horan the exit. Thank them for their service, and bring in the next generation of ballers.

I thought Rapinoe was pretty terrible , numerous poor passes. But then she bangs in a PK in a pressure situation, so good for her

that's three games of bad soccer by the US. A couple good plays, but way too much turning ball over and lackluster effort. Don't let Rapinoe take any more corners please. Plenty of other options. I don't know what to think about this team any more. At least if they lose the next game it will be to my native homies. 2-0 US for a rematch vs. Sweden in the Final.

Then, win or lose, we should respectfully show all but Ertz, Lavelle, Sam Mewis and Horan the exit. Thank them for their service, and bring in the next generation of ballers.
Can't agree more. I think it's clear this is the strategy from the beginning. Pin your hopes on experience and tactical substitutes to just get you by for each game. I think they scratch out a win against Canada but lose in a close match to Sweden.

They certainly need to tighten up their soccer. I don't mind watching games that don't have a predetermined outcome. Canada will come out of the gate hard. Will make for a fun game.

I do think there was a lot of pressure to bring in the name brands, the players that have " star power". Whether that be from NBC or US soccer.

Without a track star, swimming star the only real draw for US Olympic fans were Biles, and this woman's team . Maybe US basketball

I do think there was a lot of pressure to bring in the name brands, the players that have " star power". Whether that be from NBC or US soccer.

Without a track star, swimming star the only real draw for US Olympic fans were Biles, and this woman's team . Maybe US basketball
It just not the same as when I was a kid. I think the whole Olympic movement may have outlived its usefulness.

Can't agree more. I think it's clear this is the strategy from the beginning. Pin your hopes on experience and tactical substitutes to just get you by for each game. I think they scratch out a win against Canada but lose in a close match to Sweden.

They certainly need to tighten up their soccer. I don't mind watching games that don't have a predetermined outcome. Canada will come out of the gate hard. Will make for a fun game.

A drawn game that results in a PK session is pre-determined? How does that work?

A drawn game that results in a PK session is pre-determined? How does that work?
yea, because that's what I said. Most games the US has played over the last year or so have been predetermined - like you knew they were going to win. I know you know that. But I also know that you enjoy being obtuse.

I thought Rapinoe was pretty terrible , numerous poor passes. But then she bangs in a PK in a pressure situation, so good for her

She has rightly taken a lot of criticism from this game. From not tracking back and isolating Crystal Dunn 2v1 a bunch to her 15 misplayed passes and ridiculously poor free kicks. When Grant Wahl flames you on Twitter, you know there's a problem...

1627673515059.png

Press and Dunn can stay too…..
I will say in the games leading up to the Olympics it looked like Press had been doing a lot of work to get better and it was paying off. This tournament she really hasn't shown as bright. Dunn is just good. Versatile and tenacious. If you look at the amount of ground she covers and her decisions she is a real asset.

I will say in the games leading up to the Olympics it looked like Press had been doing a lot of work to get better and it was paying off. This tournament she really hasn't shown as bright. Dunn is just good. Versatile and tenacious. If you look at the amount of ground she covers and her decisions she is a real asset.
Watch Dunn defensively. She gives her opponents to much space. Specifically Sweden and Holland built their attack in the US half from her position.

Press and Dunn can stay too…..
gotta disagree with you there...Press is good against cupcake opponents. Good teams, her lack of skill comes out. She's fast and that's about it. Similar to Morgan. Dunn can stay on the team if they play her in her proper position. She's never been comfortable at defense.

Maybe US Soccer should just find the 8 best PK takers in the country and start them?

Canada doesn't have the offensive fire power to beat USA. They did USA a favor beating Brasil who would have been a much more dangerous matchup against the Americans. I hope they high press USA and just go for the win. If they get gassed in the 75th minute, oh well, go down swinging.

Back