Nor Cal Return to Play

Oh, it's an overreach without much basis. Masks on the sideline are plenty. The big risk is the team lunch, but they can't get rid of that without offending the restaurant lobby.

However, my daughter's first game is this weekend. I can't get too worked up about whether they have to wear masks or not. Just happy she can play.

I suppose we got used to a little over a week of scrimmages mask free. Man it is awesome to see them on the pitch again.

I suppose we got used to a little over a week of scrimmages mask free. Man it is awesome to see them on the pitch again.
Norcal posted on Instagram that the wording was causing confusion, but masks are "as tolerated"meaning players can judge what they can tolerate or not. Coaches, sidelines, spectators, etc. still require masks. I read this as masks while playing are not mandatory

Norcal posted on Instagram that the wording was causing confusion, but masks are "as tolerated"meaning players can judge what they can tolerate or not. Coaches, sidelines, spectators, etc. still require masks. I read this as masks while playing are not mandatory
That may depend a bit by county. Santa Clara seemed pretty clear that, unless you are swimming, they want you in a mask.

I’m not sure what the point of the rule is if “as tolerated” means “if you feel like it”. Might as well scrap it if that’s what they mean.

That may depend a bit by county. Santa Clara seemed pretty clear that, unless you are swimming, they want you in a mask.

I’m not sure what the point of the rule is if “as tolerated” means “if you feel like it”. Might as well scrap it if that’s what they mean.

This thing is pretty funny. Norcal updated language to match the CDPH language. The CDPH language links to a press release from the American Academy of Pediatrics. It all seems like cya vaguery to me. Its like a contest of "say nothing in as many words possible"

Norcal's instagram post clarifying their position:
1615407772093.png

CDPH language
1615407799583.png

American Academy of Pediatrics
1615407897283.png

This thing is pretty funny. Norcal updated language to match the CDPH language. The CDPH language links to a press release from the American Academy of Pediatrics. It all seems like cya vaguery to me. Its like a contest of "say nothing in as many words possible"

Norcal's instagram post clarifying their position:
View attachment 10354

CDPH language
View attachment 10355

American Academy of Pediatrics
View attachment 10356

Hold on a second. So should we be listening to the American Association of Pediatrics (wear masks) or magat soccer parents (wearing masks is so dumb it is impossible to spread covid on a soccer field, the foremost organization for youth health in the US is a bunch of liars who don’t know what they’re talking about, everyone should listen to anonymous douches on a soccer website that youth are impervious to covid so long as they are on a soccer field, pediatric doctors are such sheep but anti-vaxxers are very wise to agree to whatever Jenny McCarthy says).

I was curious about that, I couldn't locate in what we were sent about the "as tolerated" -- what constitutes "as tolerated"? I would assume asthma would fall under that category -- does "it gets uncomfortable and falls down anyway" fall under as tolerated? I see masks on chins anyway during the games I have watched/seen video's of.
Good luck keeping masks on faces during game play. HS season in AZ required masks - my guess is masks stayed on less than 10% of the time, if that. They were better at catching sweat then stopping virus particles. Anecdotal but haven't seen any reports of a game being identified as super spreader event. I doubt masks provided any value add except to reinforce safety theater.

Hold on a second. So should we be listening to the American Association of Pediatrics (wear masks) or magat soccer parents (wearing masks is so dumb it is impossible to spread covid on a soccer field, the foremost organization for youth health in the US is a bunch of liars who don’t know what they’re talking about, everyone should listen to anonymous douches on a soccer website that youth are impervious to covid so long as they are on a soccer field, pediatric doctors are such sheep but anti-vaxxers are very wise to agree to whatever Jenny McCarthy says).
Link to any study measuring on field transmission?

I keep looking, but I can’t find any. The best I can find is the studies that show outdoors is about 20x safer than indoors.

If there is actual data that on field transmission is significant, then hand out the masks. Based on current data, It’s more important to keep it local and cancel the team pizza party.

Link to any study measuring on field transmission?

I keep looking, but I can’t find any. The best I can find is the studies that show outdoors is about 20x safer than indoors.

If there is actual data that on field transmission is significant, then hand out the masks. Based on current data, It’s more important to keep it local and cancel the team pizza party.

