President Joe Biden

Some prominent D voices are calling for Trump's removal or an article 25 removal. His most recent tweet inflaming things is encouraging them.

Facebook is taking down the earlier Trump statement.

Hawley-Cruz in an impossible position...if they continue their protest they'll be condemned for giving this outrageous act validation. If they drop it, they will be signing the death warrant of the Republican Party. Even former President Bush weighed in.

Lot's of lines being crossed. I said weeks ago the republic is not in a good place and said stuff like this might happen, and we aren't even to the inauguration yet. The Republic is not in a good place.

Some prominent D voices are calling for Trump's removal or an article 25 removal. His most recent tweet inflaming things is encouraging them.

Hawley-Cruz in an impossible position...if they continue their protest they'll be condemned for giving this outrageous act validation. If they drop it, they will be signing the death warrant of the Republican Party. Even former President Bush weighed in.

Lot's of lines being crossed. I said weeks ago the republic is not in a good place and said stuff like this might happen, and we aren't even to the inauguration yet. The Republic is not in a good place.
It is time for a Republican movement to remove him.

I don't think there are enough willing to do it. You'd need something like 20 Senators and support from leadership. At the moment, you can count 2. (Sasse and Romney)

A shame. The GOP needs to out from under Trump's thumb, and a rushed January impeachment would do it.

It is time for a Republican movement to remove him.

I don't think there are enough willing to do it. You'd need something like 20 Senators and support from leadership. At the moment, you can count 2. (Sasse and Romney)

A shame. The GOP needs to out from under Trump's thumb, and a rushed January impeachment would do it.

It would be another escalation and they'd be signing their own party's death certificate. As Georgia showed, you can't win without both sides of the R Party (at least as long as the Ds remain unified, which they will so long as Joe Biden holds the presidency....afterwards all bets are off). There was a 5% drop in MAGA turnaround...between that and the loss of R votes in the suburbs, it's enough to turn Georgia blue.

I also point out this wouldn't have happened (wouldn't have been possible) but for the lack of condemnation of the riots in the spring/summer....remember Chris Cuomo: "since when are protests supposed to be polite and peaceful?"

Twitter now deleting Trump. Another escalation. The left wing of the Ds are calling for (and passing around a resolution) for the expulsion from Congress of any member that continues to object to the election results. Won't happen but it's another escalation.

Hawley-Cruz have put themselves in that "impossible" position by trying to make some political hay out of this with an eye to 2024. They deserve whatever they get out of it, which is hopefully the end of any presidential aspirations and removal whenever they are up again.

How did the R's ever think it would end well with T? They could have curtailed him from the beginning, but thought they could use him. This was all pretty predictable and certainly more and more so up to the election, when T continually asserted that he could only lose if the Ds cheated and then obv. the toddler tantrums since that the Rs should have shut down at a national level and not thrown their own people in places like Georgia under the bus. Their own behavior just cost them Georgia and the Senate.

It would be another escalation and they'd be signing their own party's death certificate. As Georgia showed, you can't win without both sides of the R Party (at least as long as the Ds remain unified, which they will so long as Joe Biden holds the presidency....afterwards all bets are off). There was a 5% drop in MAGA turnaround...between that and the loss of R votes in the suburbs, it's enough to turn Georgia blue.

I also point out this wouldn't have happened (wouldn't have been possible) but for the lack of condemnation of the riots in the spring/summer....remember Chris Cuomo: "since when are protests supposed to be polite and peaceful?"

Twitter now deleting Trump. Another escalation. The left wing of the Ds are calling for (and passing around a resolution) for the expulsion from Congress of any member that continues to object to the election results. Won't happen but it's another escalation.
I agree that the kid gloves approach to BLM iconoclasm helped get us here.

That said, most of us are tired of it and want leaders to help us find a way out. That means decent people need to take a big step towards the middle, as Biden, Sasse, Romney, and Warnock have done.

I don't care if Warnock is far more liberal than I am. He knew we needed a conciliatory moment, and he is trying to give us one.

Far better than those on the fringes who see a fire and reach for the gasoline.

I agree that the kid gloves approach to BLM iconoclasm helped get us here.

That said, most of us are tired of it and want leaders to help us find a way out. That means decent people need to take a big step towards the middle, as Biden, Sasse, Romney, and Warnock have done.

I don't care if Warnock is far more liberal than I am. He knew we needed a conciliatory moment, and he is trying to give us one.

Far better than those on the fringes who see a fire and reach for the gasoline.

That would have been possible but for the pandemic (but then quite probably Trump would have been reelected). The pandemic (and the debate around policies) however has made that pretty much impossible since neither side really is prepared to compromise on that. The difficulty as well is we have totally torched our civic institutions: health experts, governors, press, pollsters, churches, courts, professional sports, Hollywood, the tech industry, the banks, the police and law enforcement (including CIA and federal agencies), teachers. The only one capable of doing that is Biden, and frankly I'm not sure he has it in him.

