Nor Cal Return to Play

No, ECNL did that because they don’t want to monitor the county by county restrictions for COMPETITION. It’s is a completely reasonable position when things are ever changing and when so many entities are involved (state and counties) .
That’s why they’re putting the letter out after the guidance for competition changed. Nobody has ever thought those restrictions were meant to limit training attendance, because they’re not.
Why would games be limited to reduce spread and not training when training occurs more frequently at a 3-4 to 1 ratio with games AND competitive teams have players from multiple counties? Surely, this a violation of county restrictions.

Did club soccer leadership just eat up Gavin Newsom’s fake? How are the big name clubs best teams even allowed to practice when they draw players from several different counties? I am aware of a team in NorCal that had players from Salinas, Modesto, San Jose, Oakland, Santa Rosa, and Marin a few years back. If this multiple county representation is typical for club teams, do clubs still have the same restrictions on playing and practicing?
ECNL represents perhaps 4000 families in all of CA. That‘s about the size of AYSO in a large suburban town.

Why would anyone think these rules were written with ECNL in mind? They are tiny.

Letter leagues are the Chihuahuas in this fight. The big dogs are high school sports, little league, and rec soccer. The rules were written to handle them.

ECNL represents perhaps 4000 families in all of CA. That‘s about the size of AYSO in a large suburban town.

Why would anyone think these rules were written with ECNL in mind? They are tiny.

Letter leagues are the Chihuahuas in this fight. The big dogs are high school sports, little league, and rec soccer. The rules were written to handle them.
I agree. But, I think some think the new rules benefit letter leagues and I don’t see how since most teams have players from multiple counties unlike high school, little league, and rec soccer who’s players primarily reside in one district/city/county.

Why would games be limited to reduce spread and not training when training occurs more frequently at a 3-4 to 1 ratio with games AND competitive teams have players from multiple counties? Surely, this a violation of county restrictions.
As I mentioned in a previous post, the rules were not written with comp sports in mind at all. Also, the clubs are and have been working directly with their counties every step of the way.

Exactly this!

As I mentioned in a previous post, the rules were not written with comp sports in mind at all. Also, the clubs are and have been working directly with their counties every step of the way.
Yeah, it may work in OC. But I have a feeling SCC, Alameda, & Co Co county in the Bay Area will handle matters differently. Why would county officials make an exception for comp letter league players at the risk of increased exposure? Politicians are risk averse so I see them promoting high school and local rec sports to remain safe. Travel ball is too dangerous and will not be allowed under current rules.

Yeah, it may work in OC. But I have a feeling SCC, Alameda, & Co Co county in the Bay Area will handle matters differently. Why would county officials make an exception for comp letter league players at the risk of increased exposure? Politicians are risk averse so I see them promoting high school and local rec sports to remain safe. Travel ball is too dangerous and will not be allowed under current rules.
Omg. Everyone’s been training since last summer. We’ve loosened restrictions since then.

I agree. But, I think some think the new rules benefit letter leagues and I don’t see how since most teams have players from multiple counties unlike high school, little league, and rec soccer who’s players primarily reside in one district/city/county.
The new rules benefit letter leagues the same as they benefit everyone else. They make it possible to have games.

I don’t think it’s any more complicated than that.

I would not want to be an ECNL director in California now. The fact that ECNL put out that “CYA” letter making it clear they’re not a clearinghouse and putting decisions entirely on clubs suggest to me that the leadership at ECNL agrees with my interpretation and is limiting their liability. Have we forgotten how litigious Californians are?

I will tell you that everything right now is an opt-in. Families are being asked what level of risk they are comfortable with and team participation in leagues is being drawn up from there. This spring is going to be such a clusterfuck anyways, with slapdash thrown-together teams, my goal is to get out of this spring without any major injuries. I have an eye towards kids getting vaccinated by early summer, fingers crossed, and getting families back into match mode after that.

I have an eye towards kids getting vaccinated by early summer, fingers crossed, and getting families back into match mode after that.
Why in the world would you vaccinate kids? Not a risk group, mRNA has too many unknowns long term, possible future auto-immune issues, kids have strong immune systems. No way is my DD getting vaccinated, also concerned about if she wants to have kids of her own some day.

Why in the world would you vaccinate kids? Not a risk group, mRNA has too many unknowns long term, possible future auto-immune issues, kids have strong immune systems. No way is my DD getting vaccinated, also concerned about if she wants to have kids of her own some day.

What is the basis for your concerns?

Your DD will get vaccinated when it's a requirement to go back to school in the fall, but let's not derail yet another thread. Good luck to you and your kid.

To be fair, you can find GP's on both sides of the vaccine issue. It's a personal choice.

Oh lord. Anti-vaxxers are such idiots. Two quacks in Bakersfield saying whatever it takes to generate magat business does not make this a debatable issue.

Oh lord. Anti-vaxxers are such idiots. Two quacks in Bakersfield saying whatever it takes to generate magat business does not make this a debatable issue.
What are you going on about? Why is it bad that I think vaccines are a personal choice? There are many circumstances in which someone should not get a vaccine too. Why the "oh lord?" I was not agreeing with some hard core anti vaxx stance.

What are you going on about? Why is it bad that I think vaccines are a personal choice? There are many circumstances in which someone should not get a vaccine too. Why the "oh lord?" I was not agreeing with some hard core anti vaxx stance.
"Oh lord" is way for some to ask for help.

Back