U15/05 Girls Academy/ECNL WNT Pool

Congrats to the talented DDs on this list....and this is not meant to take away at all from their AWESOME recognition.......5 So'Cal '05 made the YNT....that is O.K. but I would like to know U.S. Soccers justification for how zero of these 5 play for the LAFC Slammers G'05 team....once these goats get to college they will dominate and show how political this KIDS game has gotten to be when they get the call to THE BIG TEAM......

Congrats to the talented DDs on this list....and this is not meant to take away at all from their AWESOME recognition.......5 So'Cal '05 made the YNT....that is O.K. but I would like to know U.S. Soccers justification for how zero of these 5 play for the LAFC Slammers G'05 team....once these goats get to college they will dominate and show how political this KIDS game has gotten to be when they get the call to THE BIG TEAM......

They don’t play DA...not saying it is right, but what it looks like.

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if it’s because they play so well as a team (many of them have been together for quite a while) that they don’t stand out individually.
Are they too tactical and not technical enough?
Or too technical and not tactical enough?
Are they just athletes with no soccer IQ?
Or are they not physical enough for what US Soccer wants?
Do they play a different system that what US Soccer wants to see?
Does someone at Us Soccer have a grudge against their coach or against Slammers?

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if it’s because they play so well as a team (many of them have been together for quite a while) that they don’t stand out individually.
Are they too tactical and not technical enough?
Or too technical and not tactical enough?
Are they just athletes with no soccer IQ?
Or are they not physical enough for what US Soccer wants?
Do they play a different system that what US Soccer wants to see?
Does someone at Us Soccer have a grudge against their coach or against Slammers?
LAFC/Slammers made their move two years ago and as of today, I think it's the best move for the girls in OC. I've seen both 04 and 05 teams play and to not have at least one out of the two teams is cruel. Also, the Slammers girl that did make it last year is now hanging at the Beach and on YNT. Strikers is awesome too and have a healthy plan for girls not wanting the DA Way. DA is not too happy with Slammers and it shows. OC is where the epicenter is. The parents right here could help make a shift but I don;t think it will happen this year. Next year maybe.

Last edited:
These Lists are kind of funny to me today. We all know their is about 8-10 super studits at each age. If a coach or scout passes up on one of these goats they will get fired. It's the other 60-80 kids and where they fit in the pecking order that has most of us confused. When my dd went to her first ODP tryout, I saw one girl who I had never seen before run past everyone. Needed some work with the ball, (don't they all) but was fast as lightning. I told everyone, "she's a lock." A few more stood out and then it was a hope and a prayer for the final 14 or so. That's where things get a little sticky. I'm not trying to run for Cal South parent board position at all. I'm just pointing out 100 kids on a list from socal playing for bragging rights is better than 5 picks from a staff from the DA. I think it's time we start talking about these YNT teams taking on those in the ECNL to push them. For those outside of ECNL who feel they wants a looksy, accommodations will be made for a coach to see you play. We can raise fundraising money at these games to help the poor kids play in the GDA too for free. It makes all the sense in the world. It's time for the games to begin. We see the three teams picked for 2020 in U15, U16 and U17 age group. I already have sponsorship's available and private donations so all kids selected to play will not have to pay a dime. Plus it will help the Nations Best take on a few other players who might think otherwise. It would be a good test, to test the best, and something everyone is dying to see :) Is this just wishful thinking?

Here's an interesting thought-
What if the LAFC Slammers 05 team skipped practice one day and attended the DA tryouts at Blues, Pats or West Coast/OC Surf. If their roster was interested in DA, how many of them would get offers? How many girls from the current DA teams would be told "Sorry, we are filling your spot. You can play on the DPL team if you want."

Here's an interesting thought-
What if the LAFC Slammers 05 team skipped practice one day and attended the DA tryouts at Blues, Pats or West Coast/OC Surf. If their roster was interested in DA, how many of them would get offers? How many girls from the current DA teams would be told "Sorry, we are filling your spot. You can play on the DPL team if you want."
You'd be surprised that many would not. All coaches are subjective having their own preferences.

There is another 05 training on 3/18. That list includes 3 ECNL players (2 LAFC and 1 Rebels). It also includes the 3 DA So Cal players attending the 3/2-3/8 training.
Only one list counts lastman. The one's in England bro and this last U15 list. These Lists filter over to social marketing for potential revenue eyes. It seems odd to me that not one studit from Slammers made the final cut? Maybe next time.

All I can say is that press releases don’t put how many hail from the GDA. However, it is greatly skewed in GDA’s favor. Maybe one day the federation will get back to picking the best of the best.
Well, we know right now who the top 24 in the country are in the 05s, 04s and with 03s. So now the rest can take on the best of the best of 2020 :)

Only one list counts lastman. The one's in England bro and this last U15 list. These Lists filter over to social marketing for potential revenue eyes. It seems odd to me that not one studit from Slammers made the final cut? Maybe next time.
Your right and it has not been produced.

They are u16, not u15......that list will likely change for the next event. If my DD isn’t on it, can I borrow your tin foil hat and cry foul too?

They are u16, not u15......that list will likely change for the next event. If my DD isn’t on it, can I borrow your tin foil hat and cry foul too?
I have no tin foil and you of all people have no reason to cry foul Kicker if your goat misses this next event. I do have one ask though?

There is another 05 training on 3/18. That list includes 3 ECNL players (2 LAFC and 1 Rebels). It also includes the 3 DA So Cal players attending the 3/2-3/8 training.

There's another 05 training on 3/11 for Norcal that includes 5/6 ENCL players which are well deserved. Its so strange how they are holding a National Camp event 3/2-3/8 before when having US training for Norcal/Socal a week after. Either way this is great for the girls and I wish them all the success.

There's another 05 training on 3/11 for Norcal that includes 5/6 ENCL players which are well deserved. Its so strange how they are holding a National Camp event 3/2-3/8 before when having US training for Norcal/Socal a week after. Either way this is great for the girls and I wish them all the success.

My mistake! Out of 23 Norcal training pool players for 3/11, out of 23 players there's 10 ECNL players. So its pretty balanced here.

It’s worth noting that of the 10 ‘05 ECNL players that are invited to the NorCal NTC on 3/10, 2 are players that have been in the YNT pool for a couple years already. 3 more of those have been attending NTC’s for a long time.

I’ve been able to watch this group closely over the past 4 years and the NorCal NTC’s have always had a good number of ECNL players. Additionally, there are always a few new faces in there. A large number of the strong players in the area have been able to attend NTC at least once.

Back