LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

Yeah I hear you and was clowing, son is a big liverpool fan and has trained with their youth academy before and has a bunch of kits from them. Likely going back again this year for a couple weeks hopefully if the scheduling works out.
I hear you. We played “Chelsea” this year, didn’t see anything related to Chelsea other than 2 year old kits. My oldest has a lot of kits, my friends bring him kits from all the places they go for work travel - always tell them to bring back smaller club teams they see. I think my kid gets a bigger kick when someone from the city/town hits him up about where he got the kit.

Every weekend I see teams playing in Santa Ana wearing fake Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Puma and others.....affiliated? o_O

Yeah been that way for ages, son referrals to those as the "swap meet" leagues. Just about everything there are knocksoffs.

Brands are pretty big with the kids nowadays especially the limited release stuff with all the socal media promotions. My kids have jobs and spends most of there salary on clothes & shoes but only certain higher end limited brands. They track release events, spend many hours trying to get stuff, and have low key kind of clubs & group involved at some of the events.

Yeah been that way for ages, son referrals to those as the "swap meet" leagues. Just about everything there are knocksoffs.

Brands are pretty big with the kids nowadays especially the limited release stuff with all the socal media promotions. My kids have jobs and spends most of there salary on clothes & shoes but only certain higher end limited brands. They track release events, spend many hours trying to get stuff, and have low key kind of clubs & group involved at some of the events.
Yeah but the reason they wear knockoff gear? The jersey isn’t important. They just want to all look the same as a team. Sporting $75-120 buck jerseys to play in is cuckoo. My kid ‘s friends play in Sunday leagues and he joins them often. Usually a MX national team or Liga Mx team, etc. Yep, always knockoffs so they can lose the gear and it’s not a big deal. Some teams have started to print their gear with local sponsors. We all know $300 for kits is nonsense and ways for clubs to make money. I don’t knock whatever kids are wearing. A little different when they show up to school in the gear as kids will rip on one another - some kids can’t take the ribbing.. My kid use to order knockoffs of oddball clubs - he didn’t care it was off a little. End of the day whatever gets kids playing and enjoying themselves - as long as they aren’t being taken advantage of.

Yeah but the reason they wear knockoff gear? The jersey isn’t important. They just want to all look the same as a team. Sporting $75-120 buck jerseys to play in is cuckoo. My kid ‘s friends play in Sunday leagues and he joins them often. Usually a MX national team or Liga Mx team, etc. Yep, always knockoffs so they can lose the gear and it’s not a big deal. Some teams have started to print their gear with local sponsors. We all know $300 for kits is nonsense and ways for clubs to make money. I don’t knock whatever kids are wearing. A little different when they show up to school in the gear as kids will rip on one another - some kids can’t take the ribbing.. My kid use to order knockoffs of oddball clubs - he didn’t care it was off a little. End of the day whatever gets kids playing and enjoying themselves - as long as they aren’t being taken advantage of.

Big $$ in the gear business, crazy prices with some of those club kickback vendor deals.

Replica stuff is normally good quality at a lower price and some of the other brands & knockoffs are also. I'm more into quality vs brand and don't mind saving on replica or even 2nd's (blemishes) stuff before I go to knockoffs but I remember those working swap meet days when I might not have a cost alternative.

Biggest thing I noticed with the knockoffs is that they don't breathe like the real thing would.
Pretty sure they are 100% nylon and plastic
Adult indoor league I used to play in bought each team a Euro team jersey. We were Inter-Milan. After one wear, you couldn't wash the stink out of it.

Biggest thing I noticed with the knockoffs is that they don't breathe like the real thing would.
Adult indoor league I used to play in bought each team a Euro team jersey. We were Inter-Milan. After one wear, you couldn't wash the stink out of it.
I tried to buy my wife's dad (from Guatemala) a knock off Maradona jersey for his 50th bday back in 97, the year we got married. She took one look at that tag and said, "hell no, he would never forgive you for that." I kept it and my wife found the real one that was 10x more :)

my kid only wears knock off jersey, I go to downtown LA and you can get a kit of any team you like with socks, shorts , jersey and your own name and number for 22 bucks,

Those downtown vendors should start selling kids so cal club kits. $250 on soccer.com or $19.95 in LA.

I don't mind the characters & dispensaries next door but regular OC soccer mom's might not enjoy the ambiance

If club directors realized they could buy them in la for $20 and sell them to the parents for $60. The $40 difference is probably more than they get back from Nike/soccer.com

If club directors realized they could buy them in la for $20 and sell them to the parents for $60. The $40 difference is probably more than they get back from Nike/soccer.com

Well except not too many want to pedal non authentic or questionable stuff, Knockoffs, clones, stuff from China.

Althouth there are more legit places like nikys-sports.com that sell the real name brand stuff for much less than those kickback sites.

Its just the drive that sucks , there's always traffic on the 5, but all the women boutiques in OC , the owner or at least some of them buy merchandise in LA and pedal it for high dollar design crap. Personally with a kid, that 80-100 dollar jersey from dicks or soccer.com is gonna stain the same as my cheapie and my kid is gonna outgrown it in the same amount of time , chose wisely

I don't mind the characters & dispensaries next door but regular OC soccer mom's might not enjoy the ambiance
Lol, like the time I took my kid to play indoor soccer at the Anaheim Indoor and my wife was “never again”. Think the drunk dudes peeing in the corner by the fields and half the fields with no carpet might have been the deal breakers. Although she was down with the fruit vendor across the street in front of the Sports Complex.

Ones my kid was getting looked like legit Nike and Adidas gear - seemed like legit Shirts with slightly off logos or missing patches. Hell artists have knocked off own products for hundreds of years - just so they get paid. They figure if anyone is going to make extra money, it might as well be them.

I’m wondering if the affiliate program being cut has anything to do with the mothership reducing liability when an affiliate has a legal issue? Let’s say, a coach, club member or employee has a lawsuit against one of the affiliates for a just cause. Can the person with the case sue the mothership as well as the affiliate? If so, I bet a lot of these professional affiliate programs will start disappearing.

I’m wondering if the affiliate program being cut has anything to do with the mothership reducing liability when an affiliate has a legal issue? Let’s say, a coach, club member or employee has a lawsuit against one of the affiliates for a just cause. Can the person with the case sue the mothership as well as the affiliate? If so, I bet a lot of these professional affiliate programs will start disappearing.
No idea if that lawsuit would have merit, but I’m sure that someone filing a lawsuit would name anyone and everyone they could. And hope that the deepest pockets pays up.
Would this same logic apply to “affiliates” of youth clubs (Slammers, surf, etc)

Motherships 100% always looking to mitigate any liability. Don’t know what the contract look like but I’m sure LAG covered their ass. That doesn’t mean they aren’t also trying to mitigate any bad press. Even if they are only affiliates, the pro club is always going to try to avoid news leaks of things like: coaches sleeping with players parents, poor treatment of coaches, poor treatment of players, snake oil salesman rep and worse. Most Motherships get calls and emails from parents about stuff going on. So when they pull affiliations it is usually because they know affiliates are not good for their business/brand. Otherwise they would just keep using the affiliates to keep selling tickets and merch.

Back