NWSL opening weekend

She didn't want to offend her family, which is totally understandable (not that they should be offended, because they shouldn't).
Her statement of support for her teammates and the BLM movement was very clear and yes, patriotic.

BLM is a trash organization that promotes a lack of accountability and values. I'll bet you've never even been to the fucking site.

Poor little fella, you seem unable to read what she said.
And as you sit there armed with a keyboard, whining like a little bitch, you’re not making any sacrifices. My father fought in Europe in WW2.
You don’t know shit and you should go back and read what she said, dummy. I’m not speaking for anybody. Neither are you, whiny little bitch.
Now, say them both loud and proud.
Black Lives Matter! President Biden!
Do it and then climb back under your rock.

He's not "making any sacrifices" but YOU are because your father fought in a war? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... black lives matter... but only if you can blame a white cop... and certainly NOT to other blacks.

>-- point --->
your head

I don't have the time or enough give-a-fucks to hold your hand and walk you through an explanation.

BTW, what are "blinkers?" actually forget it, drivel is drivel.
Got it, you can't explain yourself, fair enough.

VERB
blinkers (third person present)

1. put blinders on (a horse).
NORTH AMERICAN
a pair of small screens attached to a horse's bridle to prevent it seeing sideways and behind; blinkers.
  • something that prevents someone from gaining a full understanding of a situation.
    "they will wear their cultural blinders to the grave"

NWSL is going to be in trouble and they know it. All the other sports are hesitant to restart and they had no objections as they realize they are literally fighting for their lives. What happens when the USWNT players go to the same pay structure as the men and the subsidies for NWSL salaries and admin costs paid for by US Soccer go away? The big 4 sports are taking losses so what happens to the next tiers down?

Yeah, our silence means we don’t get our panties in a bunch over how someone handles the national anthem; that’s just ya’ll. Instead, we respect the decision people make. Plus, we’re going to be here a while if you want me to give everyone. who stands during the anthem a pat on the head to prop up their self-esteem, because a pretty significant number of people still do that. I mean it’s a lot less than those who did so previously, but still a pretty large number.

If it makes you feel better, I promise not to criticize anyone who stands for the anthem if you promise not to criticize anyone who doesn’t. We’ll call it even.
That's nice that you are making a generous promise to honor other's choices but that is not the general attitude. I asked a player recently that is headed off to a D1 program what would happen if team mates kneel at games but she prefers to show respect to her military and very patriotic family background - her response - said she would have to kneel so she doesn't get rejected and criticized by team mates. she didn't think she had a choice. That's a nice statement about the lack of respect and freedom for all. Think and do like I think you should or else you will be judged and criticized. Just like people have said that the flag and national anthem aren't a symbol and not about respect for our military and the fight for freedom, standing doesn't mean you are a racist or a biggot.

Imagine where we're at - having to explain and defend oneself for standing during our country's National Anthem!

Democrats, your party owns this radical America hating BS and your individual silence is speaks volumes!
Your true colors are showing.

That's nice that you are making a generous promise to honor other's choices but that is not the general attitude. I asked a player recently that is headed off to a D1 program what would happen if team mates kneel at games but she prefers to show respect to her military and very patriotic family background - her response - said she would have to kneel so she doesn't get rejected and criticized by team mates. she didn't think she had a choice. That's a nice statement about the lack of respect and freedom for all. Think and do like I think you should or else you will be judged and criticized. Just like people have said that the flag and national anthem aren't a symbol and not about respect for our military and the fight for freedom, standing doesn't mean you are a racist or a biggot.
I would say the player you talked to is weak minded and easily manipulated.

How about Colin K getting blackballed by the owners for kneeling? Isn’t that much worse than peer pressure?

Poor little fella, you seem unable to read what she said.
And as you sit there armed with a keyboard, whining like a little bitch, you’re not making any sacrifices. My father fought in Europe in WW2.
You don’t know shit and you should go back and read what she said, dummy. I’m not speaking for anybody. Neither are you, whiny little bitch.
Now, say them both loud and proud.
Black Lives Matter! President Biden!
Do it and then climb back under your rock.
LOL! Skinny jeans in a wad? Hit a nerve in that yellow spine l see - Mission Accomplished!

Got it, you can't explain yourself, fair enough.

VERB
blinkers (third person present)

1. put blinders on (a horse).
NORTH AMERICAN
a pair of small screens attached to a horse's bridle to prevent it seeing sideways and behind; blinkers.
  • something that prevents someone from gaining a full understanding of a situation.
    "they will wear their cultural blinders to the grave"
...says the aggrieved equestrian victim from Del Mar. LOL! GTFOH!!!

I would say the player you talked to is weak minded and easily manipulated.
You couldn't be farther from the truth and that's why it is so upsetting. Strong, independent and outspoken females can be pressured to conform because their dreams and futures are held ransom by others that ultimately have more power.

Excellent!!! The pressure to bend is crazy. This will be interesting to see how people judge each other the next 12 months. I think certain schools and teams will be super political and toxic. I say keep sports pure and away from politics. I now know I was all upset for nothing. Politics controlled soccer. Let's see how all this unfolds.

How about Colin K getting blackballed by the owners for kneeling? Isn’t that much worse than peer pressure?

Or it could have been that he sucked ass on the field... which he did... and his bullshit wasn't worth keeping his ass around because the world is full of average quarterbacks. See: Cam "Superman" Newton. Or it could have been that tumbleweed head turned down multiple offers because he wanted more money... which he did. Or it could have been that his ugly, militant girlfriend called a potential employer "racist"... which she did... because he didn't offer poor Kaperprick the money he wanted... which he didn't. Then Ray Lewis could say Colin fucked up... which he did.

I was hoping my goat would be the youngest & greatest. I was told when she was 12 she had the makings of the next greatest. I was dreaming of her skipping college and signing out of HS like Kobe to go pro girls soccer player. College is what she wants 100%. My dd was never in a rush btw to go pro, it was her old man dreaming it for her and a few coaches egging me on with the 1% chance :)
dream of what though? While the league recently raised the maximum salary on combined salaries of players to $650,000 lets keep in mind that the minimum salary is only $20,000 and I would suggest that the majority are getting salaries of $20,000-$50,000 not half a million.

How about my family being threaten with being blackballed by soccer Docs and then warn to shut up or they will tell all the college coaches about me and my concerns about how some former Docs behave around 13 year old girls. I came here on a mission like Macdre, my cause is different but it sure in the hell was and is important moving forward. Go girls soccerr!!!

dream of what though? While the league recently raised the maximum salary on combined salaries of players to $650,000 lets keep in mind that the minimum salary is only $20,000 and I would suggest that the majority are getting salaries of $20,000-$50,000 not half a million.
Are you still taking me that serious about going pro? Please bro, no me a little bit better than that. It was the doc & coach who sold me pro dude.....

You couldn't be farther from the truth and that's why it is so upsetting. Strong, independent and outspoken females can be pressured to conform because their dreams and futures are held ransom by others that ultimately have more power.
Bingo!!! That's why if you have a leader on your hands in this arena the last three years, the pressure can be sick!!!

Back