President Joe Biden

DC police reporting 14 officers hurt....1 seriously injured after being assaulted by protestors, 1 with serious facial injuries.

3 deaths in the event (they didn't say who) due to medical emergency.

1 person shot and killed.

It was really hard to tell from the video, for sure. What was confusing was that there was another video floating around of a maga protester boasting he "shot a woman" and a fellow protester asked "is she dead"? So maybe it was "friendly" fire? Should be interesting to see how it plays out.
I was sent another video that shows an interview with kid from NJ who said he was one of a group of people who was trying to pull her back through the window. He clearly states that it was either secret service or capitol police that opened fire after warning her to not come close. Eye witness statements will always vary. It's easy to check who fired their service weapon.

The Confederacy won! Y’all must be so proud!View attachment 9873
Man, I can feel how worked up you are - please go away while adults are trying to have a conversation. Close the door, draw your shades tight and revel in yourself. But, I know you won't do it, instead you'll turn to the bonus page in your playbook and work yourself up some more. I should put you on ignore but then I'd miss all of your repetitive and amusing rhetoric.

Some prominent D voices are calling for Trump's removal or an article 25 removal. His most recent tweet inflaming things is encouraging them.

Facebook is taking down the earlier Trump statement.

Hawley-Cruz in an impossible position...if they continue their protest they'll be condemned for giving this outrageous act validation. If they drop it, they will be signing the death warrant of the Republican Party. Even former President Bush weighed in.

Lot's of lines being crossed. I said weeks ago the republic is not in a good place and said stuff like this might happen, and we aren't even to the inauguration yet. The Republic is not in a good place.
The overwhelming majority of us are right where we want to be, it’s the crybabies that are unstable and upset.

I was sent another video that shows an interview with kid from NJ who said he was one of a group of people who was trying to pull her back through the window. He clearly states that it was either secret service or capitol police that opened fire after warning her to not come close. Eye witness statements will always vary. It's easy to check who fired their service weapon.
I'm just now seeing that too- dude with a blue sweatshirt?

If you want to see the video I was talking about, it's on Twitter, FBI tagged and all.

No matter whose side you're (you're meaning the US, not anyone on the thread,) on, I don't think (most people) wanted this to happen. Shame on anyone who is celebrating it from either side.

Man, I can feel how worked up you are - please go away while adults are trying to have a conversation. Close the door, draw your shades tight and revel in yourself. But, I know you won't do it, instead you'll turn to the bonus page in your playbook and work yourself up some more. I should put you on ignore but then I'd miss all of your repetitive and amusing rhetoric.

Always happy to entertain. FYI, it isn’t possible to have an adult conversation with a magat.

trump is trump, nothing else.

No...the Roman Republic didn't end because of Caesar (it could have been Pompei or Brutus). And after Caesar was killed there was Octavian (and Anthony). Just because Caesar is gone doesn't mean the Republic is safe. We have a problem that's bigger than him....the complete collapse of our civic institutions, spurred on by the pandemic, and now culminating in elections and the occupation of the Capitol itself. If the leadership ignores it, we will all regret it. To thread this requires a leader of considerable character and ability....Biden will need to be more than Cicero.

This will be remembered as a dark dark day for our Republic. My fear is, short of strong intelligent leadership (including in the short term from Mike Pence), it's only the beginning.

No...the Roman Republic didn't end because of Caesar (it could have been Pompei or Brutus). And after Caesar was killed there was Octavian. Just because Caesar is gone doesn't mean the Republic is safe. We have a problem that's bigger than him....the complete collapse of our civic institutions, spurred on by the pandemic, and now culminating in elections and the occupation of the Capitol itself. If the leadership ignores it, we will all regret it. To thread this requires a leader of considerable character and ability....Biden will need to be more than Cicero.

This will be remembered as a dark dark day for our Republic. My fear is, short of strong intelligent leadership (including in the short term from Mike Pence), it's only the beginning.

Mike Pence a leader? That’s funny. He needs to ask “mother” for permission to leave the house.

No...the Roman Republic didn't end because of Caesar (it could have been Pompei or Brutus). And after Caesar was killed there was Octavian (and Anthony). Just because Caesar is gone doesn't mean the Republic is safe. We have a problem that's bigger than him....the complete collapse of our civic institutions, spurred on by the pandemic, and now culminating in elections and the occupation of the Capitol itself. If the leadership ignores it, we will all regret it. To thread this requires a leader of considerable character and ability....Biden will need to be more than Cicero.

