Say bye-bye-bye to Girls and Boys DA

easier if it is 8 teams in each.

early, play each of the other 7 teams.

Later, the top 2 teams per division play the top 2 in the other divisions. 3 and 4 play 3 and 4 in the other divisions. And so on all the way down.

Gives you an 11 game season, and relatively few long distance mismatches.
You may have some difficulty scheduling fields for those last matches, unless all games are played at one or two dedicated locations all season.

Ok. I could be completed looking at this the wrong way. But Wouldn’t this increase cost for the clubs. Say Your U14 teams is ranked #1 so they are the home team and play in one location. But your U16 team is ranked 4 so it has to go to another location- could be in AZ or NV. So now the clubs have to send teams to two/three/four different locations. And since the coaches can coach multiple teams, it could be a scheduling nightmare. This is the same issue with relegating/promotion by age group not by club.

Or maybe I am missing something. I would love to see relegation /promotion but I think logistics could be hard especially in other divisions where they are so spread out.

Ok. I could be completed looking at this the wrong way. But Wouldn’t this increase cost for the clubs. Say Your U14 teams is ranked #1 so they are the home team and play in one location. But your U16 team is ranked 4 so it has to go to another location- could be in AZ or NV. So now the clubs have to send teams to two/three/four different locations. And since the coaches can coach multiple teams, it could be a scheduling nightmare. This is the same issue with relegating/promotion by age group not by club.

Or maybe I am missing something. I would love to see relegation /promotion but I think logistics could be hard especially in other divisions where they are so spread out.

The only travel are the last 4 games. First 7 are within division.

Example for last 4 games,
Weekend 1: Mountain hosts Norcal at Real Colorado. ( Pac NW bye)
Weekend 2: PacNW hosts Mountain at Seattle. ( Norcal bye)
Weekend 3: Norcal hosts Pac NW at San Juan. (Mountain bye)

So, the weekend your U14 are away playing Mountain #1 and #2, your U16 are away playing Mountain #3 and #4.

Grand total of 2 plane flights per team, except for Mountain. Both times, all teams to the same city. The big limit is you need 3 cities that can handle an 80 game weekend, once a year.

ok. Got it it. But how does this work if you are the only team in your state....Like the ID and NV teams? You still have to travel to just play within your division.

ok. Got it it. But how does this work if you are the only team in your state....Like the ID and NV teams? You still have to travel to just play within your division. And the CA teams would have to travel twice (once to AZ and once to NV for the or
If you want to play ECNL from Boise, you fly.

Nothing I can do about that.

I agree. Thank goodness We don’t live in ID. however, I keep reading that the SW division CA teams don’t want to travel to AZ and NV at all. In your example, they would still have to travel 2 times even before “the last 4 games”.

so how is this different than How the league is set up currently?

And what if AZ hosted the last “4 games” because they are the only place that could handle the 80 teams.... would CA teams be ok traveling 6 times?

I agree. Thank goodness We don’t live in ID. however, I keep reading that the SW division CA teams don’t want to travel to AZ and NV at all. In your example, they would still have to travel 2 times even before “the last 4 games”.

so how is this different than How the league is set up currently?

And what if AZ hosted the last “4 games” because they are the only place that could handle the 80 teams.... would CA teams be ok traveling 6 times?

40 games a day is not that big. Smaller than most tournaments. You need about 7 high school fields to do it. Plenty of cities have at least 7 high school fields.

It is different because the travel games would be similar strength opponents. The top team in mountain wouldn't have to fly to play the worst team in norcal. And vice versa.

40 games a day is not that big. Smaller than most tournaments. You need about 7 high school fields to do it. Plenty of cities have at least 7 high school fields.

It is different because the travel games would be similar strength opponents. The top team in mountain wouldn't have to fly to play the worst team in norcal. And vice versa.

that would be really hard for college coaches to come watch 80 games at 7 different high schools in one weekend. Why not leave it the way it is and they can come watch the showcase and National Championships at one location. Because in the end, the goal is to get noticed. I think the reason college coaches love ECNL is they make it easy and convenient for them to scout!

Thanks for the debate!!!

that would be really hard for college coaches to come watch 80 games at 7 different high schools in one weekend. Why not leave it the way it is and they can come watch the showcase and National Championships at one location. Because in the end, the goal is to get noticed. I think the reason college coaches love ECNL is they make it easy and convenient for them to scout!

Thanks for the debate!!!
I was just trying to think of a way to fix the league schedule. Not really trying to replace showcases.

My kid is too young for ECNL. A lot about the older kids system that I dont get.

Have a good night.

Good luck with your
I was just trying to think of a way to fix the league schedule. Not really trying to replace showcases.

My kid is too young for ECNL. A lot about the older kids system that I dont get.

