Solutions: what can we do to get CA to open up youth soccer?

All red today in the great OC baby. Were on the mends. TY to all for working hard to do their best in some very hard times. My dd school said it looks like 9/22 is back to school. My dd is super happy and can't wait to see her friends.

Hybrid schedule?

Well that was the plan, but the State is now telling Marin County can't move to red. They will decide by Friday. Our kids were going to go 2 days a week, the rest remote. At this point I just want the air quality and heat to settle down so the kids can get some physical activity in.

No great solutions right now. As some have pointed out Youth Sports aren't mentioned in any part of the Governor's "reopening" plan (which is actually not a reopening plan, but a plan for fewer restrictions until there is a cure...WTF we don't have any thing resembling the cure for the seasonal flu). Newsom won't reopen youth sports due to the pressure it will put on him to fully reopen schools, which he can't do because of political pressure from the teachers's unions.

The counties have the most direct line to the governor, so the County Commissioners are the ones that need to put the most pressure on (like SD County). Unless you live in LA County then forget about it. Calsouth and the other youths sports organizations need to work together to at least get youth sports on the radar. It may not work but doing nothing is certainly not going to work. At least go down fighting. Contact your representatives in the County and the State.

No great solutions right now. As some have pointed out Youth Sports aren't mentioned in any part of the Governor's "reopening" plan (which is actually not a reopening plan, but a plan for fewer restrictions until there is a cure...WTF we don't have any thing resembling the cure for the seasonal flu). Newsom won't reopen youth sports due to the pressure it will put on him to fully reopen schools, which he can't do because of political pressure from the teachers's unions.

The counties have the most direct line to the governor, so the County Commissioners are the ones that need to put the most pressure on (like SD County). Unless you live in LA County then forget about it. Calsouth and the other youths sports organizations need to work together to at least get youth sports on the radar. It may not work but doing nothing is certainly not going to work. At least go down fighting. Contact your representatives in the County and the State.
It would be a perfect time for Cal South to step up as a governing body of youth soccer and show some cojones. However, I don't thing they have any.

It would be a perfect time for Cal South to step up as a governing body of youth soccer and show some cojones. However, I don't thing they have any.

Cal South has stepped up on the side of not killing people despite the enormous financial cost to itself. Granted, it’s a pretty easy position to take given that there are only a handful of nut jobs who think youth soccer, and bars, and going to Costco without a mask, are more important than human life.

I don't disagree with you that people do dumb shit-but, I just feel like the once again, the kids are taking the hit.

You are exactly right. You need to ask yourself whether you’re ok with killing people so your kids can get candy door to door instead of from the store. From your original post, it sounds like your answer is yes.

I don't disagree with you that people do dumb shit-but, I just feel like the once again, the kids are taking the hit.

... but rioting without masks is endorsed... because Criminal Lives Matter more than Halloween and soccer.

Maybe we could establish a similar "don't ask/don't tell policy" with trick-or-treat'ers. If someone gets The 'Rona, you're not allowed to ask if they're in possession of any costumes. Just go dusting for knuckle prints on neighborhood doors. Then maybe your DD could wear her cleats around the neighborhood and get the best of both worlds!

You are exactly right. You need to ask yourself whether you’re ok with killing people so your kids can get candy door to door instead of from the store. From your original post, it sounds like your answer is yes.
Whoa! Ok. I'm glad you think you know me? Call me an asshole if you want but I can feel empathy for all the young kids who will also miss out on this. Why do you always go so hard? You assume a lot of shit.

Will see. Timeline is not unrealistic if the schools will in fact reopen on Sept 22nd.
To play by Oct 31 teams will need to actually practice for a while. I am not aware of anything officially being allowed other than “distance practicing”.

Back