Read what the American Association of Pediatrics is saying. If we wait until the definitive peer reviewed large group study is completed to determine exactly how dangerous it is before we change behavior, everyone will be dead. But even if it is 20x more dangerous inside, don’t 100x more kids play outdoor soccer than futsal? And what about the more contagious variations that are 20x more contagious, still ok to play outside now that it’s just as dangerous as it was playing indoors back when we were killing 3,000 people a day with the less contagious variant?

Seriously, you are making the dumbest argument this side of @crush opening his mouth, and good thing most CA soccer organizations aren’t stupid like you. You’re saying no one should ever change their behavior until a definitive study has come determined exactly how dangerous certain behavior is? Should straight people have gone around having unprotected sex back when douchey religious s**tbags believed HIV was God’s revenge against gay people only? Should we let people with ebola play soccer because there’s never been a definitive study showing someone under the age of 18 getting it playing soccer? Maybe people are magically impervious to ebola on soccer fields, just like anonymous magat soccer dads claim is the case with Covid-19, right?

According to the American Association of Pediatrics - not Jenny McCarthy, not @crush the dumbest human alive, not Grace Karen the wannabe lawyer:

“New information is emerging about the role children play in transmission of SARS-CoV-2. It appears that children younger than 10 years are less likely to become infected and less likely to spread infection to others, although further studies are needed. Newer data suggest adolescents may spread SARS-CoV-2 as efficiently as adults.

Compliance by athletes, parents, spectators, coaches, and officials will affect the success of the mitigation strategies. Key modifications include prioritizing noncontact activity, such as conditioning and drills where physical distance can be maintained, and proper use of a face mask as outlined in the next section. In addition, it is important to reinforce appropriate hygiene and respiratory etiquette through the use of signage, parent/athlete education, and use of handwashing stations or hand sanitizer.

Maintaining practice groups in consistent pods of small sizes that do not mix youth athletes may help limit team-wide outbreaks of SARS-CoV-2 infection. Small pods allow for easier contact tracing and fewer numbers of athletes needing to be quarantined should someone test positive for SARS-CoV-2. Minimizing travel to other communities and regions is another reduction strategy.

Athletes should be encouraged to wear face masks at all times (ie, group training, competition, and on the sidelines) during activities that pose a high risk of transmission, Individual sports performed outside, such as golf and singles tennis, are lower risk for transmission of SARS-CoV-2, and a face mask may not be necessary for these activities if the athletes are appropriately distanced. Face masks have been shown to be well tolerated by the majority of individuals who wear them for exercise, but we acknowledge that the mask may need to be removed under certain circumstances.”

When did Americans become the softest, most pathetic losers in the world? Can’t be bothered to wear a mask while exercising because it’s just too hard? Wahhhhh!!!!! Or maybe y’all are right and the AAP is wrong. Maybe there is zero risk of transmission traveling all over the country to play kiddie soccer. Maybe it’s impossible to get Covid if you’re on a soccer field. Maybe the risk of transmission is higher only if you’re inside - unless you’re in a classroom because it’s also impossible to get it in classrooms (or bars or restaurants, or work, if those are the places you want to go instead). ll, according to trumpanzees.

And why discourage pizza parties anyway? I’ve never seen a study show that people get Covid at pizza parties, so by your logic it must be incredibly safe, at least until the definitive pizza parlor party study is conducted, right? How is it that children are impervious if they are in a classroom but not a pizza parlor anyway? Oh, and I haven’t seen a single study showing Covid is spread through oral sex, so it must be fine to give blowjobs to people with covid.

If you can’t handle a mask, you’re either a pathetic loser or someone with a pre-existing condition who should just stay home like all the trumpanzees keep telling old people.

Read what the American Association of Pediatrics is saying. If we wait until the definitive peer reviewed large group study is completed to determine exactly how dangerous it is before we change behavior, everyone will be dead. But even if it is 20x more dangerous inside, don’t 100x more kids play outdoor soccer than futsal? And what about the more contagious variations that are 20x more contagious, still ok to play outside now that it’s just as dangerous as it was playing indoors back when we were killing 3,000 people a day with the less contagious variant?

Seriously, you are making the dumbest argument this side of @crush opening his mouth, and good thing most CA soccer organizations aren’t stupid like you. You’re saying no one should ever change their behavior until a definitive study has come determined exactly how dangerous certain behavior is? Should straight people have gone around having unprotected sex back when douchey religious s**tbags believed HIV was God’s revenge against gay people only? Should we let people with ebola play soccer because there’s never been a definitive study showing someone under the age of 18 getting it playing soccer? Maybe people are magically impervious to ebola on soccer fields, just like anonymous magat soccer dads claim is the case with Covid-19, right?

