New Research on Covid Transmission

Anon9

GOLD

I thought this was an interesting paragraph...

'With clearance to return to play on June 12, youth soccer clubs across San Diego County have been hosting onsite training sessions for teams weekly. With respect to soccer, early data suggests that the time spent in close proximity to other players during a soccer game is limited and falls far below the duration that is felt to represent sufficient exposure to result in viral transmission. Research and testing will continue, but initial results show promising signs that outdoor sports in large areas are safe for kids 6-18.'

Distant training work when all the protocols are followed and is lower risk. Confirming that with the position piece is a good first step.

Distant training work when all the protocols are followed.

Agreed, and that's what we've been doing... for the most part... but "return to play June 12" is a little misleading unless I misunderstand the meaning. Full contact is what I think of when hearing "return to play". Seems to me that pushes the boundaries of "close proximity to other players during a game is limited".

Hmmm, eight week study. Was it all distance training?
I'm curious, are you aware of the studies that were used to identify outdoor soccer as something other than a low-risk activity? I'm just wondering, what takes precedence? Is it current activity exactly mirroring the activity in question (soccer) in the environment of the virus in question, or is it whatever study was used to determine soccer was not low risk?

Simar results to the study from the Texas football leagues.

Any word on a study funded by someone other than a sports association?

Honest question there. I'd feel a lot better trusting UCSD or UCLA, instead of taking Surf's word for it.

Simar results to the study from the Texas football leagues.

Any word on a study funded by someone other than a sports association?

Honest question there. I'd feel a lot better trusting UCSD or UCLA, instead of taking Surf's word for it.
LSU football? Coach O is all in with his squad. Trevor is ready and so is Bama. The winners are ready to ball. I have an idea. Let each school decide. Take all the teams and have a little mini season and then a playoff like their always should have been. Fran is all in too......

Back