Today in Fascism

S
Tesla actually makes and sells things and the validity of its stock price can be determined by classic investment analysis. Cryptocurrency inflated prices are just full of hot air.
So have you figured out what Ether and Cardano do yet? After all you are a self proclaimed cryptologist..

And speaking of hot air.. you definitely are the expert in that area.

Tesla actually makes and sells things and the validity of its stock price can be determined by classic investment analysis. Cryptocurrency inflated prices are just full of hot air.
Still nothing crypt keeper?

Ether, Cardano?

What about The Sand Box? Cronos? Polkadot?

And your "classic investment analysis "..has it ever been WRONG?

My clueless what?
The nature of the crypto-market is often compared to the course of the Tulip Mania during the Dutch Golden Age. However, there are some fundamental differences that invalidate this comparison.

Tulip Mania was a speculative price bubble in the Netherlands during the 1600s, hardly comparable to a world wide tech available to anyone. People flocked to buy futures contracts for tulips, sometimes even trading tulip bulbs up to 10x per day.

Merchants from all around Europe, not the world, flocked to buy up tulips. Prices skyrocketed in a period of days. The market then did what all markets do — it corrected itself. The necessary rebound was for everything to come crashing down.

People lost the equivalent of millions of dollars overnight, and the event was marked in history as a cautionary tale to those engaging in investments based on wild speculation.

Nowadays, tulip mania is compared to the droves of people who joined in on the crypto-craze. During the end of 2017, Google searches for terms “tulip mania” and “tulip fever” sky-rocketed towards the peak of the hype.

There are probably some historical inaccuracies about the extent of the Mania (most tulip traders were aristocrats and merchant-class, not common folk), but in any case, it is no longer a fair or interesting comparison to the world of crypto. It is misguided.

At the heights of the bubble in early 2018, it would have been safe to classify the phenomenon as a “mania.” But the dust has settled, and the blockchain industry continues to thrive. Those who continue to call it a speculative bubble today are missing the bigger picture. While there are still people who hope to get rich through crypto, many amateur crypto traders either lost money and quit, or have realized that crypto is a much longer-term game.

Before you see sustained growth, you need what one startup founder describes as the “1000 Flowers Blooming” stage of an industry. It implies there are many ideas, projects, and businesses that are required to jumpstart the whole ecosystem. After a while, most of the flowers are revealed to be weeds. But a few of them turn out to be roses, and those are the ones we hope to pick.

In the 1600s, the Tulip Mania was a small blip of economic hubris, but it was also an indicator of a huge emerging market for the Netherlands. Today, the Netherlands commands 50% of the $10 billion global market in cut flowers. In other words, bubbles are not an inherently bad thing — they are a necessary part of growth. From this perspective, the dot-com bust is also a fair comparison. It is reminiscent of Pets.com — the darling of the Internet boom. It failed but online pet stores have grown into one of the largest e-commerce sectors.

Be it Tulip Mania, internet IPOs or blockchain ICOs, throughout the 300-year history of organized financial markets, investors have found objects of speculative excess. Too much money is being thrown at fake or nonviable ICOs, but others will own their markets one day. I didn’t drink the Internet bubble kool-aid (maybe you did) but I bet you certainly would have liked to have sniffed those tulips!

The nature of the crypto-market is often compared to the course of the Tulip Mania during the Dutch Golden Age. However, there are some fundamental differences that invalidate this comparison.

Tulip Mania was a speculative price bubble in the Netherlands during the 1600s, hardly comparable to a world wide tech available to anyone. People flocked to buy futures contracts for tulips, sometimes even trading tulip bulbs up to 10x per day.

Merchants from all around Europe, not the world, flocked to buy up tulips. Prices skyrocketed in a period of days. The market then did what all markets do — it corrected itself. The necessary rebound was for everything to come crashing down.

People lost the equivalent of millions of dollars overnight, and the event was marked in history as a cautionary tale to those engaging in investments based on wild speculation.

Nowadays, tulip mania is compared to the droves of people who joined in on the crypto-craze. During the end of 2017, Google searches for terms “tulip mania” and “tulip fever” sky-rocketed towards the peak of the hype.

There are probably some historical inaccuracies about the extent of the Mania (most tulip traders were aristocrats and merchant-class, not common folk), but in any case, it is no longer a fair or interesting comparison to the world of crypto. It is misguided.

At the heights of the bubble in early 2018, it would have been safe to classify the phenomenon as a “mania.” But the dust has settled, and the blockchain industry continues to thrive. Those who continue to call it a speculative bubble today are missing the bigger picture. While there are still people who hope to get rich through crypto, many amateur crypto traders either lost money and quit, or have realized that crypto is a much longer-term game.

Before you see sustained growth, you need what one startup founder describes as the “1000 Flowers Blooming” stage of an industry. It implies there are many ideas, projects, and businesses that are required to jumpstart the whole ecosystem. After a while, most of the flowers are revealed to be weeds. But a few of them turn out to be roses, and those are the ones we hope to pick.

In the 1600s, the Tulip Mania was a small blip of economic hubris, but it was also an indicator of a huge emerging market for the Netherlands. Today, the Netherlands commands 50% of the $10 billion global market in cut flowers. In other words, bubbles are not an inherently bad thing — they are a necessary part of growth. From this perspective, the dot-com bust is also a fair comparison. It is reminiscent of Pets.com — the darling of the Internet boom. It failed but online pet stores have grown into one of the largest e-commerce sectors.

Be it Tulip Mania, internet IPOs or blockchain ICOs, throughout the 300-year history of organized financial markets, investors have found objects of speculative excess. Too much money is being thrown at fake or nonviable ICOs, but others will own their markets one day. I didn’t drink the Internet bubble kool-aid (maybe you did) but I bet you certainly would have liked to have sniffed those tulips!

That article is over three years old.

Projecting again?
100%. Fear is the emotion that folks like Husker Du live off and use to gain the upper hand on the earth. Text book fear bangers. They look for and hope for chaos and crazy shootings. The biggest fear they have is Judgement Day and the big unknown when someone goes 6 feet under or get's cremated. I remember one time in my life where me and my pals F'd up big time and made a poor choice in Middle school days. My poor adopted mother thought I was an Angel sent from the Creator up to this point in my short life. On a side note Lion Eyes, my wife, before we were married, thought I had the special gift like Paul had in the Bible. She was in for a "big" surprise let me tell you.....lol!!! No pressure for a little kid to be told he was a sweet Angel sent from God and a when a man, he will be just like the Apostle Paul with gifts unlike any man before him. My wife thought I was so pure and perfect. I was set up to fail on this earth. Anyway, when my mum came to pick me up at the police station she had the saddest look on her face and was crying. She felt she did something wrong in her parenting and was actually blaming herself for my crime and yet was yelling at me at the same time for doing such a stupid thing. "How could you?" It was at this time she threaten me with Catholic High School. I told her I was the only one who told the truth when we got caught and I confessed to everything. Detective scared me straight to the truth and the whole truth, not no half lie to the cops asking tough questions. The cop came over to my mom and said that I was the most honest kid out all the one's who got caught and if I stay out of trouble, I will make it because I tell the truth, I kid you not :) My other friend lied his ass off to get out of trouble and lied some more and got off. He told me I better not tattle tail on him. He lived a life of crime after he turned 18 and ended up going to jail three times. Booze, some other craxy stuff I wrote share and DUIs, not good :(

Back