Let the Principals & Teachers Decide

[
Simple minded response, as usual. There's no nuance to your insight, just like the governor's and teacher union's. Either all schools are closed or all or open based on "our" statewide standards. Let me help you...while teachers and principals likely don't hold M.D.s or infectious disease specialties, schools that are/were trying to come up with safe and thoughtful plans to reopen in-person were consulting school-formed committees, boards and school parents who do have that expertise AND live in the community AND have kids in the school district. You think the state doctor who hasn't treated patients in 20 years and lives 500 miles away has a better grip on a school's capability of reopening vs. a pediatrician Mom who has two kids at the school? Yeah, ok.

Too many schools are not coming up with safe or thoughtful plans. They are doing what parents want. It is not possible to make a HS adequately safe. It isn’t. Online is the only way. The state is not relying on a state dr who hasn’t treated patients in 20 years. It is relying a the overwhelming weight of the medical evidence and a lot more than one guy. It is lunacy to let an in individual school principal making life and death decisions.

check out the video. If you were a parent with a child in a failing school, wouldnt you want options? many of these failing schools have been failing for decades which is why communities are asking for vouchers and charter schools. They want options. the customer, tax paying citizens with school aged kids want options. throwing money at them, the democrat way, hasnt worked. The money doesnt trickle down to the students. I feel you are speaking from an ivory tower. The hundreds of people on a waiting list to escape failing schools would disagree with you. Its time to put yourself in these parents and students shoes instead of white racist democrats who get massive donations from teachers unions. The good thing is even democrats are coming around, Cory booker being one. This pandemic might be the catalyst to school choice as we now see middle and upper income parents getting on waiting lists for online charter schools since they are dissatisfied with zoom distance learning. lets see what happens.
You seem very passionate about this topic. What’s your experience working in a classroom or school, again?

You seem very passionate about this topic. What’s your experience working in a classroom or school, again?
Watch the documentary on Amazon, its not about being left or right. Cory Booker is in that documentary pushing for it as well. I believe education is the best way out of poverty. When you are stuck in a school where kids barely graduate, their chances of succeeding in life is slim. Something needs to be done for these districts that most people in this forum would be scared to drive through. throwing money at the problem hasn't worked, these districts have been failing for decades. Charter schools work. Close the ones that dont work.

I don’t talk about myself, but I will say that the answers to your questions do not help you.
you can say what you want, but charter schools would not exist if parents were satisfied with the school they are zoned in. period. parents arent forced to join charter schools. they have waiting lists with willing students and parents. They must be doing something right, or public schools are doing something wrong. probably both.

you can say what you want, but charter schools would not exist if parents were satisfied with the school they are zoned in. period. parents arent forced to join charter schools. they have waiting lists with willing students and parents. They must be doing something right, or public schools are doing something wrong. probably both.
Charter schools also wouldn’t exist if schools were integrated. Why not focus on integration instead of charter schools?

Charter schools also wouldn’t exist if schools were integrated. Why not focus on integration instead of charter schools?
Why not both. Thank Joe "you aint black" Biden for keeping POC in the district they live in. Its hard to close a failing public school and fire bad teachers because of unions. Charter schools solve that problem.

Why not both. Thank Joe "you aint black" Biden for keeping POC in the district they live in. Its hard to close a failing public school and fire bad teachers because of unions. Charter schools solve that problem.
Integration is the solution. Charter schools lead to more segregation. Who you know is probably more important than what you know unfortunately. So integration helps in building a network and the 3 R’s?
Cha

That's my boy, #5. He would have been forced to go to Chaparral and be water boy. Instead, TPS allowed him the opportunity to play football and get first team all league

1595548435663.png

Last edited:
Segregation Dre? Freedom of choice. Temecula and Murrieta have great school districts. They work together and let people make choices. EOTL and Dre, you guys are way wrong on this. Why can;t you work with those who want something more down their ally? Why make this about race?

1595548641505.png

[
Watch the documentary on Amazon, its not about being left or right. Cory Booker is in that documentary pushing for it as well. I believe education is the best way out of poverty. When you are stuck in a school where kids barely graduate, their chances of succeeding in life is slim. Something needs to be done for these districts that most people in this forum would be scared to drive through. throwing money at the problem hasn't worked, these districts have been failing for decades. Charter schools work. Close the ones that dont work.
Well, it looks like you’ve got it all figured out! You have watched some TV about this.

It only goes to show it was never about slowing the spread, it was never about protecting the kids, it's all about the teachers that think they are more entitled than the McDonald's worker, the air con guy or plumber or has to go into your home, or the m's eat packing plant worker or grocery worker.
Really? Just had a plumber today fixing my shower, one person in a mask, me in a mask, distancing, in and out 35 minutes max. I am $225.00 poorer, but hey that is the price of a shower that works. Not the same. McDonald's workers are not facing customers, no in restaurant eating in, window and curb side only. The meat packers now have plastic shields separating them from each other, except for the dead animal in front of them. You sound bitter about educators and have a different agenda. No one is forcing your kids into public school. Pull them out and put them in a charter school, home school or private school if you have the big bucks. Best of luck to children.

The protect the larger public argument though goes out the window if you allow the kids to go to day care like New York and Los Angeles are doing. Then you are just doing it for the teachers.
They are trying to help the working parents with preschoolers.

Segregation Dre? Freedom of choice. Temecula and Murrieta have great school districts. They work together and let people make choices. EOTL and Dre, you guys are way wrong on this. Why can;t you work with those who want something more down their ally? Why make this about race?

View attachment 8256
It’s not just about race, I’m talking about class too.

there are many different methods and strategies to set up a middle or high school non-traditionally. yes, if you think back to your h.s. classroom, you're right, they might see 100 different kids throughout the day. But, teacher and admin faculties were proposing strategies like keeping kids in the same rooms all day, dividing schools into smaller groups (or pods), having half the school come in on Mon/Weds and the other half Tues/Thurs, keeping teachers in the front of the classroom with tape on the floor to keep all students (masked) at least 10ft away, etc. etc. Union just doesn't even want to try nor give the private/charter schools the chance to try. And Newsom gave them cover. Shameful.
So my high school kid has to sit all day with kids who don't take Ap Euro, or Ap English or honors English or advanced calc or advanced jazz ensemble? That just wouldn't work. The charter schools can take as many kids as they want and so can the privates. Oh and let's eliminate any testing for those schools to get in. After all if they are as good as they say they are, they should be able to teach all students, second language students, special needs students, those with behavior problems and students with learning disabilities. This whole situation is a nightmare because we have a government that failed the American people.

Really? Just had a plumber today fixing my shower, one person in a mask, me in a mask, distancing, in and out 35 minutes max. I am $225.00 poorer, but hey that is the price of a shower that works. Not the same. McDonald's workers are not facing customers, no in restaurant eating in, window and curb side only. The meat packers now have plastic shields separating them from each other, except for the dead animal in front of them. You sound bitter about educators and have a different agenda. No one is forcing your kids into public school. Pull them out and put them in a charter school, home school or private school if you have the big bucks. Best of luck to children.

You're not following too closely. My kid is in private school It was prepared to open with teachers that wanted to. It had a safe plan, mostly outdoors, that one of the leads in the AAP report put together and some here described as a prison. Newsom said no, so yes I'm bitter now about educators and if I had my way teacher's unions would be banned.

They are trying to help the working parents with preschoolers.

That wouldn't even make sense if the preschooler got childcare but the kindergartner didn't. But that's not what they are talking about. They are talking about putting schoolaged kids in a room and having them do their remote learning there. In a school room but without the teacher.

Back