President Joe Biden

b). I don’t know the re-infection rates well enough to say for sure. I’m not sure anyone does. The Louisiana and Arizona curves make me suspect second infections are kind of common. Both states show multiple peaks, a few months apart. That’s exactly what I’d expect if recovered people can still transmit once their immunity weakens. If second infections are common, then a post-covid dinner party is still a bad idea.

a). if everyone attending has been vaccinated, it’s probably safer. That one has at least been studied more thoroughly. Out of politeness, I’d still say that able bodied people should still socialize outside with the rest of us, even if they have been vaccinated. I don’t was to see compliance fall because those with early vaccines start setting a bad example.

Is it possible for AZ's second spike to be caused by snowbirds? Looks timely to me. They usually show up around OCT. They don't come alone, many bring immediate family for a short while. Snow birds of all colors - Upper Midwest, Midwest, Plains states. Their kids and grandkids help them move in, stay a week or so, play golf, eat out on patios, eat inside, etc....then they leave.

AZ is now trending down. In terms of ICU capacity, the second wave didn't impact any differently than the 1st wave - ICU bed capacity hovered between 90-92%. The big difference between the two was the many procedures were cancelled during the summer surge. this time around hospitals didn't cut as many procedures. They were able to manage. Razor thin margins with staffing but they have seemed to pull it off.

"In executive order signed by Joe Biden last week may force Americans to fully fund programs in San Francisco and other cities that provide housing for the homeless.
San Francisco reportedly spends between $15 million to $18 million per month to house more than 2,200 people in about 25 lodging establishments--some of them luxury hotels."

Now if SF wants to put them up in hotels have at it. The rest of us shouldn't have to pay for it.
By the way look at the monthly spend and the estimated people they are paying for.

Lets just use 16.5 mil a month or 198 million a year is what SF is spending. Based on 2200 people that breaks down to 90k per person.

That sounds rather inefficient no?

Pelosis HR1 would federalize federal election rules and restrict what the states could do. No signatures for absentee ballot, no voter id, ballot harvesting ok. If this happens (doubt it will) the rs will walk away from elections as being legitimate. Tucker has a piece on this tonight.

It’s the rubicon.

Pelosis HR1 would federalize federal election rules and restrict what the states could do. No signatures for absentee ballot, no voter id, ballot harvesting ok. If this happens (doubt it will) the rs will walk away from elections as being legitimate. Tucker has a piece on this tonight.

It’s the rubicon.
No more war analogies for politics, please.

Using that kind of language is irresponsible. It is unfortunate, but some people actually take it literally. Three weeks ago, political war analogies killed six people.

Dial it way back. This is not war. No rubicon was crossed. It is not time to fight. These are not cartridge box questions.

It is time for civilized adults to act like civilized adults.

Using that kind of language is irresponsible. It is unfortunate, but some people actually take it literally. Three weeks ago, political war analogies killed six people.

Dial it way back. This is not war. No rubicon was crossed. It is not time to fight. These are not cartridge box questions.

Not trying to inflame here. I disagree with the bill, but it's the bill itself which is doing the inflaming. It will shatter any R confidence in the election system. If we don't have confidence in the election system, where does it go from there? Sounds to me like you are making a prediction as well and connecting that logical loop.

My message is simple: if HR1 were to pass it would destroy whatever confidence the Rs have left in the election system.

It’s the rubicon.

This one?

"To expand Americans’ access to the ballot box, reduce the influence of big money in politics, strengthen ethics rules for public servants, and implement other anti-corruption measures for the purpose of fortifying our democracy, and for other purposes."

Do you think Tucker has read it?

This one?

"To expand Americans’ access to the ballot box, reduce the influence of big money in politics, strengthen ethics rules for public servants, and implement other anti-corruption measures for the purpose of fortifying our democracy, and for other purposes."

Do you think Tucker has read it?

