LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

Yeah I know, but some people trust others without question - especially friends who don’t know what they are talking about
I have a new name for DA. Dumb Actors. I had some of these folks (dads) a few years ago tell me the girls will soon be able to live on academy housing at Big Club Locations all over the USA year around and train train, train, everyday train for soccer. Soccer, soccer, soccer everyday. Any way, I told this dad your nuts and no girl would ever do that but I hear their building cabins as I speak and have a list of girls who want all in soccer to go pro and YNT. Portland I hear might be building some too. Can you imagine sending your dd off to DA Academy Housing for year round training.....

I have a new name for DA. Dumb Actors. I had some of these folks (dads) a few years ago tell me the girls will soon be able to live on academy housing at Big Club Locations all over the USA year around and train train, train, everyday train for soccer. Soccer, soccer, soccer everyday. Any way, I told this dad your nuts and no girl would ever do that but I hear their building cabins as I speak and have a list of girls who want all in soccer to go pro and YNT. Portland I hear might be building some too. Can you imagine sending your dd off to DA Academy Housing for year round training.....
Yeah I know these people are nuts and won’t listen to people who have been through the nonsense or even played in other countries as Americans - what do they know? You could play in Discovery, Premier, ECNL or Flight1 Champions and save $15k-$27k. Look at the nuts in the tryout section who admit they take calls from coaches about their four year olds. Okay it was one lunatic but still these crazies out there. Unfortunately a lot of people would send there 12,13, 14+ old kid to live in other states to chase a dream they have less than 1% chance to obtain. Kid I know hasn’t seen his dad in 3 months - insane.

Yeah I know these people are nuts and won’t listen to people who have been through the nonsense or even played in other countries as Americans - what do they know? You could play in Discovery, Premier, ECNL or Flight1 Champions and save $15k-$27k. Look at the nuts in the tryout section who admit they take calls from coaches about their four year olds. Okay it was one lunatic but still these crazies out there. Unfortunately a lot of people would send there 12,13, 14+ old kid to live in other states to chase a dream they have less than 1% chance to obtain. Kid I know hasn’t seen his dad in 3 months - insane.

Doesn't IMG Academy offer DA on the girls side, and probably boys too? And its a boarding school. People from around the world send their kids there for all kinds of sports/Activities. So these nutty people you are talking about weren't all that wrong, but still probably didn't know what they were talking about.

Doesn't IMG Academy offer DA on the girls side, and probably boys too? And its a boarding school. People from around the world send their kids there for all kinds of sports/Activities. So these nutty people you are talking about weren't all that wrong, but still probably didn't know what they were talking about.
Yes but most of these kids going to these academies are 1 in Hundreds of Thousands or 1 in a Million. Kids dominating wherever they were at and so far above others they get scouted - not by just 1 or 2 local clubs. Baracelona here in North America have said they have no ambition to take any kids to Europe any time soon. Out of all the kids being sent around the world I would really like to see the percentages of those who make it to pro level in the sports they went of to play. From what I understand of the soccer academies, in Europe and here in the states, education hasn’t been the priority. Lawmakers have had to force them to abide to standards. A couple of friends who came out of top academies in Europe in the 90s said the education programs were pretty bad and the coaches ignored anything that wasn’t about soccer

Anyone know if this was something that MLS is forcing on the Galaxy?
Wouldn’t it be interesting if LAFC came in and took them over. They’ve already created a big fan base.

Anyone know if this was something that MLS is forcing on the Galaxy?
Wouldn’t it be interesting if LAFC came in and took them over. They’ve already created a big fan base.

LAFC doesn't want to be in the club soccer "non-profit" business.

No MLS is not forcing, the trend is new clubs only in DA but several existing ones still have regular club teams.

LAFC doesn't want to be in the club soccer "non-profit" business.

No MLS is not forcing, the trend is new clubs only in DA but several existing ones still have regular club teams.
LAFC is currently in the ECNL business due to their Slammers affiliation. And Slammers affiliated with LAFC so they could get DA. Then they went all in with ECNL.

If they were to combine, I would think LAGSD would absorb SDSC. Since their geographical locations are so far about, I think that is highly unlikely however.
Interesting idea. LAGSD is going to be left with no recognizable name, SDSC has the DOC name recognition in BQ and connections with D1 soccer at USD. They are loosely in the same area, have a similar clientele, seem to swap players back and forth each year. Resulting club would have the combined DA of both clubs and be a real counter to Surf.

Interesting idea. LAGSD is going to be left with no recognizable name, SDSC has the DOC name recognition in BQ and connections with D1 soccer at USD. They are loosely in the same area, have a similar clientele, seem to swap players back and forth each year. Resulting club would have the combined DA of both clubs and be a real counter to Surf.
We live in Carlsbad and my DD previously played for LAGSD. She played at SD Force for 1 year. SD Force shares use of 4S Ranch fields with SDSC. You may be correct on every other point, but having done the drive from Carlsbad to 4S Ranch for a year, I disagree that they are "...loosely in the same area..." There is no fast way to get from Carlsbad to 4S Ranch. Maybe they trade players back and forth on the boys side, but I do not see it on the girl's side.

LAFC is currently in the ECNL business due to their Slammers affiliation. And Slammers affiliated with LAFC so they could get DA. Then they went all in with ECNL.

Slammers is in the club soccer business not LAFC and they don't have a affiliate deal with them. What they have is a agreement to use the LAFC name that will expire soon. Will LAFC renewal this agreement?

LAFC has explored and been approached by several clubs most notably TFA on the boys side on affiliation and there been some talks but they don't want to get into the affiliation business now or in the near future. DA and USL evenutally and a women's professional team but don't look for them to get into the affliation or youth club soccer business beyond that.

We live in Carlsbad and my DD previously played for LAGSD. She played at SD Force for 1 year. SD Force shares use of 4S Ranch fields with SDSC. You may be correct on every other point, but having done the drive from Carlsbad to 4S Ranch for a year, I disagree that they are "...loosely in the same area..." There is no fast way to get from Carlsbad to 4S Ranch. Maybe they trade players back and forth on the boys side, but I do not see it on the girl's side.

Yeah I'd agree with this. Carlsbad is too far from RB/4S/PQ/Poway for most people to consider it a similar area, especially with traffic. A SD Force and SDSC combination would make the most sense, but I don't see that ever happening unless the Ocampos decide to hang it up and move on to something else. The only way I could see a partnership happening is if doing so provided additional consideration for access to an elite pathway league such as ECNL.

I just don't see that happening, but I could be wrong. Those clubs can barely manage what they have and if they combined straight across they would have as many as 14 teams at an age group.

Although I have no dog in the fight, I'd like to see them go back to Carlsbad United and build a strong community base. I think strong community clubs benefit youth soccer more than Uber clubs.

I just don't see that happening, but I could be wrong. Those clubs can barely manage what they have and if they combined straight across they would have as many as 14 teams at an age group.

Although I have no dog in the fight, I'd like to see them go back to Carlsbad United and build a strong community base. I think strong community clubs benefit youth soccer more than Uber clubs.
What I heard from a LAGSD coach is that there will be a new name. Something about "...moving forward, not back."

Back