Ponderable

Lets start by outlawing public employee unions.

I'll agree that a lot of the employee contracts have been managed as give-a-ways used for shoring up votes. But I also know that the American middle class is disappearing, so I'm not interested in supporting union busting or attacks on labor when it comes to first steps.

Bad leadership is the problem. We've got a corrupt system, where corrupt politicians are making bad deals that put their own interests first. And tax payers are left holding the bag. Getting rid of the unions isn't going to fix any of this.

I'll agree that a lot of the employee contracts have been managed as give-a-ways used for shoring up votes. But I also know that the American middle class is disappearing, so I'm not interested in supporting union busting or attacks on labor when it comes to first steps.

Bad leadership is the problem. We've got a corrupt system, where corrupt politicians are making bad deals that put their own interests first. And tax payers are left holding the bag. Getting rid of the unions isn't going to fix any of this.

Getting rid of " Public " Unions would just about solve the problem....!

The footwashing of " Hero's " who are just employees doesn't make the
belly up over promised California Pension plans look like something
other than a financial carrot to US taxpayers who are funding these
over promised money pits....

When you have Business Owners ( Very Successful I might add ) making
half of what these " Employees " of the State are making upon retirement....
you have what I call an upside down world.....It's NOT supposed to work

like that....

When you have retired LEO and FIRE " Employee's " able to pool their

collective retirements and form their OWN communities......you have
what I call an upside down world....It's NOT supposed to work like that....

When cities pay out 65 - 75 % of there TOTAL budget on LEO and FIRE....
( That's just a percentage of the Cities/Business employees.. )
you have got a massive problem that WILL NOT GO AWAY without
restructuring.....

No business that I have EVER run can survive on those kinds of percentages...

Not one.....!

That is only apart of it.

How about YOU dig into that BIG FAT Union Pension Plan of YOURS and distribute
30 % of it to ALL of the Illegals and Homeless within a 30 mile radius of your
residence.....Now that would be a " Noble " DEMOCRAT move...

Go on....Git to the Bank...!

Yur " Buddy " Gov Gavin Gruesome is shovelin shit as I type this....and he is
shovelin fast and hard.....!!

How about YOU dig into that BIG FAT Union Pension Plan of YOURS and distribute
30 % of it to ALL of the Illegals and Homeless within a 30 mile radius of your
residence.....Now that would be a " Noble " DEMOCRAT move...

Go on....Git to the Bank...!

Yur " Buddy " Gov Gavin Gruesome is shovelin shit as I type this....and he is
shovelin fast and hard.....!!

And no video of the Gov actually saying this or leaked official government documents- it was all somehow magically uncovered by some guy on the internet? How strange.

California’s State and Local Liabilities Total $1.5 Trillion
By Marc Joffe and Edward Ring
January 3, 2019
We estimate that California’s total state and local government debt as of June 30, 2017 totaled just over $1.5 trillion. That total includes all outstanding bonds, loans, and other long-term liabilities, along with the officially reported unfunded liability for other post-employment benefits (primarily retiree healthcare), as well as unfunded pension liabilities.
This represents a rise of about $200 billion – or 15% – over our last debt analysis, in January 2017.
Our findings may appear to contradict reports that suggest a state budget surplus of about $9 billion. But the state’s spare cash and rainy day funds pale before the mountain of long-term liabilities that California governments at all levels have accumulated. Moreover, if the stock market drops, personal income tax and capital gains tax revenue will decline precipitously, wiping out these surpluses.
Our analysis differs from government reporting in a few ways, the most significant of which is governments’ use of a very generous expected rate of return on their pension fund investments. Using a more accurate rate, we calculate the total of unfunded pensions in California at $846 billion – $530 billion more than the official estimate of $316 billion. But even using only the officially reported estimates, California’s state and local governments are about $1.0 trillion in debt.
entire article:

Public Policy Institute of California
Informing and improving public policy through independent, objective, nonpartisan research

• Nearly one in nine Californians is a member of a public pension program.
    More than 4.6 million Californians are members of state and local pension plans, according to the State Controller’s Office. Most members (76%) belong to the state systems: the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS), the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS), and the University of California pension system. The remaining members belong to more than 100 local, special district, and other pension plans.
  • California’s largest public pensions have significant unfunded liabilities.
    The largest funds at CalPERS and CalSTRS have reported gaps of more than $138.9 billion and $107.3 billion, respectively, between their estimated obligations to retirees and the current value of their assets. Since 2008, these unfunded liabilities have grown by more than $103 billion for CalPERS and $84 billion for CalSTRS. In 2016, 70% of California’s public pension liabilities were covered by assets, ranking 26th in the nation. Among other large states, New York ranked 4th (91%), Florida ranked 13th (79%), and Texas ranked 19th (73%).
California’s local governments are especially affected by volatility in pension costs.
At least half of the employer contributions to state retirement systems in California come from local governments, which have smaller budgets and fewer ways to generate revenue when faced with higher pension costs. For example, pension contributions in Stockton rose from $6.8 million in 2002 to $41.5 million in 2017. One estimate suggests city pension costs will nearly double and reach up to 16% of general fund budgets by 2024–25.

entire article:

California’s pension debt cannot be ignored
By JOE NATION |
PUBLISHED: September 24, 2019 at 11:22 a.m. | UPDATED: September 24, 2019 at 11:22 a.m.
A decade ago, at Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s request, I supervised a graduate student team that performed a comprehensive analysis of public pensions in California.

