Never Hilary, Never Trump... who would you chose?

Washington and Jefferson created slavery?

Please continue.
Let me clarify...
They, Washington & Jefferson, along with other "forefathers", created our country, they were two of the most important players & they endorsed & embraced slavery.
Hope that clears it up Magoo, now when do we remove those memorials?

Let me clarify...
They, Washington & Jefferson, along with other "forefathers", created our country, they were two of the most important players & they endorsed & embraced slavery.

Slavery was legal to some degree in every colony at the time of the Revolution. Slavery was no banned anywhere until 1777, when Vermont, despite not yet being recognized as a state, wrote a Constitution that banned slavery.

Let me clarify...

Slavery was legal in most of the States in 1789, when the Consitution was adopted.

US_SlaveFree1789.gif

Sign of the times indeed...what do you think was going on in much of the US when the Civil War broke out?
Some wanted to preserve what Washington and Jefferson had created and endorsed. Slavery.
They kicked the can down the street knowing the issue would have to be resolved. It was resolved with war.
Typical hypocritical justification from you Duck...Washington and Jefferson stood for the same beliefs that the south ended up fighting for...SLAVERY.
If memorials are to be removed, when do Washington and Jefferson get the same treatment?
They did not take arms up against the USA, they were not traitors. Defend slavery all you want it won't change history.

Let me clarify...
You have twisted this all around, like usual, to fit your, "Defend the South" narrative. The South attacked the north, those statues, that most were erected decades after the war to show who was boss in the South, were mostly of people who fought to defeat the Union, the USA, THAT is why those statues are so controversial. NOT because they did or did not own slaves, it's because they attacked the USA.

They did not take arms up against the USA, they were not traitors. Defend slavery all you want it won't change history.

You're hilarious....and stupid.

You are the spastic in the store who shits on camera
then denies he shit.

Democrats = Terrorist = KKK

Enjoy your shit sandwich today Rodent...

Tomorrow we serve it with Blue Potty Pickles.

You're hilarious....and stupid.

You are the spastic in the store who shits on camera
then denies he shit.

Democrats = Terrorist = KKK

Enjoy your shit sandwich today Rodent...

Tomorrow we serve it with Blue Potty Pickles.
So nothing to add, just anger due to the validity of my point I am left to assume.

I'm not defending slavery asshole...I'm pointing out your hypocrisy...
Washington & Jefferson owned slaves. Slavery made them well to do men.
When will we tear down the memorials built to honor these slave owners?
They set the example of owning people and made it acceptable in our country....
Pull your head out of your ass and try to comprehend what the conversation is about.

Pull your head out of your ass and try to comprehend what the conversation is about.
Those are statues of people who took up arms against the United States of America, which side are you on?

You are so caught up in your hate you seem to have glossed over the point, yet declare it the other way around? Typical Trumpian nutter living in opposite world.

Set the example?

Those are statues of people who took up arms against the United States of America, which side are you on?

You are so caught up in your hate you seem to have glossed over the point, yet declare it the other way around? Typical Trumpian nutter living in opposite world.
They are building a library for Obama aren't they?

Back