Roman empire is not a good analogy, Caesar in effect made himself Emperor (or Caesar), when it had been ruled by the senate. It was hundreds of years before it finally expired (the Eastern Empire being last after it split).

I don't think Trump is really that big a deal. McCarthy caused untold damage for a brief period of time, was rejected, got dejected and died shortly thereafter. I don't think Trump's spawn can carry on without him, they've never had to do anything to get ahead except hang onto T's coat tails. He's going to huff and puff and blow himself up - this is the worst that could have happened to him at this moment losing him most Rs in Congress, with losing GA on his watch too. He's a busted flush.

The R's were written off in 2008 when Obama swept to power and the D's took both houses ... that lasted all of 2 years.

Roman empire is not a good analogy, Caesar in effect made himself Emperor (or Caesar), when it had been ruled by the senate. It was hundreds of years before it finally expired (the Eastern Empire being last after it split).

I don't think Trump is really that big a deal. McCarthy caused untold damage for a brief period of time, was rejected, got dejected and died shortly thereafter. I don't think Trump's spawn can carry on without him, they've never had to do anything to get ahead except hang onto T's coat tails. He's going to huff and puff and blow himself up - this is the worst that could have happened to him at this moment losing him most Rs in Congress, with losing GA on his watch too. He's a busted flush.

The R's were written off in 2008 when Obama swept to power and the D's took both houses ... that lasted all of 2 years.

Respectfully disagree. Trump is a symptom, not just a cause. If it were just him, we could get through it easily. But our other civic institutions have never been weaker. McCarthy was at a period where the Republic (despite WWII and depression and cold war) was still robust. But we've trashed our other civic institutions, culminating now with trust in elections. The Roman Republic fell not because of Caesar but because of institutional weakness which had crept in over decades.

In an attempt at some levity after today, how many of us forgot about COVID for the day?!?

I did not. In fact, I posted earlier that today’s death toll exceeded 4,000 for the first time.

Thank god for the tangerine tantrum tosser’s twitter timeout, at least.

Just great....to end the day the Ds and the Rs on the house floor almost end in a fist fight. If you guys think this is just about Trump, you are kidding yourselves. The rot runs deep.

I agree with your post but the city didn't exactly handle the BLM protests well. Remember the protestors did storm the White House grounds and burned down that church outside it....federal law enforcement had to be called in. After the Trump speech, Republicans leaving the speech were attacked by the leftist protestors. And the mayor encouraged the protests.....law enforcement was present and certain city blocks (like the Capitol grounds) were barricaded, but they were also under orders to not interfere with the protests and in fairness some of the Rs were victims of that violence. Then again a few weeks ago there was violence on the streets with the right and left attacking each other.
I think the city intentionally handled the BLM protests with kiddie gloves. White House outer perimeter was certainly stressed but never breached. Plenty of resources available. Secret Service plays by a different set of rules when it comes to the protection/defense of the White House. They don't always get it right though (plenty of examples of White House perimeter breaches).

Just great....to end the day the Ds and the Rs on the house floor almost end in a fist fight. If you guys think this is just about Trump, you are kidding yourselves. The rot runs deep.

This is how magats try to make themselves feel better that they’re all s**tbags. They and their marmalade master can’t do anything but whine that they lost the election due to utter incompetence and maliciousness, make up lies about why they lost and support a coup, and them they try to “bothsides” their abysmal behavior simple because actual patriots don’t put up with it.

Yes, your magat leaders deserved to get punched in the face. Many of them deserve a firing squad in fact. There is only one party that is trying to overthrow democratic government.

Your magat buddies/mob/terrortists storm the US Capitol and you’re whining that some democrats are upset with the douches and seditionists who caused it to happen. Says a lot about your kind.

I was just saying trump will trump no matter what glorious virtues his cult project upon him and then extol him for. He is in it for himself like always. And yes, dark day with more to come. These gullible QAnon followers will not go quietly into the night. I still believe "Q" is Putin's brainchild.

In an attempt at some levity after today, how many of us forgot about COVID for the day?!?
Not in the least someone I know just died from it. At first I knew no one that had it. That list is now two dozen and growing quicker each day. The hypocrisy of trump supporters is astounding.

Back