New Research on Covid Transmission

Said it before and Ill say it again.....

If they can protect a cashier in a supermarket checkout line that sees hundreds of random people everyday within a 6ft radius and they are OK ... how can they not protect teachers seeing the exact same smaller number of low risk kids? I smell politics in this one. Or.. maybe when the teachers explain again how important they are and why they need raises we give that money to the true heros in the grocery store.
boom! and teachers lost all support from me when their union demanded a political check list before they went back to work. But if i can add to your list, truckers, doctors, nurses, lab techs, the people that actually give the tests at locations, cops and fire fighters.

boom! and teachers lost all support from me when their union demanded a political check list before they went back to work. But if i can add to your list, truckers, doctors, nurses, lab techs, the people that actually give the tests at locations, cops and fire fighters.
Let's not forget Life Guards. I watch a stud LG save 8 kids yesterday. A certain break has rip tides every time sets roll in. Hotels=tourist=I have no clue on riptides. Kids from NJ and and Ohio in Cali for vaca. I sat with my wife and predicted two of the kids who would need to be saved. I almost wanted to stop them before they went out with their boogie board and no fins. You see what happens is the kid loses his boogie board and now he's stuck out in the ocean in a ripe tide. He panics because he swims straight in and he goes nowhere. He yells for help and Mr Stud Life Guard is there to save another life. Please ad AC Tech Guy as well. He's on OT helping folks stay cool :)

Just NYC is a very small sample size and a dubious one at that. NYC is the very worst environment for this and is atypical. There have to be over 500,000 cashiers of various types throughout the country and I don't see them wanting to close the stores as they are all sick.
if it was happening they would have reported it. That is great fuel for fear mongoring

Here's the difference dumbass. When patrons come into a grocery store they are masked up, they move around and don't stay in one place for more than 2-3 minutes, and certainly not directly in front of a grocery store worker. So even if they are covid positive, the likelihood they will transmit to someone else is low. In a classroom, you'll have 30 students confined in a classroom for 50 minutes, probably all facing in one direction. And this will happen 6 times a day, 5 days a week.

Here, re-read this article to freshen up. https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them

And remember, the most important thing teachers want is testing! https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/l...o-reopening-schools/ar-BB178hPd?ocid=msedgdhp

Your sense of smell is faulty, maybe you have covid!
Schools can have the kids wear a mask and the teacher wear a mask. Kids can have shields around their desk, wash their hands and maintain social distance. There are many professions wear masks all day, hospital workers do it for 12 hours and people travel in airplanes cross country right next to strangers and there is no spike. If you want to do it you will find a way if you don't you will find excuses.

if it was happening they would have reported it. That is great fuel for fear mongoring
They have reported it. I've read dozens of reports that talk about essential workers and working class neighborhoods being at higher risk for covid.

The working class side of Santa Clara County has about 4-5 times the covid infection rate of the tech side. 1.5 percent versus about 0.35 percent, depending on zip code.

If you read MSM these days, it's pretty hard to miss.

They have reported it. I've read dozens of reports that talk about essential workers and working class neighborhoods being at higher risk for covid.

The working class side of Santa Clara County has about 4-5 times the covid infection rate of the tech side. 1.5 percent versus about 0.35 percent, depending on zip code.

If you read MSM these days, it's pretty hard to miss.
Q bro. If you were told today that your job would end September 7th and all your retirement you worked your ass for is wiped clean, what would you do?

being at risk is not the same as getting it. we are all at risk of it so must like boxing protect yourself at all times.

im interested in a link if you have one. santa clara has a lot of cases but very few deaths which is great news and what everyone should be concerned with. this isn't as deadly as we thought. its contagious and really bad for unhealthy people and the elderly so protect them and the rest of the people go on with life because this isn't going anywhere

being at risk is not the same as getting it. we are all at risk of it so must like boxing protect yourself at all times.

im interested in a link if you have one. santa clara has a lot of cases but very few deaths which is great news and what everyone should be concerned with. this isn't as deadly as we thought. its contagious and really bad for unhealthy people and the elderly so protect them and the rest of the people go on with life because this isn't going anywhere

Are you getting paid for this bullshit?

Q bro. If you were told today that your job would end September 7th and all your retirement you worked your ass for is wiped clean, what would you do?
I'd be lying if I said I knew. Dont think anyone knows until it hits. Happened to a lot of families I grew up with. Mills closed and the pension funds were in company stock. It all got thrown to PBGC who paid pennies on the dollar. Now dad is working at the video store and the son is at JuCo 'cause its cheap.

What does that have to do with Vegas running an ongoing super spreader event?

I'd be lying if I said I knew. Dont think anyone knows until it hits. Happened to a lot of families I grew up with. Mills closed and the pension funds were in company stock. It all got thrown to PBGC who paid pennies on the dollar. Now dad is working at the video store and the son is at JuCo 'cause its cheap.

What does that have to do with Vegas running an ongoing super spreader event?
Thanks for being honest.

I eat there once a month......the homeless population has increased double digits each year for the past 5 years. It is our governors policies that have turned a blind eye to the impact on the community. So when people say California has become a dumpster fire, this is just ONE part of the reason.
Why would a homeless person stay in a state with freezing weather, extremem heat
Schools can have the kids wear a mask and the teacher wear a mask. Kids can have shields around their desk, wash their hands and maintain social distance. There are many professions wear masks all day, hospital workers do it for 12 hours and people travel in airplanes cross country right next to strangers and there is no spike. If you want to do it you will find a way if you don't you will find excuses.
Sure with no sinks in the rooms and 32 students will keep social distance, and yes keep their masks on when they are picking their noses and they will definitely not be rubbing their eyes and they will keep their masks on properly for six hours.

Why would a homeless person stay in a state with freezing weather, extremem heat

Sure with no sinks in the rooms and sure 32 students will keep social distance,
see you found an excuse.... there is hand sanitizer. Hospitals use them more that ever washing in the sink. They will be wearing a mask.

see you found an excuse.... there is hand sanitizer. Hospitals use them more that ever washing in the sink.
Have you ever spent an entire day or entire week in classroom with 32 students since you are such an expert? When we are back to normal, please come in and volunteer not just for 2-3 hours, but the entire week.

see you found an excuse.... there is hand sanitizer. Hospitals use them more that ever washing in the sink. They will be wearing a mask.
I just dont see a willingness to try and make it work. No one is expecting the teachers to teach the old way. AM/PM has plastic shields now and x marks the spot everywhere. Even the Heartbreakers 3 v 3 has x spots. This is 100% about something else and their will be heavy consequence for a poor choice. Even my GOP friends in teaching find themselves in a tough spot and can;t talk. I understand. I have a friend who has 7 more years and then he is set forever. 90% pay until he dies. So what does one do in that situation? He shuts the hell up and follows orders. He goes to bed knowing the truth but the truth can;t set him free. He's trapped because of the almighty dollar. Held hostage. Eagle time very soon!!!!

" go on with life because this isn't going anywhere"
oh ok. i mean like almost every virus it doesn't go away. It can get under control but it will always be with us. All the childhood diseases that most of us were vaccinated for are still around. It took years for some of the vaccines but they never shut schools down, they took precautions

Back