According to the American Association of Pediatrics - not Jenny McCarthy, not @crush the dumbest human alive, not Grace Karen the wannabe lawyer:

“New information is emerging about the role children play in transmission of SARS-CoV-2. It appears that children younger than 10 years are less likely to become infected and less likely to spread infection to others, although further studies are needed. Newer data suggest adolescents may spread SARS-CoV-2 as efficiently as adults.

Compliance by athletes, parents, spectators, coaches, and officials will affect the success of the mitigation strategies. Key modifications include prioritizing noncontact activity, such as conditioning and drills where physical distance can be maintained, and proper use of a face mask as outlined in the next section. In addition, it is important to reinforce appropriate hygiene and respiratory etiquette through the use of signage, parent/athlete education, and use of handwashing stations or hand sanitizer.

Maintaining practice groups in consistent pods of small sizes that do not mix youth athletes may help limit team-wide outbreaks of SARS-CoV-2 infection. Small pods allow for easier contact tracing and fewer numbers of athletes needing to be quarantined should someone test positive for SARS-CoV-2. Minimizing travel to other communities and regions is another reduction strategy.

Athletes should be encouraged to wear face masks at all times (ie, group training, competition, and on the sidelines) during activities that pose a high risk of transmission, Individual sports performed outside, such as golf and singles tennis, are lower risk for transmission of SARS-CoV-2, and a face mask may not be necessary for these activities if the athletes are appropriately distanced. Face masks have been shown to be well tolerated by the majority of individuals who wear them for exercise, but we acknowledge that the mask may need to be removed under certain circumstances.”

When did Americans become the softest, most pathetic losers in the world? Can’t be bothered to wear a mask while exercising because it’s just too hard? Wahhhhh!!!!! Or maybe y’all are right and the AAP is wrong. Maybe there is zero risk of transmission traveling all over the country to play kiddie soccer. Maybe it’s impossible to get Covid if you’re on a soccer field. Maybe the risk of transmission is higher only if you’re inside - unless you’re in a classroom because it’s also impossible to get it in classrooms (or bars or restaurants, or work, if those are the places you want to go instead). ll, according to trumpanzees.

And why discourage pizza parties anyway? I’ve never seen a study show that people get Covid at pizza parties, so by your logic it must be incredibly safe, at least until the definitive pizza parlor party study is conducted, right? How is it that children are impervious if they are in a classroom but not a pizza parlor anyway? Oh, and I haven’t seen a single study showing Covid is spread through oral sex, so it must be fine to give blowjobs to people with covid.

If you can’t handle a mask, you’re either a pathetic loser or someone with a pre-existing condition who should just stay home like all the trumpanzees keep telling old people.
I'll tell my asthmatic 13 year old that the big bad internet bully called her a loser. And don't even try and respond and say you included people with pre-existing conditions, she does have one, but her doctor has said numerous times soccer is safe for her. You know- mental health, cardiovascular benefits, and the like. And did you really go on a tangent directed at Dad?? Out of everyone??

[
QUOTE="EOTL, post: 387198, member: 7293"] If we wait until the definitive peer reviewed large group study is completed to determine exactly how dangerous it is before we change behavior, everyone will be dead. trumpanzees
[/QUOTE]
Theatre much? I know that most on here are much smarter than me and have put you on ignore...but this one is funny.

[
QUOTE="EOTL, post: 387198, member: 7293"] If we wait until the definitive peer reviewed large group study is completed to determine exactly how dangerous it is before we change behavior, everyone will be dead. trumpanzees
Theatre much? I know that most on here are much smarter than me and have put you on ignore...but this one is funny.
[/QUOTE]
What I don't understand is why is everyone a trumpanzee?? That doesn't even make sense.

Oh please Mr Captain of ALL Anonymous Douche’s show us the link where it says kids should where masks while playing rigorous outdoor activities!

You talk about needing so much time for a peer reviewed study, why can’t they go back they the thousands of youth sports games that were played last year and check on those?

Woodshedding you has become too easy!

What I don't understand is why is everyone a trumpanzee?? That doesn't even make sense.
[/QUOTE]
Because it thinks it is insulting people....Despite the overwhelming majority of us acknowledging we aren’t Trump supporters. It has selective reading skills!