Hawley-Cruz have put themselves in that "impossible" position by trying to make some political hay out of this with an eye to 2024. They deserve whatever they get out of it, which is hopefully the end of any presidential aspirations and removal whenever they are up again.

How did the R's ever think it would end well with T? They could have curtailed him from the beginning, but thought they could use him. This was all pretty predictable and certainly more and more so up to the election, when T continually asserted that he could only lose if the Ds cheated and then obv. the toddler tantrums since that the Rs should have shut down at a national level and not thrown their own people in places like Georgia under the bus. Their own behavior just cost them Georgia and the Senate.

The polls are pretty clear that Trump lost Georgia because the suburban leaning Rs left the Republican Party. The Senators lost Georgia because the MAGA vote dropped 5%. Again, the CW on this is wrong....it's not REALLY about Trump...the anger and frustration on both extremes doesn't deep down having anything to do with him.....the CW thinks Trump is the river......he's not......he's the dam.

There is a video circulating on Twitter of the woman who was killed. She tried climbing through a window they had busted and got sniped by (what seems to be,) an officer. Why she thought breaking through a window into the White House was a good idea- who tf knows.

The polls are pretty clear that Trump lost Georgia because the suburban leaning Rs left the Republican Party. The Senators lost Georgia because the MAGA vote dropped 5%. Again, the CW on this is wrong....it's not REALLY about Trump...the anger and frustration on both extremes doesn't deep down having anything to do with him.....the CW thinks Trump is the river......he's not......he's the dam.
The 5% is selective though. Using the presidential #s as the base, about 500K fewer people voted which was split pretty evenly between those who voted D vs R last time. So sure, if those MAGAs had come out, then fine ... but if the people who voted for Biden last time all came out, then they still lose. Both GA senators jumped on the T train, which GA had just narrowly rejected, now they are gone too.

Don't tell T it's not about him, his head will explode.

There is a video circulating on Twitter of the woman who was killed. She tried climbing through a window they had busted and got sniped by (what seems to be,) an officer. Why she thought breaking through a window into the White House was a good idea- who tf knows.
Not the WH obv. but yeah - I'm astounded that the police didn't let lose when they started to break in.

Not the WH obv. but yeah - I'm astounded that the police didn't let lose when they started to break in.
Your last sentence seems to be the million dollar question all over Twitter right now. How it got as far as it did. The scarier thing is that not only our allies were watching, (releasing statements, etc,) but so were our enemies. 2021 is looking like 2020's angrier, uglier, step sibling.

The 5% is selective though. Using the presidential #s as the base, about 500K fewer people voted which was split pretty evenly between those who voted D vs R last time. So sure, if those MAGAs had come out, then fine ... but if the people who voted for Biden last time all came out, then they still lose. Both GA senators jumped on the T train, which GA had just narrowly rejected, now they are gone too.

Don't tell T it's not about him, his head will explode.

Perdue almost won November outright.

lost of people almost won in Nov, but didn't.

You miss the point. Something shifted between November-January. That was: 1) the behavior of the President probably stopped the suburban establishment lean Rs who "are tired of it" from changing their mind and supporting the Rs, and 2) some of the MAGA voters stayed home.

Your last sentence seems to be the million dollar question all over Twitter right now. How it got as far as it did. The scarier thing is that not only our allies were watching, (releasing statements, etc,) but so were our enemies. 2021 is looking like 2020's angrier, uglier, step sibling.
yeah,

BLM march in Washington - Capitol steps

1609984162172.png

MAGAs storm Capitol steps were empty and we end up with this

1609984191089.png

You miss the point. Something shifted between November-January. That was: 1) the behavior of the President probably stopped the suburban establishment lean Rs who "are tired of it" from changing their mind and supporting the Rs, and 2) some of the MAGA voters stayed home.
Not really, I just made the point that some 500K less people voted vs the presidential election. I accept that MAGA may have reduced by 5% as they are in that 500K, but they are not the whole 500K, i.e. plenty of others who voted for Biden stayed at home. It seems pretty clear that plenty of lean R's switch sides because of T. We knew that since Nov, and both senators doubled down with T and both lost.

The R challenge now is how do they keep the MAGA vote and get the moderate Rs back. The latter won't vote for MAGA candidates (it seems) in state wide elections - see AZ also where Rs were fine locally but have now lost both senate seats and the pres race.

The R & D challenge is how do they change their primary processes to stop the extremes hijacking their parties. The majority of Americans are centrist IMV, some lean right and some left, but the majority are not extreme right or left. The primary process is screwing up functioning government.

Back