Surf - Play or Else

I bet that meal was amaaaaazing! Enjoy murdering people at Surf Cup!

How many people you think he has killed by taking away their only source of income to provide for their families as he dines over that amazing meal? How many committed suicide over it? How many stopped going to the hospital for their cancer treatment because they lost their job and benefits? I'm glad your life is miserable. You deserve every minute of your pathetic miserable existence. I can only hope that somehow someway you and I cross paths in person someday. That would be an incredibly satisfying moment in my life.

How many people you think he has killed by taking away their only source of income to provide for their families as he dines over that amazing meal? How many committed suicide over it? How many stopped going to the hospital for their cancer treatment because they lost their job and benefits? I'm glad your life is miserable. You deserve every minute of your pathetic miserable existence. I can only hope that somehow someway you and I cross paths in person someday. That would be an incredibly satisfying moment in my life.
That's simply not part of the political equation in CA, or NY for that matter.

Small business, even medium size business isn't part of the "reset" for places like CA. They would rather depend on the guvment and big boy business to carry the state.

Playing soccer out of state is the least of CA's worry. Did a drive by today of SSC while out and about - nice to see soccer being played. Not to crowded. Looks like Surf and the City of Scottsdale are limiting # of bodies on the sidelines but sure.

Some kids don't have the time to play catch up. What if your kid is a sophomore, junior or senior? I am not talking about U littles
Two separate topics.

Your post brought up our kids falling behind in competitive level. This is what I responded to - ultimately the players with the best attributes are the ones who will play beyond HS. Losing some training during the pandemic versus other kids will not change this.

Now, this post is bringing up another point. For the olders (lets say Juniors and Seniors), if they get rusty and fall back a little - they won't have time to catch back up and therefore won't be recruited (versus the olders who didn't have as much of a pandemic break.)

The kids in these age groups were sophomores and juniors before the shutdown in March last year. For the ones that you mention (D1), they were all certainly identified and in most cases already being actively recruited. They are all of an age grade now that allows them to talk directly to these coaches.

If a coach wanted a player pre-pandemic - some rust coming out of the break won't change this.

What could be changing is the recruiting cycle in general as the coaches sort out how the extra year players will effect their overall numbers. But this is unrelated to your comment about competitive advantage...this would apply to kids from all around the country, not just CA.

Two separate topics.

Your post brought up our kids falling behind in competitive level. This is what I responded to - ultimately the players with the best attributes are the ones who will play beyond HS. Losing some training during the pandemic versus other kids will not change this.

Now, this post is bringing up another point. For the olders (lets say Juniors and Seniors), if they get rusty and fall back a little - they won't have time to catch back up and therefore won't be recruited (versus the olders who didn't have as much of a pandemic break.)

The kids in these age groups were sophomores and juniors before the shutdown in March last year. For the ones that you mention (D1), they were all certainly identified and in most cases already being actively recruited. They are all of an age grade now that allows them to talk directly to these coaches.

If a coach wanted a player pre-pandemic - some rust coming out of the break won't change this.

What could be changing is the recruiting cycle in general as the coaches sort out how the extra year players will effect their overall numbers. But this is unrelated to your comment about competitive advantage...this would apply to kids from all around the country, not just CA.
This is not accurate at all. If you had a kid this age you would understand. The coaches keep saying, we need to see you play again. And, those opportunities are so few and far between for a California kid. They are missing out on a lot. My kids team is this age and it has affected all of them. Sure the coaches know who they are and talk to them. But, they won't pull the trigger (and rightly so) until they see more from them.

Maybe a couple. A pittance compared to the lives saved. It is a pandemic. Not everyone can get what they want. You’re ok killing as many people as it takes so you can live vicariously through your child.

This is not accurate at all. If you had a kid this age you would understand. The coaches keep saying, we need to see you play again. And, those opportunities are so few and far between for a California kid. They are missing out on a lot. My kids team is this age and it has affected all of them. Sure the coaches know who they are and talk to them. But, they won't pull the trigger (and rightly so) until they see more from them.
Most coaches need do the wait & see what happens with Rona. The good in all this is that if your kid loves the game and wants to play after hs, then plenty of opportunities. Most of the top, top 2022s committed in 7th, 8th and 9th grade. I know a few that did the 6th grade deal :) Some kids were chatting before old rules also signed. Kids like my dd never emailed coaches and just started the process June 15th. My dd is building strategic relationships now. She did get one that wanted her to make quick decision only because she was identified by the coach as her top pick. I get that and it was nice feeling of being wanted but not the right school for her. The deal was beautiful. I keep telling everyone to be patient and the right place at the right time will come together. BTW, my dd all on her told me now she will pick a school where is she would still go if no soccer. That to me is very key for my dd. Winning is super important but her happiness is more important.

