• LA without day camp guidance

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • OTH under day camp guidance

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • OTH without day camp guidance

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • ALL No dates have be given

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Tournament or full game play in July or August.

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And yet just down the road, Sea World is open.

They can try and distinguish Sea World Calling it a "zoo". San Diego is in the red and doesn't draw from LA County. And it's "Disneyland". When this thing started remember Disney tried to get a special exemption for Disneyland on crowd exemptions and there was that push back. The problem is Disney is an icon everyone can point to in making their argument. The visuals are horrible too. Hence the foot dragging.

They can try and distinguish Sea World Calling it a "zoo". San Diego is in the red and doesn't draw from LA County. And it's "Disneyland". When this thing started remember Disney tried to get a special exemption for Disneyland on crowd exemptions and there was that push back. The problem is Disney is an icon everyone can point to in making their argument. The visuals are horrible too. Hence the foot dragging.
Sea World is "open" kinda. There are a lot of attractions that aren't. I believe the SD Zoo and Safari Park are open as well.

I was a GT or PK Ripper rider. But, I always wanted a Haro race bike.

Addendum: My brother built a half pipe in our backyard. We had everyone over on boards or bikes. The chaos and injuries. But, no parent ever said a word.

Only word my parents said was "well that's gonna hurt for a while". Getting hurt at your buddy's was a way of life... Had a few GT's and always liked the Rippers, But my favorite was the Redline with flights and Skyway's....

The problem with Disneyland is that once you go there it's the whole ball of wax. You'd have a hard time telling people they can send their kid to Disneyland, but not to school or outdoor sports. You'd have a hard time telling the outdoor arenas they can't even open at half capacity. You'd have a hard time arguing to the churches they can't reopen at full capacity. You remove any justification for keeping the playgrounds closed.

California already saw that with the nail salon industry....if you open hair salons it's really hard to say no to the nail salons. What's worse is that everyone knows viruses tranmit at Disneyland due to the measles outbreak there. And we also know from Disney fan behavior over Labor Day in Downtown Disney that they will congregate.

So what's happening here is that California is caught between a rock and a hard place, with places like Anaheim screaming to open it up, but places like La County screaming to keep it closed (Universal would be next and they know the knives will be out for the schools to be open...remember La County isn't even giving elementary schools waivers). Think of the visuals: kids frolicking at Disneyland (which even in lower capacity can get congested at spots) then images of schools closed.
Max pressure campaign; sad it has to get to this level/pleading.

Remember when Haro was the thing? I was always a GT guy or dreamed of owning one cause it was a local company and Gary Turner and his brother lived there when I was a kid but never got to own one my parents wouldn't hook me up I had a Schwinn bmx but put some sick CW handle bars on it and cruised around like the poser I am. Now I got a free agent cruiser I hop the city curbs on.

Mongoose vs. Red Line

My neighbor has had a bicycle left in the driveway, with a "FREE" sign on it, for over 3 weeks now. Fucking kids won't even steal it. Probably don't know what it is.
Ride and die on my Mongoose. I have 4 bikes in my garage for my kids that haven't been ridden in months. Growing up I stayed on my bike til the street lights came on. Its all about Tiktok these days!

Remember when Haro was the thing? I was always a GT guy or dreamed of owning one cause it was a local company and Gary Turner and his brother lived there when I was a kid but never got to own one my parents wouldn't hook me up I had a Schwinn bmx but put some sick CW handle bars on it and cruised around like the poser I am. Now I got a free agent cruiser I hop the city curbs on.
Picked up an electric bike. Love doing 30 mph.

yep, but every club is doing it, SD or otherwise. There are few left who is doing it by the book, but less and less, and less.......
As I've mentioned we lost 3 girls from last season. Two aren't playing this year at all. One of the reasons given by the girl that switched teams was that we weren't ramping up fast enough. So off to the big club in our area.

As I've mentioned we lost 3 girls from last season. Two aren't playing this year at all. One of the reasons given by the girl that switched teams was that we weren't ramping up fast enough. So off to the big club in our area.
yep, here you go

At least they were honest but man that is so short sighted by that family...... sorry it happened to your team and in the long run you'll be stronger with a team of families who "get it"....... all of this said man does Calif need to allow full soccer activity already :)

I know you don't have the answer, nobody does. But you seem to be one of the more informed and realistic posters on here, so my question is what do you think the chances are that US Club sanctioned leagues will be playing around Thanksgiving? Here in SoCal (ECNL and ECRL specifically) just your best educated guess. Thanks @lafalafa

Predicting the future is a tricky business... some of the more efluent leagues may see October participation for Socal on the away circuits or in other states. Some limited facilities are giving out or close to permitting later October tentative play dates.

For teams that are fortunate to have their away schedule at fields that are open out of state or a some of the limited open play fields in certain counties they might get some or more games in for the fall.

The haves, not, or very few games could be a sticky point among teams in a league group: X has 6 games, YZ have 1-2 or none until later dates kind of deal, W has a full slate of 8 because there out of state.

Back