Solutions: what can we do to get CA to open up youth soccer?

Leaving California is like leaving an abusive relationship. While you are in it, you don't want to get out because you are too invested in it and are sure they can change and things can get magically better. When you've left, you wonder what took you so long.
Trust me, I would do it in a heartbeat. Not the first time for me across state lines. However, right now I'm too vested in my job among other things to leave.

Will see. Timeline is not unrealistic if the schools will in fact reopen on Sept 22nd.
Im shocked the teachers union agreed to open schools in 2 weeks. did all their demands get met? So police defunded and no charter schools allowed?

Whoa! Ok. I'm glad you think you know me? Call me an asshole if you want but I can feel empathy for all the young kids who will also miss out on this. Why do you always go so hard? You assume a lot of shit.

The truth hurts.

Why are you so flippant with the lives of other people? You’re ok with people dying so your kids can get some free candy? That’s not exactly empathetic. It’s more like the opposite of that.

Im shocked the teachers union agreed to open schools in 2 weeks. did all their demands get met? So police defunded and no charter schools allowed?
9/22 is the earliest date for OC, Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, and Placer school districts that do choose to open. Not every school district in those counties will opt for in-person school.

The truth hurts.

Why are you so flippant with the lives of other people? You’re ok with people dying so your kids can get some free candy? That’s not exactly empathetic. It’s more like the opposite of that.

Shouldn't you be outside of BevMo protesting all the future, drunk drivers? Or maybe taking them to court because the accessibility ramp doesn't meet code?

The truth hurts.

Well, in my next life I'll be sure to give some fucks. Or, even better-come back as you- the all knowing, morally superior, soccer Dad/Mom/It. It must suck to hate the world as much as you do. Kick any puppies lately?

Will see. Timeline is not unrealistic if the schools will in fact reopen on Sept 22nd.
Capo opening first week of October, hybrid, with the little ones starting first, then middle and high school starting a few days later about the same time I think.

Well, in my next life I'll be sure to give some fucks. Or, even better-come back as you- the all knowing, morally superior, soccer Dad/Mom/It. It must suck to hate the world as much as you do. Kick any puppies lately?

I love the world. That includes puppies, and also grandparents and people with comorbidities. Shoot, I even like the occasional candy bar, but not at the expense of human life. That’s not moral superiority. It’s just moral. So, are you ok killing people over some candy corn?

I love the world. That includes puppies, and also grandparents and people with comorbidities. Shoot, I even like the occasional candy bar, but not at the expense of human life. That’s not moral superiority. It’s just moral. So, are you ok killing people over some candy corn?
Nah, but maybe a snickers? Which by the way, you could use one. Happy to share? Promise not to give you the rona.

Sounds like this line of discussion is getting us closer to Solution to get CA open for youth soccer...which I think was title of this thread.

Well you shouldn’t drive either then cause driving leads to air pollution, which can cause cancer which kills more people annually than Covid has or will. What....their lives don’t matter?

Bottom line is this- everyone has their own ideas as to how we can get youth soccer to open. I think it's promising that schools are opening and that counties are moving from purple to red. Anything else is just a guess.

Well you shouldn’t drive either then cause driving leads to air pollution, which can cause cancer which kills more people annually than Covid has or will. What....their lives don’t matter?

You are absolutely right. I should stop driving until someone invents an electric car. Wouldn’t that be wild?

Gosh, I guess I also shouldn’t shoot my assault rifle indiscriminately at the mall for fun then. Or drive my electric car really fast down the boardwalk. I mean, it would be really irresponsible of me to do things that are so selfish and unnecessary just because it makes me feel good, especially when doing so puts lives in danger.

Back