Lets Drive to Utah on a Holiday Weekend to play teams from California

I'm against mercy rules. It's disrespectful to Fútbol, to players. And it's for pussies and for the weak. Teach your kids not to be pussies and take it holding their head high, like real men and women.
Your argument is that by beating up on a weak sauce team you prove how macho you are?

Got it. You go, tough guy.

You do know that is fiction and those are actors, right?

I don’t know much about soccer in Utah. I know they are in the middle of high school soccer season right now. Are high school players allowed to play club during the season?
When do Utah club leagues have their first games of the season?

I don’t know about high school but for middle and elementary schoolers the season begins early August and state cup is late October. From the month or so we were there and from the wasatch team my son follows on YouTube, my general impression is that except for the academy the level of play certainly isn’t as deep as SoCal. My son in his gk camps (the player at which were supposedly flight 1 and flight 2 players) kept getting moved up in age groups and the girls on the gk end were particularly weak (the boys made it up with athleticism). Where they do have a leg up on us is the facilities...lots of beautiful fields (we were on some great pitches in Farmington, Sandee, Park City and Salt Lake) and they play quite a lot of futsal (due to snow in winter). Part of the issue is the aggregation of talent....because Utah is a big agrarian state, outside of Salt Lake City and suburbs, it’s difficult to assemble a non rec team because distances are large between small towns. My favorite part was the 80 miles per hour speed limit. We were in park city but folks thought we were crazy driving down the mountain into Farmington and Sandee for soccer 40 minutes....I explained it was less than a typical commute in SoCal. It has a much more rec feeling to it and imho the tempo of the game is much more running soccer (outside of the academy which is a real academy with high level training)...in that way it felt much more like England than it did Spain or Socal (which are the places I have at least limited soccer experience with) with talent at least on the boys end being aggregated at the academy.

Our lower 05 team played this past weekend. It was in the Open division. 06 to 03's. They won their first 3 games 6-1 over FC Mesquite Moapa, 7-2 over Surf ME, and 2-0 over OC Surf. They then lost to So Cal Blues 18-0. I heard this team was made up of some 03 and 04 ECNL players. We had hoped to join the team to get some game time for my keeper, but their two keepers were going.

Honestly I would have loved to had her face the So Cal BLues team. More shots, more practice, more experience. Here keeper coach was there and said might only have been 3-0 if she had been there and kept them in the game, but we will never know. But getting the chance to face 30-40 shots in a game is great no matter what the outcome is.

The team was still pretty happy with the whole weekend, even losing that last game in the semi finals. Big wins or big losses, it is still playing soccer.

Your club’s agreement with your county probably includes something about keeping the same cohort together. Once you take a team elsewhere and mix them with other players you’re no longer following the plan you agreed to with the county. So it would make sense that if you take some players you don’t do it in your club’s name.
That is exactly right! It also has something to do with your clubs insurance.

Our lower 05 team played this past weekend. It was in the Open division. 06 to 03's. They won their first 3 games 6-1 over FC Mesquite Moapa, 7-2 over Surf ME, and 2-0 over OC Surf. They then lost to So Cal Blues 18-0. I heard this team was made up of some 03 and 04 ECNL players. We had hoped to join the team to get some game time for my keeper, but their two keepers were going.

Honestly I would have loved to had her face the So Cal BLues team. More shots, more practice, more experience. Here keeper coach was there and said might only have been 3-0 if she had been there and kept them in the game, but we will never know. But getting the chance to face 30-40 shots in a game is great no matter what the outcome is.

The team was still pretty happy with the whole weekend, even losing that last game in the semi finals. Big wins or big losses, it is still playing soccer.
GK's dream. It's like taking batting practice against Randy Johnson. Why not test yourself against the best. Great attitude bro.

seriously? the debuting England players had girls in their hotel room and broke curfew..... totally incomparable to clubs/teams/families wanting to play where they are legally allowed to having be forced in front of a computer for 6 months.........with due respect, your post is illogical.

The players actually didn't have the "girls" in their rooms. They were staying on the 3rd floor. They had pre arranged for the women to get rooms in the same hotel. The women's rooms were on the 7th floor. Once the players left the 3rd floor " Bio Bubble" and went to another floor they had broken the rules. The rest of the details just sell newspapers. The players were required to stay on the 3rd floor in their bio bubble and left the bio secure floor. That is the similarity to leaving the county to play in another county with different rules.

Back