Have a good night.
good

Have a good night.
Good luck with your daughter. My daughter is going to be a jr and ECNL has been an amazing experience. She is getting a ton of exposure. Hate to see such a great platform change.

Have a good night.

Club Hopper Patrol Parents "CHiPPs"

Let me first say that it has been an honor to play "CHiPPs" with all you parents,TMs and parents who think their a GM and a coach all in one. CHiPPs are here to keep an eye on everyone's whereabouts and see if one is trying to leave one soccer family for another. I was hated by most CHiPPers and a few others because my dd got offered freebies by 6 of the top socal clubs every year for about three years. Gee, I wonder why? Score goals and it's free I guess :) I really have a better understanding of why you guys do what you do on here. Socal Girls Soccer is one big recruiting game and my little "Rocket" was highly sought after. Let just state the facts. Like i said before, club hopping will be at an all time high this year. ECNL is the top league and folks are looking for a spot. SoCal Highway Patrol Cop Parents are on here to check on the hoppers and where some might hop too. We hopped into a great family and no more hopping for us thank the Lord. My friend dd is looking for a new family to hop too as well and will be hopping around looking for the best environment at an a affordable cost. Most can;t follow a coach either in today's soccer arena. Where is the next soccer hopper going they ask? Big time players looking to find a new family. I won;t share what I know :) BTW, no more GOAT phrase for this dad. It really should be left to the greatest of all time in girls soccer and you can only have one of those I guess. My dd is actually an out of control rocket that is being programmed as we speak to take off some day :) Big can be a problem today in soccer. No real development was going on here folks, let's be real :( ECNL was/is all about taking the top "Elite" athletes and make them "Elite" soccer players to be recruited by all the colleges. A great service to pay for in today's ever changing soccer market. This forum is filled with "CHiPPers." Have some skills that thrill, then you too can be a world class soccer player just like all the world class athletes. Speed? No need for that anymore if you can juggle.....lol!!!! Watch this video of the theme song of CHiPs and just imagine all the TMs and important board members cruising around socal forum looking to see whose trying to leave and club hop. If you score goals or stop them and leave one team, watch out for the hate and name calling. It's about time to start looking at other soccer dealerships. Some places can';t offer what they used too.......I'm out!!!!

Last edited:
@Ellejustus: I take it your CHIPPer narrative is meant to be a lighthearted, non-sensical riff on...stuff... in general. Cause’ I turned it upside down, looked at it with my eyes squinted, tried reading it with one eye covered, but still couldn’t make sense if it! ;)

If the players were happy and felt their current situation was better than any alternatives (distance, cost, coach, teammates, competition, etc.) they would have just swatted away any flirtations.
Happens all the time.

If the players felt the new opportunity would be more likely to help them fulfill their goals or needs (again... distance, cost, coach, teammates, competition, etc.), can't blame them for exploring it.
Also happens all the time.

Welcome to high level youth soccer.
It may all be irrelevant anyway.

@Ellejustus: I take it your CHIPPer narrative is meant to be a lighthearted, non-sensical riff on...stuff... in general. Cause’ I turned it upside down, looked at it with my eyes squinted, tried reading it with one eye covered, but still couldn’t make sense if it! ;)
Always lighthearted bro. Life is too short and scary to take things serious anymore. I'm already on borrowed time and so grateful that I get to breath another day. I'm a playful, happy puppy that just needs attention, a few hugs and food and I'm all good :)

Last edited:
I say "Go for it"! Go out and work, party, don't wear a mask, go visit family, have street parties, yes definitely do it. :)

Just think about the money we’ll save on Medicare after we kill off the old folks!
Always lighthearted bro. Life is too short and scary to take things serious anymore. I'm already on borrowed time and so grateful that I get to breath another day. I'm a playful, happy puppy that just needs attention, a few hugs and food and I'm all good :)

New meds I take it?

Technically, you’ll take chances with other people’s lives, since you are almost certainly a low risk of dying from it. You have decided that your privacy and that of others is more important than the lives of many old people and some others who get coronavirus.
yes. my liberty is more important. where have you been with the flu every year. you know who dies from it? the same people that are dying from this. if you are s are stay home

Two reasons it won't work is because Korea population is way smaller than the US and the US and Korea are very different culturally. Americans are so against wearing masks while in Korea before covid they all had masks and wore them. Plus, Americans are so against allowing government intervention as stated by Jose. I mean we are the only country to protest and ignore all social distancing protocols that the rest of the world is following (Orange County), even though we have examples (Italy and NY) of what happens to health systems if it spreads too fast. We do need to open up eventually and we will but I think people are just getting impatient and it is understandable. Just because something works in another country does not mean it will work here.
flatten the curve to find a cure. you got got. there will be no cure anytime soon. most people recover. 50% are from nursing facilities so protect them.

Back