Say bye-bye-bye to Girls and Boys DA

dreamz

SILVER ELITE
Announcement should be coming in the next few days. Girls DA and Boys DA. Gone.

I suppose one interpretation of the link is it's a poorly worded termination of the 2019-2020 season.
It also could be the huge news it more likely seems to be.
If true, I assume the MLS clubs figured out how to do their own boys Academy league, and all other boy and girl clubs and teams are looking for new league homes?

If it's true I'm not surprised. With all the issues at US Soccer I've been anticipating they would get out of the youth game this year, or at least drastically scale back (i.e. U16 and older only) and refocus resources where they are more needed. I'm sure the COVID situation made it that much easier to pull the trigger. And as a parent of a DA player, happy to go back to Flight 1 soccer with hopefully less travel.

If it's true I'm not surprised. With all the issues at US Soccer I've been anticipating they would get out of the youth game this year, or at least drastically scale back (i.e. U16 and older only) and refocus resources where they are more needed. I'm sure the COVID situation made it that much easier to pull the trigger. And as a parent of a DA player, happy to go back to Flight 1 soccer with hopefully less travel.
It will be interesting to see what they do with the age change? I heard a rumor they are going back to the old age too. Anyone with a different rumor? Amazing that it took a virus to wake everyone up. Look at how those top youth girl soccer players were being treated with that dude in power up in Canada. I told everyone on here this was a mess. The fact is, were all one big mess. Clean yourselves up first and then come out when the coast is clear and help the rest of us make soccer better for all. Soccer for all!!!! For the top, top players, the top players, the average players and the rec player who might just become the next Alex Morgan some day. We need the girls to love this game, not hate it like some do when they turn 16. I'm not here to point fingers anymore. I have had many Pms asking me for some help. Please feel free to hit me. Be patient, more news is coming.......

If this is true it isn't a shock. US Soccer is a shit show. Trying to jack ECNL for their product was dumb. They were doing fine just benefiting from it with little investment. Also having most of the top teams and players at one spot was very productive. If you look at the young up and coming players for US Soccer aged 18 and up they mostly played ECNL. Consolidation is good for elite sports.

If this is true it isn't a shock. US Soccer is a shit show. Trying to jack ECNL for their product was dumb. They were doing fine just benefiting from it with little investment. Also having most of the top teams and players at one spot was very productive. If you look at the young up and coming players for US Soccer aged 18 and up they mostly played ECNL. Consolidation is good for elite sports.
It sucked to if you were a parent and player caught in the middle of the war that started in 2016 for the class of 2021 and 2022s. This was quite a ride maps. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. I see young girls finally being treated fair and as young ladies should be treated. I'm not perfect and God only knows I have much more to learn about the female. The two at my house do a great job teaching me, trust me. Good luck to your player

If its true, I don't follow the rationale on the boys side for the MLS teams. With the opening up of training fees when selling on players, boys DA could be a lucrative revenue stream, plus developing your own players is cheaper than having to buy. They (MLS) also need a funnel system or at least a development system which has a high level of play to help them scout. For US Soccer to abandon DA on the boys side … well they might as well just resign on mass as they are clearly giving up on any long term plan for the USMNT.

As far as GDA vs ECNL, there was never that much wrong with ECNL that US Soccer couldn't have worked with ECNL to resolve IMV. Their heavy handed approach was stupid from the start. Assuming GDA goes away, we'll end up with a worse situation than before as both have become watered down and now you'll have clubs out of GDA, but better than most ECNL teams, looking in. On the bright side the 4 day mandatory, no HS and play time restrictions go away … my biggest complaints on GDA.

IMV, ECNL would be best served to take the moral high road, take all the GDA teams, but split into 2 divisions, with clear promotion/relegation for teams (not clubs), and also with clear criteria for clubs to retain status. The top divisions would have the best teams (not clubs) from ECNL/GDA and ditto for the second. That would solve the 2-team clubs also. Very unlikely it'll ever happen though I'd imagine.

GDA was going to be done sooner or later with the way it was being managed, but this was much sooner than most anticipated. USWNT lawsuit was the nail in the coffin. I’m baffled how bad the USSF handled that situation. Now they have no choice but get rid of the youth league to offset 40-60 million that will cost them

Stick a fork in the DA.......What I don't understand is comments saying the ECNL should accept everyone......no chance in in hell that happens......if the product is watered down with so many top teams why on earth would ECNL take all the teams and create a 200 team mess (GDA and eCNL both had around 100....they should take the SD big gun and maybe one big gun in the South Bay and Norco and call it a day......the other kids can either try and get on the current and accepted teams and commit to travel, or play flight one if they don't make the grade.....

I would tell ECNL to be very humble right about now. We don;t need chest pump high moment. We need a top ECNL travel league (few and far in between) and one Regional league. Everyone gets a top team and a regional team (two teams). Inter club movement is welcomed. So each age group could have around 30 players. If they go with Blues A team and Blues B team, that will just suck. Or take Real CO, two teams equal. No bueno and I won;t fly for A team game Sat and B team game Sunday. That's a problem. Less is better for the travel team league, imv.

Stick a fork in the DA.......What I don't understand is comments saying the ECNL should accept everyone......no chance in in hell that happens......if the product is watered down with so many top teams why on earth would ECNL take all the teams and create a 200 team mess (GDA and eCNL both had around 100....they should take the SD big gun and maybe one big gun in the South Bay and Norco and call it a day......the other kids can either try and get on the current and accepted teams and commit to travel, or play flight one if they don't make the grade.....

I think there are 101 ECNL clubs counting the announced defections for next year. GDA has 50-60 depending on the age group (some clubs don’t field teams at all age groups).

No way ECNL goes to 160, nor should they.

Back