Latest merger affiliate partnership....

I don't know how licensing agreements work, but San Pedro is located in LA County. Wouldn't LA Surf South Bay make more sense?
Or did somebody upset somebody else a few years ago and the people at the top of either group don't get along? (You stole our player. You stole our coach. Your coach yelled at my kid who was a youth referee 20 years ago. We had a tournament and your team left trash on the field)

Tryouts are normally not a joke

"Super excited to announce that my CDA Slammers South Bay teams (G08 Flight 1, G08 Flight 2, G06 Flight 2 and G02/03 Flight 1 & College Showcase Team) will be transitioning over to OC SURF NORTH - SOUTH BAY at the conclusion on this current season"
Not the G05 team? Pretty good team.

Why don't some of these coaches/teams form their own club as opposed to joining another club? What are the obstacles/roadblocks to forming their own club? They already have the team/players/field. I'm just wondering what are the advantages of joining another club?

Why don't some of these coaches/teams form their own club as opposed to joining another club? What are the obstacles/roadblocks to forming their own club? They already have the team/players/field. I'm just wondering what are the advantages of joining another club?

Some do. The obstacles are things liked forming a 401-3(c) non-profit corporation to allow entry into leagues and Cal South.

The post below was one I put on the Slammers South Bay Gone thread. I guess parents didn’t learn and will follow them to Orange County Surf of Harbor City/Wilmington North of San Pedro.

Everyone knew this was bound to happen. The Director at Slammers South Bay was making false promises to everyone just to start up a club. Having individual meetings with teams from other clubs and offering them the world with his so called college connections. He and the coaches took players from local club teams by offering flight 2 and 3 players a flight 1 spot and the parents ate it up. The teams were kicked out of several fields and even by the police at one location because they didn’t have permits. They put a sticker price that was the lowest club fee anyone had ever seen, and once the families committed they tacked on extra fees. But unfortunately as someone had mentioned earlier, this Director and the coaches will just move on to join or start another club to do the same things. Hopefully the families will learn from it, or maybe they will continue to follow them.

Some do. The obstacles are things liked forming a 401-3(c) non-profit corporation to allow entry into leagues and Cal South.

It might take a little time/effort but seems doable. I would think that getting the fields and right players would be the main obstacles but if you already have those. It's always said to find and stay with a good coach and don't worry about the club name on your jersey.

LAGSD seems to have reset their countdown clock a few weeks ago. It is now supposedly down to 10 hours. If it does not get reset again, we should know something at 6:00 PM tonight.

They are holding a launch party tonight at 7pm at Aviara Park so it looks like the announcement is a go.

They are holding a launch party tonight at 7pm at Aviara Park so it looks like the announcement is a go.

Keeping up with Liverpool?

manchester-city-logo-png-manchester-dan-full-member-590.jpg

That would certainly mess with the Surf / man city cup tournament
I could be wrong, but my suspicion is that that affiliation may be in jeopardy since Man City has changed to Puma. Many of the claimed affiliations are not direct club to club relationships, but through the kit manufacturer. Hence why Albion now claims affiliation with AC Milan (Puma) since Arsenal moved from Puma to Adidas.

My kids club was a successful small club but they didn't merge with Surf for any of then above reasons. They merged because DA & ENCL wouldn't let them into the party because they were a small club. Even though Socal Academy used to beat up on DA/ECNL teams all the time, the "Elites" wouldn't let them in. They merged with Surf and got instant DA.
When SoCal Academy merged with Surf back in February, they did not instantly get DA. That happened when Surf snuck in LA Premier through the back door in May on the Monday after the very last DA League game. LA Premier already had DA so all LA Premier had to do was change jerseys.

Back