Say bye-bye-bye to Girls and Boys DA

Good question. I wonder if they have the numbers to support two ECNL teams in Boise? Seven isn't necessarily a bad number of teams as the MW had 6 in one division and 5 in another this season. SW could be two groups of 7 with Vegas (1 team) and 6 SoCal teams and AZ (2 teams) and 5 SoCal teams.
Your too smart for me man. Just getting my feet wet with ECNL! LOL

Yeah I agree with. Maybe too small to add a team in that area.

California-39.5- (19 teams)
Texas-29.0- (9 teams)
Florida-21.4-(6 teams)
New York- 19.4-(4 teams)
Pennsylvania-12.8-(4 teams)
Illinois-12.6-(3 teams)
Ohio-11.7-(3 teams)
Georgia-10.6- (5 teams)
North Carolina-10.4- (6 teams)
Michigan-10.0-(3 teams)
New Jersey-8.8-(4 teams)
Virginia-8.5-(5 teams)
Washington-7.6-(5 teams)
Arizona- 7.2-(2 teams)
Massachusetts-7.0-(3 teams)
Tennessee- 6.8-(2 teams)
Indiana- 6.7-(2 teams)
Missouri-6.1-(1 team)
Maryland- 6.0-(3 teams)
Wisconsin-5.8-(1 team)
Colorado-5.8-(4 teams)
Minnesota- 5.6-(1 team)
South Carolina-5.1-(2 teams)
Alabama- 4.9-(1 team)
Kentucky-4.4-(1 team)
Oregon-4.2-(3 teams)
Oklahoma-3.9-(2 teams)
Connecticut- 3.6-(2 teams)
Utah-3.2-(2 teams)
Nevada-3.1-(1 team)
Kansas-2.9-(1 team)
Nebraska-1.9-(1 team)
Idaho- 1.7-(1 team)

Might be hard to add another team to Idaho.

H
8,8,7 in NW works. Or add one in CO to make 8,8,8. Play within group to start the season, then play outside your group once you can match similar level teams.
How would this work in ECNL? (Referring to your last sentence...match similar level teams). I know ECNL does this in showcases but never heard of it in league play. What are you thoughts on how this would look?

Why are they "vultures"? If the ECNL clubs closed down would the DA clubs be vultures? Is GOOGLE or Goldman Sachs a vulture for recruiting the best and brightest?
I guess I am thinking of one club in particular. The teams were still in tact, until...The players weren't out looking until the vulture showed up? It doesn't matter, who knows if there will even be a full season ahead. Doubtful.

I guess I am thinking of one club in particular. The teams were still in tact, until...The players weren't out looking until the vulture showed up? It doesn't matter, who knows if there will even be a full season ahead. Doubtful.

If the players were happy and felt their current situation was better than any alternatives (distance, cost, coach, teammates, competition, etc.) they would have just swatted away any flirtations.
Happens all the time.

If the players felt the new opportunity would be more likely to help them fulfill their goals or needs (again... distance, cost, coach, teammates, competition, etc.), can't blame them for exploring it.
Also happens all the time.

Welcome to high level youth soccer.

H

How would this work in ECNL? (Referring to your last sentence...match similar level teams). I know ECNL does this in showcases but never heard of it in league play. What are you thoughts on how this would look?
easier if it is 8 teams in each.

early, play each of the other 7 teams.

Later, the top 2 teams per division play the top 2 in the other divisions. 3 and 4 play 3 and 4 in the other divisions. And so on all the way down.

Gives you an 11 game season, and relatively few long distance mismatches.

easier if it is 8 teams in each.

early, play each of the other 7 teams.

Later, the top 2 teams per division play the top 2 in the other divisions. 3 and 4 play 3 and 4 in the other divisions. And so on all the way down.

Gives you an 11 game season, and relatively few long distance mismatches.

You may have some difficulty scheduling fields for those last matches, unless all games are played at one or two dedicated locations all season.

You may have some difficulty scheduling fields for those last matches, unless all games are played at one or two dedicated locations all season.
Dedicated locations for the last 4 are enough. The first 7 can be at normal home fields.

The other option is, at the start of the season, you know the dates and the home teams for the last 4 games. You fill in the away teams later. This causes some byes.

Dedicated locations for the last 4 are enough. The first 7 can be at normal home fields.

The other option is, at the start of the season, you know the dates and the home teams for the last 4 games. You fill in the away teams later. This causes some byes.

Unless two of those "home teams" end up having to play each other.

Back