The goal was to calculate California’s pension debt, the difference between assets and liabilities.

The team’s conclusions: the unfunded liability was over $500 billion—seven times the number officially reported. That was in 2008.

The student team recommended several actions to lawmakers and pension managers. Almost all were ignored.

Over time, it has become clear that the students’ analysis was spot on. Public pension debt doubled to more than $1.052 trillion in 2017, the last year of complete data.

Based on recently-reported public pension assets and estimated liabilities, that figure is now more than $1.109 trillion, an increase of $56 billion. That translates into $81,300 of pension debt per California household.

There are arguments about whether the students use of what economists would call a “market basis” to measure pension debt is too conservative. In short, a market basis uses accepted economic and finance principles to estimate liabilities.

But even figures reported by California’s pension systems on a more optimist “actuarial” basis produces the same trendline. Debt per household today is almost $22,800, compared with less than $8,000 when students submitted their work in 2010.

What is remarkable about this trend is that pension debt has continued to climb even as the stock market has soared.

The S&P 500 index, about 800 in early 2010, is now over 3,000. And yet over the last decade, public pension funded ratios, measured by assets divided by liabilities, have moved up only slightly.

The funded ratio for California Public Employees’ Retirement System’s Public Employees’ Retirement Fund was 60.8% in 2009. Now, it’s an estimated 72.6%.

This, unfortunately, isn’t the most alarming news.

No one knows if or when a recession will hit the global or U.S. economies, but we are due. Another Great Recession-like downturn in the U.S. stock market could push California’s public pension system assets from $918 billion today to just over $700 billion.

The average funded ratio for all public pensions in California would fall from 75% to 56.4% on an actuarial basis, meaning pensions would have just over 50 cents for every dollar in obligations.

Remember that this is the optimistic scenario.

The average funded ratio on a market basis would fall from 45.7% today to 34.4%, or 34 cents on every dollar owed.

Pension debt would climb from $311 billion today to $543 billion on an actuarial basis. On a market basis, pension debt would climb to $1.341 trillion, or nearly $100,000 per household.

A repeat of the Great Recession may be unlikely, but then again, we didn’t expect a sharp decline in 2008-2009.

Even a mini-recession in which pension systems’ assets fall by one-half Great Recession levels would be a horrible development. Schools and municipal governments, already cutting programs and services despite strong revenues, would be forced to cut even further.

Taxpayers would be asked to chip in more. And public employees, especially those in areas where the economy remains weak, would face layoffs, salary cuts, and in some scenarios, reductions in retirement benefits.

entire article:

And no video of the Gov actually saying this or leaked official government documents- it was all somehow magically uncovered by some guy on the internet? How strange.

You're not very bright at all are you Tiny " T ".....
Try and reread the post you commented on.....
My goodness....How strange !

“I wonder how many abortions Donald Trump is responsible for,” McCorvey said in the film. “I’m sure he’s lost count, if he can count that high.”

“I wonder how many abortions Donald Trump is responsible for,” McCorvey said
in the film. “I’m sure he’s lost count, if he can count that high.”

You know.....that's really a private matter that's none of your f#@king business....
Take care of your own matters and stop worrying about a very successful Businessman/President...!

California’s State and Local Liabilities Total $1.5 Trillion
By Marc Joffe and Edward Ring
January 3, 2019
We estimate that California’s total state and local government debt as of June 30, 2017 totaled just over $1.5 trillion. That total includes all outstanding bonds, loans, and other long-term liabilities, along with the officially reported unfunded liability for other post-employment benefits (primarily retiree healthcare), as well as unfunded pension liabilities.
This represents a rise of about $200 billion – or 15% – over our last debt analysis, in January 2017.
Our findings may appear to contradict reports that suggest a state budget surplus of about $9 billion. But the state’s spare cash and rainy day funds pale before the mountain of long-term liabilities that California governments at all levels have accumulated. Moreover, if the stock market drops, personal income tax and capital gains tax revenue will decline precipitously, wiping out these surpluses.
Our analysis differs from government reporting in a few ways, the most significant of which is governments’ use of a very generous expected rate of return on their pension fund investments. Using a more accurate rate, we calculate the total of unfunded pensions in California at $846 billion – $530 billion more than the official estimate of $316 billion. But even using only the officially reported estimates, California’s state and local governments are about $1.0 trillion in debt.
entire article:

So what do you think we should do?

Back