Nor Cal Return to Play

I’m happy with our grouping.
Fun day for scrimmages yesterday. Our team was a little rusty but they played great overall.

Are your clubs playing games with masks? Not interested in getting into political issues here. Just asking about experiences. I know Norcal basically left it up to the clubs.

Are your clubs playing games with masks? Not interested in getting into political issues here. Just asking about experiences. I know Norcal basically left it up to the clubs.
My daughters clubs are leaving it up to the individual players as far as I know, so it could 1 girl or 11 on the field with a mask.

Ours does not require it. However, they were very clear that if we were on the sidelines spectating that we need to have one on.

From: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AJBfPfK9caENjGtD-9UlFaKcdNkvc_ztdvPDfZAx0GE/edit

1. Face coverings to be worn by participants during practice, conditioning and competition, even during heavy exertion as tolerated.¹

NorCal just sent out comms about this change. So dumb.
I am pretty easy going but WTF, (sorry,) this is crazy. My daughter has asthma, there is no way that will work for her- she has no trouble wearing them during school, etc, but during heavy exertion there is no way!

I am pretty easy going but WTF, (sorry,) this is crazy. My daughter has asthma, there is no way that will work for her- she has no trouble wearing them during school, etc, but during heavy exertion there is no way!
I was curious about that, I couldn't locate in what we were sent about the "as tolerated" -- what constitutes "as tolerated"? I would assume asthma would fall under that category -- does "it gets uncomfortable and falls down anyway" fall under as tolerated? I see masks on chins anyway during the games I have watched/seen video's of.

Just wear the mask.

We finally have a chance for real games. Why undermine it by immediately trying to make loopholes in the rules that made it happen?

Just wear the mask.

We finally have a chance for real games. Why undermine it by immediately trying to make loopholes in the rules that made it happen?

@dad4 You know I'm not an anti-masker. This is ridiculous though. There is absolutely no science or data that supports the need for masks while playing outdoors. The problem with this approach is that without the science people just think the state is shooting from the hip...which then lowers folks desire to wear masks when they actually really need to.

I was curious about that, I couldn't locate in what we were sent about the "as tolerated" -- what constitutes "as tolerated"? I would assume asthma would fall under that category -- does "it gets uncomfortable and falls down anyway" fall under as tolerated? I see masks on chins anyway during the games I have watched/seen video's of.

My son's club issued guidance where "as tolerated" meant the player can lower the mask when he needs to "catch his breath" or make a heavy exertion that he couldn't do with the mask on. But that they would keep an eye on whether or not players are taking advantage of the exception.

We'll have to see how the games go this weekend but I imagine enforcement will depend on how rigorous and demanding parents are about enforcing masks.

@dad4 You know I'm not an anti-masker. This is ridiculous though. There is absolutely no science or data that supports the need for masks while playing outdoors. The problem with this approach is that without the science people just think the state is shooting from the hip...which then lowers folks desire to wear masks when they actually really need to.
Oh, it's an overreach without much basis. Masks on the sideline are plenty. The big risk is the team lunch, but they can't get rid of that without offending the restaurant lobby.

However, my daughter's first game is this weekend. I can't get too worked up about whether they have to wear masks or not. Just happy she can play.

Oh, it's an overreach without much basis. Masks on the sideline are plenty. The big risk is the team lunch, but they can't get rid of that without offending the restaurant lobby.

However, my daughter's first game is this weekend. I can't get too worked up about whether they have to wear masks or not. Just happy she can play.
I can understand that. We had our first one last weekend and am happy to report that both sides wore masks and spaced out. It was very apparent that they were just excited for the kids!

Back