New Research on Covid Transmission

They have reported it. I've read dozens of reports that talk about essential workers and working class neighborhoods being at higher risk for covid.
There's little doubt that working-class neighborhoods are always at higher risk for catching a virus - higher population density leading to more frequent interactions with a higher number of people. The difference between those neighborhoods and those where many tech workers live is amplified now with many (most?, almost all?) tech workers WFH - can't do that as a cashier. I'd also guess tech workers have their groceries, etc. delivered at a higher rate further lowering their interactions and risk. I am also curious if there is a difference in the level of compliance with social distancing. It is certainly more effort to comply in more densely populated areas.

boom! and teachers lost all support from me when their union demanded a political check list before they went back to work. But if i can add to your list, truckers, doctors, nurses, lab techs, the people that actually give the tests at locations, cops and fire fighters.

Did you miss the posts by me and Copa9 shredding Tjinaz to pieces on the difference between a classroom and a grocery store??

Schools can have the kids wear a mask and the teacher wear a mask. Kids can have shields around their desk, wash their hands and maintain social distance. There are many professions wear masks all day, hospital workers do it for 12 hours and people travel in airplanes cross country right next to strangers and there is no spike. If you want to do it you will find a way if you don't you will find excuses.

What's the excuse for not getting schools point of care testing?? It's not that hard and it will cost pennies on the dollar compared to what we have already spent. So what's the excuse? We've known the importance of testing since March! Look at all the professional leagues thriving.

C'mon tough guy, what is the excuse for the lack of testing? I'm dying to hear how you will dodge and weave your way out of this one. And please spare me the union bull shit and their demands, that fake news has been shredded to pieces also.

Again, here it is straight from the horses mouth.

Did you miss the posts by me and Copa9 shredding Tjinaz to pieces on the difference between a classroom and a grocery store??

What's the excuse for not getting schools point of care testing?? It's not that hard and it will cost pennies on the dollar compared to what we have already spent. So what's the excuse? We've known the importance of testing since March! Look at all the professional leagues thriving.

C'mon tough guy, what is the excuse for the lack of testing? I'm dying to hear how you will dodge and weave your way out of this one. And please spare me the union bull shit and their demands, that fake news has been shredded to pieces also.

Again, here it is straight from the horses mouth.

gee whiz another angry person. Who is the testing for? That is a School superintendent that doesn't listen to science. Hospital nurses, doctors, cops or firefighters don't get tested everyday it isn't mandatory or necessary. If you want to get tested go get tested. If you feel sick you stay home and should get tested. if you have wear/worn your mask, socially distanced and washed your hand regularly you will be good. Either those things work or they don't. I tend to think they do.

gee whiz another angry person. Who is the testing for? That is a School superintendent that doesn't listen to science. Hospital nurses, doctors, cops or firefighters don't get tested everyday it isn't mandatory or necessary. If you want to get tested go get tested. If you feel sick you stay home and should get tested. if you have wear/worn your mask, socially distanced and washed your hand regularly you will be good. Either those things work or they don't. I tend to think they do.

No brother, you're angry b/c your kids are at home.

"Who is the testing for?" Gee whiz, let's see, the White House tests everybody before they come in, the military tests everybody almost everyday, the professional sports leagues test almost everyday (have you not watched Hard Knocks), Dana White tests his UFC fighters and all personnel everyday for 2 weeks prior to fight night (notice how they have different referees every week), so I'm not sure who the testing is for, but a wild guess is that testing is for EVERYBODY'S safety.

"That is a school superintendent that doesn't listen to science." Did you pull that one out of your ass? Well, why don't know make him look like a fool and call his bluff. If you provide the testing and they still won't go back, I'll join you in calling them phony cowards.

And notice how you didn't answer the question. Again, what's you excuse for the lack of testing???

And notice how you didn't answer the question. Again, what's you excuse for the lack of testing???
uh, i did. Hospital nurses, doctors, cops or firefighters don't get tested everyday it isn't mandatory or necessary....the it isn't necessary or mandatory part answers the question.
If those professions that are up close don't need it then people( kids) that aren't don't either. If a kid gets it send them home for 10 days they will recover. If your kid is not healthy or you are scared do the distance learning.

Those other entities have endless resources for a really small group of people.

I'm angry because they need to be in school not because they are home. But in school is better for them

No 0-17 year olds haven't died in ca. (the outlier happened this week and they won't give details) Stop panicking.

uh, i did. Hospital nurses, doctors, cops or firefighters don't get tested everyday it isn't mandatory or necessary....the it isn't necessary or mandatory part answers the question.
If those professions that are up close don't need it then people( kids) that aren't don't either. If a kid gets it send them home for 10 days they will recover. If your kid is not healthy or you are scared do the distance learning.

Those other entities have endless resources for a really small group of people.

I'm angry because they need to be in school not because they are home. But in school is better for them

No 0-17 year olds haven't died in ca. (the outlier happened this week and they won't give details) Stop panicking.

Still don’t have enough huevos to answer the question ha? Cops and firefighters are “up close” like teachers? Re-read my ass whoopin post on a grocery store clerk v. teacher.

Nurses and doctors do get tested dumbass and have more access to testing than anybody.

And your angry because your kids are not at school BUT ARE HOME INSTEAD. Same thing brother.

Other entities with endless resources. That’s the point dumbass, aren’t our kids important enough to spend a few billion dollars and get them back in the classroom? I want that, we all want that! We’ve spent close to 10 trillion dollars and we can’t spend a few billion for our kids?

When this is all said and done, we will look back and this will be the absolute dumbest thing we didn’t do. Mark my words.

Still don’t have enough huevos to answer the question ha? Cops and firefighters are “up close” like teachers? Re-read my ass whoopin post on a grocery store clerk v. teacher.

Nurses and doctors do get tested dumbass and have more access to testing than anybody.

And your angry because your kids are not at school BUT ARE HOME INSTEAD. Same thing brother.

Other entities with endless resources. That’s the point dumbass, aren’t our kids important enough to spend a few billion dollars and get them back in the classroom? I want that, we all want that! We’ve spent close to 10 trillion dollars and we can’t spend a few billion for our kids?

When this is all said and done, we will look back and this will be the absolute dumbest thing we didn’t do. Mark my words.
you got issues dude. good luck

Teachers are not on nearly the same level as firefighters or the he popo.
Come on man.

My wife is a teacher. She wants to go back but she also knows that many of her peers are at high risk. By the way, you all should chill on bashing on teachers. I am sure most of you had a tough time teaching your kids back in the Spring. It's one of the toughest jobs and it just got tougher trying to teach via zoom and keep kids focused.

numbers from the OC register Aug. 22 2020

The county report showed there are 110 patients in ICUs as of Saturday, the lowest level since late May. Death rate continues to drop

The county’s breakdown of deaths by age is as follows:

• 85+: 31% (276)
  • 75-84: 22% (197)
  • 65-74: 20% (181)
  • 55-64: 13% (125)
  • 45-54: 9% (74)
  • 35-44: 3% (26)
  • 25-34: 1.3% (13)
  • 18-24: <1% (3)
  • 0-17: <1% (1)

Back