Never Hilary, Never Trump... who would you chose?

justified

SILVER ELITE
Since everyone has something to complain about, how about someone we can all agree on... or can we?

I like Mitch Landrieu. Some will say he's ineffective because he couldn't solve the water issues in New Orleans, but those issues have been there forever.

Mit Romney now looks like a saint.

Since everyone has something to complain about, how about someone we can all agree on... or can we?

I like Mitch Landrieu. Some will say he's ineffective because he couldn't solve the water issues in New Orleans, but those issues have been there forever.

Just another lib kook, like you.
Mitch Landrieu’s Speech on the Removal of Confederate ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/opinion/mitch-landrieus-speech...
May 23, 2017 · This is the full text of the remarks delivered last week by the mayor of New Orleans, Mitch Landrieu, upon his removal of the last of the city’s several Confederate monuments

Just another lib kook, like you.
Mitch Landrieu’s Speech on the Removal of Confederate ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/opinion/mitch-landrieus-speech...
May 23, 2017 · This is the full text of the remarks delivered last week by the mayor of New Orleans, Mitch Landrieu, upon his removal of the last of the city’s several Confederate monuments

Which parts of Landrieu's speech do you disagree with? CNN made it easy for you to answer by pulling out 12 pieces of the speech for discussion --

1. "There is a difference between remembrance of history and reverence of it."
2. "These statues are not just stone and metal. They are not just innocent remembrances of a benign history. These monuments purposefully celebrate a fictional, sanitized Confederacy; ignoring the death, ignoring the enslavement, and the terror that it actually stood for."
3. "They were erected purposefully to send a strong message to all who walked in their shadows about who was still in charge in this city. "
4. "So I am not judging anybody, I am not judging people. We all take our own journey on race."
5. "I knew that taking down the monuments was going to be tough, but you elected me to do the right thing, not the easy thing, and this is what that looks like."
6. "This is, however, about showing the whole world that we as a city and as a people are able to acknowledge, understand, reconcile and most importantly, choose a better future for ourselves making straight what has been crooked and making right what was wrong."
7. "It is an affront to our present, and it is a bad prescription for our future. History cannot be changed. It cannot be moved like a statue. What is done is done."
8. "Centuries-old wounds are still raw because they never healed right in the first place. Here is the essential truth. We are better together than we are apart."
9. "If we take these statues down and don't change to become a more open and inclusive society this would have all been in vain."
10. "We have not erased history; we are becoming part of the city's history by righting the wrong image these monuments represent and crafting a better, more complete future for all our children and for future generations."
11."Instead of revering a four-year brief historical aberration that was called the Confederacy we can celebrate all 300 years of our rich, diverse history as a place named New Orleans and set the tone for the next 300 years."
12. "The Confederacy was on the wrong side of history and humanity. It sought to tear apart our nation and subjugate our fellow Americans to slavery. This is the history we should never forget and one that we should never again put on a pedestal to be revered."

Which parts of Landrieu's speech do you disagree with? CNN made it easy for you to answer by pulling out 12 pieces of the speech for discussion --

2. "These statues are not just stone and metal. They are not just innocent remembrances of a benign history. These monuments purposefully celebrate a fictional, sanitized Confederacy; ignoring the death, ignoring the enslavement, and the terror that it actually stood for."
3. "They were erected purposefully to send a strong message to all who walked in their shadows about who was still in charge in this city. "
4. "So I am not judging anybody, I am not judging people. We all take our own journey on race."
5. "I knew that taking down the monuments was going to be tough, but you elected me to do the right thing, not the easy thing, and this is what that looks like."
6. "This is, however, about showing the whole world that we as a city and as a people are able to acknowledge, understand, reconcile and most importantly, choose a better future for ourselves making straight what has been crooked and making right what was wrong."
7. "It is an affront to our present, and it is a bad prescription for our future. History cannot be changed. It cannot be moved like a statue. What is done is done."
8. "Centuries-old wounds are still raw because they never healed right in the first place. Here is the essential truth. We are better together than we are apart."
9. "If we take these statues down and don't change to become a more open and inclusive society this would have all been in vain."
10. "We have not erased history; we are becoming part of the city's history by righting the wrong image these monuments represent and crafting a better, more complete future for all our children and for future generations."
11."Instead of revering a four-year brief historical aberration that was called the Confederacy we can celebrate all 300 years of our rich, diverse history as a place named New Orleans and set the tone for the next 300 years."
12. "The Confederacy was on the wrong side of history and humanity. It sought to tear apart our nation and subjugate our fellow Americans to slavery. This is the history we should never forget and one that we should never again put on a pedestal to be revered."
All of it.
I wonder when Yale will change it's name.

You're not the brightest apple rotting in the dirt are you......

I won.

Apparently you lost and are STILL bitter....." Pick " a another tree Justafriedbrain.

Democrat = Confederacy

I want those statues up to remind EVERYONE where the Democratic Party
came from......In other words their " ROOTS " !!!

All of it.
I wonder when Yale will change it's name.

You disagree with "The Confederacy was on the wrong side of history and humanity. It sought to tear apart our nation and subjugate our fellow Americans to slavery. This is the history we should never forget and one that we should never again put on a pedestal to be revered."?

You disagree with "The Confederacy was on the wrong side of history and humanity. It sought to tear apart our nation and subjugate our fellow Americans to slavery. This is the history we should never forget and one that we should never again put on a pedestal to be revered."?
No, you can't erase history.

Washington & Jefferson subjugated our fellow Americans to slavery....
Sign of the times, but did they lead forces to destroy The United States of America? Are you saying there is blame, "On both sides"? Do you equate the founders of this nation with those that wished to destroy it?

Back