Haven't informal games been going on at parks for months now in SC County without masks? Having a point doesn't appear to be a consideration.

I'll tell my asthmatic 13 year old that the big bad internet bully called her a loser. And don't even try and respond and say you included people with pre-existing conditions, she does have one, but her doctor has said numerous times soccer is safe for her. You know- mental health, cardiovascular benefits, and the like. And did you really go on a tangent directed at Dad?? Out of everyone??

I didn’t call your daughter a loser. She has a pre-existing condition, which I made very clear in my post. That sucks, but that’s the pandemic’s fault as well as that of all the magats whose irresponsible behavior got us here in the first place, not mine, not Gavin Newsom’s and not the AAP’s. It is a pandemic and, by its very nature, it is dangerous, has killed more than a half million people, and demands that people make sacrifices if they want to both stay alive and not kill more people.

Maybe from this you and others will learn something about the blithe and irresponsible callousness with which magats told people over the last year with pre-existing conditions to stay home for as long as it takes - assuming you don’t agree that is an appropriate solution. Or maybe you agree that old people should have never left their houses for over a year, but a couple weeks of your daughter being held out of kiddie soccer because she can’t exercise with a mask due to her asthma is unfair, so old people just need to stay at home even longer because you haven’t been able to live vicariously through her for long enough?

Regardless, a handful of kids not being able to play kiddie soccer for a few more weeks because they have asthma and can’t wear a mask is a small price to pay in exchange for saving lives. But if you want to bark at the moon and the American Association of Pediatrics, go for it. Maybe @crush is right and they are morons, and not the other way around.

Oh please Mr Captain of ALL Anonymous Douche’s show us the link where it says kids should where masks while playing rigorous outdoor activities!

You talk about needing so much time for a peer reviewed study, why can’t they go back they the thousands of youth sports games that were played last year and check on those?

Woodshedding you has become too easy!

The AAP guidelines are very clear in that regard, and I even quoted them. They say “Athletes should be encouraged to wear face masks at all times ie, group training, competition, and on the sidelines)”.

It carves out exceptions for gold and tennis because, duh, it’s easy to stay away from others even when competing.

If you think you’re “woodshedding me”, well, why is it that the AAP wants adolescents wearing masks during competition AND that is what NorCal is following?

The AAP guidelines are very clear in that regard, and I even quoted them. They say “Athletes should be encouraged to wear face masks at all times ie, group training, competition, and on the sidelines)”.

It carves out exceptions for gold and tennis because, duh, it’s easy to stay away from others even when competing.

If you think you’re “woodshedding me”, well, why is it that the AAP wants adolescents wearing masks during competition AND that is what NorCal is following?
Because the MAJORITY of the US is not and has not encouraged or mandated young athletes wearing masks while engaging in our door sports activities and there is nothing scientific to prove it’s necessary. Therefore the AAP is only encouraging not mandating masks. If science proved they needed to, it would be mandated. Does that help?

Because the MAJORITY of the US is not and has not encouraged or mandated young athletes wearing masks while engaging in our door sports activities and there is nothing scientific to prove it’s necessary. Therefore the AAP is only encouraging not mandating masks. If science proved they needed to, it would be mandated. Does that help?

WTF are you talking about? Are you hearing yourself reject the guidance of the foremost experts on children’s health in the country because it’s “only” advice, and it’s only based on the best and most up to date information? I am glad NorCal is following the advice of people who know wtf they’re talking about.

Do you want to know why AAP is recommending and encouraging wearing masks and not mandating it? Because they don’t run a soccer league moron, nor do they have the legal authority to mandate anything. Do you know who does have authority to mandate it, however? The leagues that are mandating it in accordance with the AAP’s guidance. Funny how that works. Thank goodness the AAP and soccer leagues are protecting us from idiots like you who just deny whatever it is they don’t want to here - even if it is coming from the foremost authority on children’s health in the entire United States. It is no wonder that dumb Americans will listen instead to Jenny McCarthy, the dumbest person in America who is not @crush, because dumb Americans will clearly listen to whoever says what they want to hear.

Y’all are such whiners. It is seriously pathetic how sad people are who claim that wearing a mask during sports is too hard for them. If they don’t have underlying health problems, a kid can wear a mask. Can anyone identify a single person in the world who has ever died because they exercised wearing a mask? Just one? Anyone?

Back