Yes he has. It's the most dangerous piece of legislation yet written and if passed (it won't) it will end the Republic. Predictive, not advocacy.

The analogy fails because in Caesar's time crossing the Rubicin with an army was one of the acts defined as treason. The wingnuts haze already committed that crime when they crossed the "Rubicon" at the gates of the Capitol.

Yes he has. It's the most dangerous piece of legislation yet written and if passed (it won't) it will end the Republic. Predictive, not advocacy.

I can see why the Republicans fear it -- it fights back against the Citizen's United big-money atrocity and sets up uniform redistricting panels in every state.

Not trying to inflame here. I disagree with the bill, but it's the bill itself which is doing the inflaming. It will shatter any R confidence in the election system. If we don't have confidence in the election system, where does it go from there? Sounds to me like you are making a prediction as well and connecting that logical loop.

My message is simple: if HR1 were to pass it would destroy whatever confidence the Rs have left in the election system.
Nope. The war analogy was yours. You did the inflaming.

Stop it. No more "civil war is coming" garbage.

Time to act like an adult.

Nonsense.

Nope. The war analogy was yours. You did the inflaming.

Stop it. No more "civil war is coming" garbage.

Time to act like an adult.

You really don't like hearing the bad news, huh? You gonna put your head in the sand on this too like you did with California's restrictions and masks will contain COVID?

Yeah, it's coming if things continue the way they've been going. You think a mob seizing the Capitol would have convinced you of the seriousness of the situation, not to mention the ongoing military presence in Washington.

They said the same thing about the people who warned WWII was coming. "Oh no, that Hitler's a nice man. He just wants to unite all the Germans in one country. Nothing more will happen when he takes Austria."

Time to grow up and face the reality, or a nasty surprise will be lurking for you a couple years down the road.

I can see why the Republicans fear it -- it fights back against the Citizen's United big-money atrocity and sets up uniform redistricting panels in every state.

It also makes everywhere pretty much Pennsylvania in the last elections....

The irony of Citizen's United, BTW, is that big money is now on the D's side. Who could have seen that coming, huh?

You really don't like hearing the bad news, huh? You gonna put your head in the sand on this too like you did with California's restrictions and masks will contain COVID?

Yeah, it's coming if things continue the way they've been going. You think a mob seizing the Capitol would have convinced you of the seriousness of the situation, not to mention the ongoing military presence in Washington.

They said the same thing about the people who warned WWII was coming. "Oh no, that Hitler's a nice man. He just wants to unite all the Germans in one country. Nothing more will happen when he takes Austria."

Time to grow up and face the reality, or a nasty surprise will be lurking for you a couple years down the road.
Arguing against a bad law is fine.

Can you do that without call to arms? No Hitler references, no military analogies, no warnings that we all will be sent to re-education camps.

Just a calm explanation why this law or that law is a bad idea.

You know, discussing ideas like adults.

Arguing against a bad law is fine.

Can you do that without call to arms? No Hitler references, no military analogies, no warnings that we all will be sent to re-education camps.

Just a calm explanation why this law or that law is a bad idea.

You know, discussing ideas like adults.

Why is your impetus always to censor? You really have a tyrannical streak in you.

I'm not calling anybody to arms. I'm warning about a very dangerous situation (the same way I did before the Capitol and COVID BTW).

Why is it you always have a tendency to get nasty whenever you hear something you really don't like? Most of the time you are really mellow, cool and I love your opinions, but then you get in this mode and it's bad dad again. "LALALALA....I don't want to hear it......LALALALA.....don't say it."

Adults, BTW, don't tell other adults how to say things because they think they know better.

Coocoo.

You're really outdoing yourself tonight.

It also makes everywhere pretty much Pennsylvania in the last elections....

The irony of Citizen's United, BTW, is that big money is now on the D's side. Who could have seen that coming, huh?

You will have to explain the Pennsylvania reference -- we can't read your mind.

Unregulated big money in politics is an atrocity either way.

Back