President Joe Biden

Sorry Crush. You're ranting and I'm going to put you on block for little bit. Hope you have a nice day.
You started the thread. Truth hurts and most people just say I'm ranting, crazy dad who thinks his dd got ripped off a few years ago. 2017 was a sh*t show for my personal life. I know I wasnt Tenacious enough to cheat to survive and not look like a fool to my so called friends. I lost everything and now I'm back to help those who have lost everything. No rainy day fund could cover all this BS. Let's work together? Go ahead and ignore me on your thread of our new soon to be Elected-President. Dont go away now. This is going to get insane. Cheaters always kick back when they get caught. CHEATERS WILL NEVER PROSPER IN THIS COUNTRY AGAIN!!!!!

No one is mourning the Air BnB hosts who have already been wiped out. There is going to be more pain for the renters, the landlords, the banks. But of course markets grow and contract. Risk is never far away. This is how it is and how it's always been here. In the end this capital first approach has given us some of the highest living standards in the world and made ours the most powerful nation.

The better banks, the better businesses will all make it out of this. And new better business will grow to replace those that went bankrupt. That's how capitalism works.

There are 4 possible futures here: 1) people relax as the Rona quickly goes away due to a smooth vaccination rollout (after a rocky start) and people who have been hording vacation, car and home money begin to spend leading to an era of good feelings and Joe Biden is hailed as the savior of a nation now that the fever dream of Trump has broken, 2) the underlying fundamentals of the economy are unsound despite larger companies such as Amazon doing well and when controls get released (which they must eventually) a long and sustained (but hopefully shallow) recession follows which the world can't pull out of quickly due to the bullets being spent in government policy and the worldwide effects, 3) people begin to relax and spend like crazy and at first Biden is given a lot of credit and is able to unify the country, but soon the effects of printing money and QE begin to devalue our standard of living, inflation begins to be seen again, and a great income disparity causes stress between the winners and losers, or 4) worst case: stagflation combination of 2 & 3 (hey...at least maybe disco music is poised to make a come back???)

There are 4 possible futures here: 1) people relax as the Rona quickly goes away due to a smooth vaccination rollout (after a rocky start) and people who have been hording vacation, car and home money begin to spend leading to an era of good feelings and Joe Biden is hailed as the savior of a nation now that the fever dream of Trump has broken, 2) the underlying fundamentals of the economy are unsound despite larger companies such as Amazon doing well and when controls get released (which they must eventually) a long and sustained (but hopefully shallow) recession follows which the world can't pull out of quickly due to the bullets being spent in government policy and the worldwide effects, 3) people begin to relax and spend like crazy and at first Biden is given a lot of credit and is able to unify the country, but soon the effects of printing money and QE begin to devalue our standard of living, inflation begins to be seen again, and a great income disparity causes stress between the winners and losers, or 4) worst case: stagflation combination of 2 & 3 (hey...at least maybe disco music is poised to make a come back???)

See I would break it into two outcomes. American consumers keep spending or they don’t. The businesses, the politicians, the reporters... they are all replaceable. Especially in a market economy. But if consumers lose confidence then there is going to be trouble.

This is why I think the idea of giving people a “credit holiday’ for what happens during the pandemic when it comes to their credit scores. Access to the cheap 1% credit market is going to be vital to keeping consumers confident enough to spend.

Just my two cents.

See I would break it into two outcomes. American consumers keep spending or they don’t. The businesses, the politicians, the reporters... they are all replaceable. Especially in a market economy. But if consumers lose confidence then there is going to be trouble.

This is why I think the idea of giving people a “credit holiday’ for what happens during the pandemic when it comes to their credit scores. Access to the cheap 1% credit market is going to be vital to keeping consumers confident enough to spend.

Just my two cents.
All we get is your two cents worth? Where is the other 98%? Holding back on all of us, huh? Come on, that's it? I waited all day for two pennies? Get real and tell it like you mean it. 2% of what you think is weak btw!!!!

I think it could be any of these. I worry about both commercial and residential real estate. Commercial because I can't stand empty, broken down buildings everywhere, and residential because we absolutely will see a price correction- there is no way around it. I think the market is being propped up with a false sense of security right now. That bottom has to fall out. Hopefully not as severely as it did during what... 2011? But with all the people set to lose their rent/mortgage forgiveness, it's bound to happen. And for the average working class individidual has been surving on UE, how do you pull out of that hole if you lose the roof over your head?

