Turning Pro at 13

[

If the US keeps limiting academy soccer market to the high income families, other countries will catch up in 5 years. Women’s soccer is growing quickly all over the world.
Yep. But I think access is limited AND development is delayed for financial gain.

By 16 our top girls should be pro, in college, or doing some combination of the two.

The judge says she can try out and her local team has already said they would hire (it's in the court records). Will she get into active play in the league?

The judge says she can try out and her local team has already said they would hire (it's in the court records). Will she get into active play in the league?
Oops, the link I posted upthread about my kids friend doesn’t work. I’ve attached a screenshot and you can see that she only played 65 minutes. If you look at other teams, some of teens have more minutes and some have 0 minutes for the entire Clasura tournament.

I don’t think OM is putting Horan on the bench anytime soon. Maybe she can sub in for Horan at around minute 70 to start and get some minutes during the Olympics.

It’s time to fish or cut bait for OM. I wish her well.

Attachments

• 0A53D7C9-F13F-48E2-8F41-6A8D6DCF6F87.png
    0A53D7C9-F13F-48E2-8F41-6A8D6DCF6F87.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
Has any one had experience with IME / Conade from Mexico? It's a team based in Orange County that takes Mexican - US born player (Not Hispanic), and then play at the Conade tournament in Mexico. What I have been told it's similar to junior Olympics.

That's all fine and dandy, but is she actually going to take playing time away from the women that are currently on that roster? I'm honestly curious.

That's all fine and dandy, but is she actually going to take playing time away from the women that are currently on that roster? I'm honestly curious.
Your key word is "women". For example, the average age on Portland Thorns is 26.5 and the range is between 20-36. Now add the physical and athletic development. You now have a huge discrepancy just on this aspect along. Then add the experience of all these players which includes 7 with USWNT experience(which is vast), all with college and professional. She is years away from being a viable option.

Hard to tell, but 4 or 5 teams inquired about her availability after the first stay was issued. I would defer to the market here, which magically appeared after the stay was issued.

Women 2nd leagues are in the works and USL W is going to start up again

Thorns not in it so far but for young player's bridging the Gap and getting experience playing in games this could be a option for some just like it is for 16-19 men's in the various USL offers.

Women 2nd leagues are in the works and USL W is going to start up again

Thorns not in it so far but for young player's bridging the Gap and getting experience playing in games this could be a option for some just like it is for 16-19 men's in the various USL offers.
I initially got excited when I saw this. Not so excited now that it looks like this will be a summer league in direct competition with WPSL.

Am I missing something?

Your key word is "women". For example, the average age on Portland Thorns is 26.5 and the range is between 20-36. Now add the physical and athletic development. You now have a huge discrepancy just on this aspect along. Then add the experience of all these players which includes 7 with USWNT experience(which is vast), all with college and professional. She is years away from being a viable option.
That was my thought exactly.

That was my thought exactly.
I have never seen OM play in person but I am familiar with a few of the Mexican girls that she played against in the 2018 U15 CONCACAF championship. I think several of those Mexican girls have a comparable skillset (although Jaedyn Shaw is probably a little better) to OM. Those Mexican girls are struggling to get minutes in a supposedly inferior league ( Liga MX Femenil) and I have been informed that inferior/lower leagues are being established to correct the problem.

So if the Mexican girls can’t get minutes, how the hell is OM going to get meaningful minutes in the supposedly best women’s league in the world?

I have never seen OM play in person but I am familiar with a few of the Mexican girls that she played against in the 2018 U15 CONCACAF championship. I think several of those Mexican girls have a comparable skillset (although Jaedyn Shaw is probably a little better) to OM. Those Mexican girls are struggling to get minutes in a supposedly inferior league ( Liga MX Femenil) and I have been informed that inferior/lower leagues are being established to correct the problem.

So if the Mexican girls can’t get minutes, how the hell is OM going to get meaningful minutes in the supposedly best women’s league in the world?
Exactly! Going back to that game against Mexico. She was a invisible. They pulled her and in the second put in SC. Changed the game.

I suspect she will get some play time for marketing purposes. The club and league will get a lot of media attention if/when she plays.

Not if she does badly.
I have met OM and her dad a couple of times and seen her play a few times at the DA level down south. They were both quite pleasant. I'm rooting for her. She has incredible skills. However, how she deals with the speed and size at these higher levels is going to be really interesting to watch.

I have met OM and her dad a couple of times and seen her play a few times at the DA level down south. They were both quite pleasant. I'm rooting for her. She has incredible skills. However, how she deals with the speed and size at these higher levels is going to be really interesting to watch.
I am rooting for her too. Game recognizes game. My concern is that there are others just as good or better that are not being given equal opportunity. Why?

Back