Most coaches need do the wait & see what happens with Rona. The good in all this is that if your kid loves the game and wants to play after hs, then plenty of opportunities. Most of the top, top 2022s committed in 7th, 8th and 9th grade. I know a few that did the 6th grade deal :) Some kids were chatting before old rules also signed. Kids like my dd never emailed coaches and just started the process June 15th. My dd is building strategic relationships now. She did get one that wanted her to make quick decision only because she was identified by the coach as her top pick. I get that and it was nice feeling of being wanted but not the right school for her. The deal was beautiful. I keep telling everyone to be patient and the right place at the right time will come together. BTW, my dd all on her told me now she will pick a school where is she would still go if no soccer. That to me is very key for my dd. Winning is super important but her happiness is more important.
We did the email coaches to come to showcases starting spring of Freshman year ( lots of coaches came to those games). Created a highlight reel to send when the pandemic hit. Then June 15th came after the sophomore year and started the direct contact. Emails had been sent to about 20 schools with 10 really interested in for schools if soccer didn't come into play (ranked 1-10). Built the relationships got some offers and some wanted to see more film. Had also visited the 10 schools would want to attend regardless of soccer. She and her coach put her into a good position.
Like I said before the Seniors are the ones that have been hurt by this, Juniors are still going to be fine unless you had your heart set on a specific school and they already have grabbed a handful of 2022 grads.

Just by going to another state for the express purpose of playing in a tournament you are violating the Regional Stay at Home Order and the CDPH Youth Sports guidelines. US Club Soccer has said you must abide by your local rules even if you leave the state, but has done nothing to enforce this. That was just a move to insulate themselves from liability. If you don't recognize the authority of the Health Department then I guess no rules are being violated in your opinion. The club and the coaches are engaging in potential ethical violations by violating the orders. They are picking and choosing what regulations to follow because they feel their business is being harmed by the rules. That's why it will be interesting to see if CDPH and the County Health Departments choose to enforce the rules that they put in place. They may be satisfied that only a few clubs decide to disregard the rules and travel out of state to watered down tournaments and do nothing. Will Norcal Premier or Cal South or any of the other governing bodies take action against the clubs?

The clubs that are going ( from CA) are telling the members that rules don't apply to them. My particular beef is with the clubs for taking advantage of the fact that other clubs are obeying the rules. Then they will say " look at us, we cared so much about the players that we went to out of state tournaments when other clubs didn't have the courage to help the players". The reality is that they have so little respect for the players and their families as well as the rest of the soccer community that they disregarded the rules that everyone else is being held to. It makes you wonder what ethical lines they will cross. In the end US Club Soccer has protected themselves Surf Sports has protected themselves by offering refunds to anyone that is prohibited from attending due to State or Local Mandates. The Counties have protected themselves by issuing mandates and the CDPH has protected the state by issuing their mandates. I wonder if any of the Covid Waivers the clubs had parents sign would even hold up due to the clubs violating the mandates. That leaves the clubs and the coaches exposed and gives the parents and players one place to turn in the event that something goes wrong.

In the end all that matters for now is that Arsenal beat Chelsea 3-1. There should be no arguing about that.

Mmm... not sure I agree it's unfair to other clubs. A lot, if not the vast majority, dropped within the last couple of weeks. Remember this has been drug out over the course of half a year. I don't find that unfair at all. And let's not pretend the counties have, or even should have, that much authority. Remember our amazing Governor and his aunt didn't think the rules applied to them. They're the gold standard.

I bet that meal was amaaaaazing! Enjoy murdering people at Surf Cup!

Do you find it ironic he blamed alcohol for his affair, went to rehab instead of confession and is now sitting there with lobbyists, breaking his own mandates, and drinking wine?

Maybe a couple. A pittance compared to the lives saved. It is a pandemic. Not everyone can get what they want. You’re ok killing as many people as it takes so you can live vicariously through your child.

So Gavin breaking the rules he's above somehow saved lives? What about the lives at that table? Do they matter?

Speaking of living vicariously through the lives of their child, which poster's child are YOU living vicariously through here?

Life is full of calculated risk. A good gambler plays the odds. Just like traveling in bad weather mingling in an pandemic tilts the odds away from you. Roll the dice or stay pat?

So you’ve discovered some proof? A scientific study that has been peer reviewed showing how Youth Outdoor Sports contributes to the Corona virus Deaths in any way more than going to the grocery store?

Didn’t think so.......

So you’ve discovered some proof? A scientific study that has been peer reviewed showing how Youth Outdoor Sports contributes to the Corona virus Deaths in any way more than going to the grocery store?

Didn’t think so.......

It is interesting that people like you are so dogged with your efforts to pretend that children magically appear on soccer fields in AZ and then magically transport themselves to their homes right after the games. Stupid soccer parents like yourselves refuse to understand where the real problem lies - the travel and their idiotic parents congregating, going out to bars and restaurants, and passing it among each other at hotels and in airports.

Why is it that you choose to be so willfully ignorant?

Life is full of calculated risk. A good gambler plays the odds. Just like traveling in bad weather mingling in an pandemic tilts the odds away from you. Roll the dice or stay pat?

This is a terrible analogy because you are gambling with the lives of others. Really, though, it’s not even gambling, you are directly contributing to the deaths of others. It is the American Way to completely disregard the welfare and lives of others. And for what? So you can live vicariously through your child. So pathetic.

Back