I think it could be any of these. I worry about both commercial and residential real estate. Commercial because I can't stand empty, broken down buildings everywhere, and residential because we absolutely will see a price correction- there is no way around it. I think the market is being propped up with a false sense of security right now. That bottom has to fall out. Hopefully not as severely as it did during what... 2011? But with all the people set to lose their rent/mortgage forgiveness, it's bound to happen. And for the average working class individidual has been surving on UE, how do you pull out of that hole if you lose the roof over your head?

Yeah, I'm agonizing over this because I've got to make a call in a couple day one way or another. But I agree with you....I'm leaning into it's not going to good......the securities and bitcoin market bubbles are what's worrying me.

Yeah, I'm agonizing over this because I've got to make a call in a couple day one way or another. But I agree with you....I'm leaning into it's not going to good......the securities and bitcoin market bubbles are what's worrying me.

4) has become more likely....I'd expect the Ds to use reconciliation for another stimulus bill.

Given what's happening at the capitol (and what's been happening with law enforcement in DC leading up to this), I expect this is also the moment the right's blanket alignment with the police ends. I expect law enforcement to be pressured to pick sides going forward, or get stuck in the middle between the 2 groups.

Not taking sides between them, but Mitch's takedown of Trump on the Senate floor today is epic. "We cannot keep drifting apart into 2 separate tribes"....that's the fundamental defining line between the establishment and the Trumpists. Mitch though doesn't realize we've already crossed that line and he's just mourning over a corpse. After this and after Georgia, it's open warfare in the Republican party between the establishment and Trumpists....while I'm not saying it's likely, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Republican party dissolve.

Something which I read that I think will ring true. Both Trump and the opposition made the mistake of thinking it was all about Trump. Trump wasn't the river...Trump was the dam.

Biden is going to follow the corporatist playbook. Listen to the big money and adjust policy as such. Big money is currently migrating into climate change infrastructure and genomics. Expect legislation to mirror where the corporations want their money to grow. Small businesses and the working class have NO say.

Same game, nothing has changed. Leftists were used as tools to usher the establishment back into power, and the patriots had momentary freedom to create temporarily successful small businesses under Trump. The fun is over...back to stratification.

Senate occupied. They are trying to break into a barricaded House. Reports of shots fired near the House. Right now armed law enforcement (Guards?) being filmed entering Capitol with ARs.

There are unconfirmed reports that Trump has refused to grant the request of the DC Mayor to deploy the National Guard. Ds are saying a coup is underway. Trump did call upon the protestors to remain peaceful over twitter.

There are unconfirmed reports that Trump has refused to grant the request of the DC Mayor to deploy the National Guard. Ds are saying a coup is underway. Trump did call upon the protestors to remain peaceful over twitter.
Disturbing, sad, not sure there are adequate words. Trump needs to tell these nut jobs to go home at a minimum. A Twitter message to be peaceful is far from acceptable.

Protestors brought tear gas & flash bangs which they deployed against the police. Suspect devices (pipes with wires) found in the Capitol building ... hardly a MacGyvre figure or two whipping them up on the fly.

This is clearly a planned event. Its not a stretch to start talking insurrection and sedition.

Trump stoked the pot earlier.

What's his legacy in 4 brief years?
- lost the presidency
- lost the House
- lost the Senate
- mobs attacking police
- capitol building "invaded"
- Republican party ... in the shitter

This is a very sad day for America.

These people should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

SECDEF approved 2 days ago. POTUS, even as the CINC, has little say so over such an activation. DC Mayor and Capitol Police both made requests. Has taken some time to allocate resources, mobilize, plan, etc. Poor planning on everyone's part. Multiple agencies now involved. DC is a complex place to operate and unity of command is tough, especially with the egos involved.

They'll eventually get their act together and establish a clear boundary, We will see what the reaction is from the "mob" is. That will drive everything. Besides, the National Guard troops will not be armed and have no authority to make arrests. They'll be there to "protect" property and as traffic control.

Back