Is Surf Cup happening?

What if a coach ( GDA or ECNL) tell you " We have to evaluate your daughter because she's switched multiple clubs which is a major concern" and then comes back and says " Well your dd is ok and will become better if she sticks with it. I see her as a solid 3rd off the bench player but not a starter". How would you respond?
I would call coach Buck for advice and my dd would respond by saying, "this sucks, I want to play." I would go look for a place where her play is better suited so she can play. My dd has to play in the game or its a complete waste of her time. Not all kids are created equal. Some have more talent than others and that's ok too :) I saw the Docs telling parents they saw something in their player. I personally saw a BMW and Mercedes and that alone is a way to improve one's spot on the team. That is what made me mad the most in the last three years.

Last edited:
No, my dd helps and will help her next teams win championships dude. Look at this medal. One of my dd all time favs :)

View attachment 8273
Your pulling out 2$ metals now! I can see in this photo you have white carpet and a dog that sheds!!
Seriously! Stop with the medal! Next your going to post a picture of your Blues, Beach team winning the championship trophy! I think you are in the way of your goats success. She’s old enough where you can step aside!!

I will say Surf Cup was the Grand daddy of them all before they expanded and forced you all to stay in the hotel across the street from Socal Sports Park. My dd played in the last real "best of the best" and they won it all in 2015 and she is 100% stoked on that accomplishment. That was with her old Blues team and the great Tad and the Gaffer before the horrible age change. Surf Cup changed the format in 2016 from the old "best of the best" to super black and super white I think. Those names would be weird today....lol! The reason we lost to Barcelona ((MLVA)) was because our coach said we had to play in some EGSL event and Surf Cup was not what we go for anymore. We almost skipped the tournament. They said it was more important for the younger kids. Anyway, we lost to them and never got a chance for revenge at Far West Regionals. The team was new and would go on and win the Natty. Surf and her team was just starting to jell, like all championship teams need to do. I think we were truly the #1 team in 2017 :)

The Scoop on the Flights: This year the competition was incredibly tough at the San Diego Surf Cup — with multiple flights, teams faced tough competition across the board. The Order of Flights: Super Black, Super White, Black, White. The number of teams in each bracket differed and ranged from 8 teams to 16 teams for’s the Older weekend and for the Younger’s, there were a few flights with 20 teams, plus the USSDA Divisons for the Boys in which the 2002, 2003 and 2004 USSF Development Academy teams competed. Not all age groups had all flights.

I will say Surf Cup was the Grand daddy of them all before they expanded and forced you all to stay in the hotel across the street from Socal Sports Park. My dd played in the last real "best of the best" and they won it all in 2015 and she is 100% stoked on that accomplishment. That was with her old Blues team and the great Tad and the Gaffer before the horrible age change. Surf Cup changed the format in 2016 from the old "best of the best" to super black and super white I think. Those names would be weird today....lol! The reason we lost to Barcelona ((MLVA)) was because our coach said we had to play in some EGSL event and Surf Cup was not what we go for anymore. We almost skipped the tournament. They said it was more important for the younger kids. Anyway, we lost to them and never got a chance for revenge at Far West Regionals. The team was new and would go on and win the Natty. Surf and her team was just starting to jell, like all championship teams need to do. I think we were truly the #1 team in 2017 :)
"We"?

It might bring them down... but that's not what you want. If you can't ask a Covid patient if they've been rioting, because it's "racist", how can you trust anything? We can't have soccer or eat at a restaurant... but it's okay to go without a mask if you're painting graffiti in the streets, burning down buildings or launching bricks at cops.

You libtards must be so proud!
Masks and distancing WILL bring it down (not might). Everybody on this forum wants numbers down so that we can return to soccer. I believe everybody should be wearing masks and distancing. Do you?

The road to the final four Outlaw and Bushman ((lol, dont take me serious)) is the greatest feeling ever. My dd was not riding the pine either or carrying anyone's suitcase. She was scoring goals :) BTW, I have three dogs. Isis is German Shepherd and is my protection if someone gets in my master bedroom. Oreo is a mix mutt I rescued with my dd in Pomona and she will bark your ears off and will give us a heads up if the mob shows up to kill us.

Road to the final four.jpg

Last edited:
What if a coach ( GDA or ECNL) tell you " We have to evaluate your daughter because she's switched multiple clubs which is a major concern" and then comes back and says " Well your dd is ok and will become better if she sticks with it. I see her as a solid 3rd off the bench player but not a starter". How would you respond?
I get the point you are making but no coach ever cares how many clubs you have been at and most don't keep track. If you are talented or even have potential, they will always accept the player. Unless the parents are too much to deal with, that is the only time I have heard or seen a coach turn down a player. There is no such thing as loyalty in club soccer, go to wherever is the best opportunity for your player.

Masks and distancing WILL bring it down (not might). Everybody on this forum wants numbers down so that we can return to soccer. I believe everybody should be wearing masks and distancing. Do you?

No, not necessarily because you can't depend on the accuracy of any number we've been given. I don't believe we have any idea about what it will or won't do. And honestly, it doesn't matter because there will be people of all shapes, colors and party affiliations that won't wear them.

I get the point you are making but no coach ever cares how many clubs you have been at and most don't keep track. If you are talented or even have potential, they will always accept the player. Unless the parents are too much to deal with, that is the only time I have heard or seen a coach turn down a player. There is no such thing as loyalty in club soccer, go to wherever is the best opportunity for your player.

That's usually the reason a player keeps changing clubs.

Or, what would the other reasons be Outlaw?

Kids may look to play for a more visible club once they're older, or perhaps you've been a starter at a club for 3 years and suddenly you inherit a coach that doesn't value you like previous coaches. There are plenty of reasons, Spicoli, but if your kid is 16 and has changed clubs 4-5 times... you don't need a new club... you need a mirror.

Kids may look to play for a more visible club once they're older, or perhaps you've been a starter at a club for 3 years and suddenly you inherit a coach that doesn't value you like previous coaches. There are plenty of reasons, Spicoli, but if your kid is 16 and has changed clubs 4-5 times... you don't need a new club... you need a mirror.
I have a mirror to sell everyone. Let's see. Age change 2016, new uniform #2 for many. Then the old switch a roo for some and another uniform (#3). Then some say hs will be ok for all and then it's a no, new uniform (#4) and then the Corona virus and no more gda. New uniform (#5) or should I have had the little 16 year old goal scorer, who bounced around more times then Matt Satirs in MLB, stay with her old club to be loyal?

1595627945997.png

There is nothing wrong with changing clubs. Sometimes a kid wants to level up and play ECNL or GDA or whatever. Sometimes a player wants to take a step back, play other sports, reduce commute, Concentrate on academics, etc. It doesn’t matter what the reason. Do what’s right for the player and the family.

There is nothing wrong with changing clubs. Sometimes a kid wants to level up and play ECNL or GDA or whatever. Sometimes a player wants to take a step back, play other sports, reduce commute, Concentrate on academics, etc. It doesn’t matter what the reason. Do what’s right for the player and the family.
Can you please tell that to everyone again? My poor dd and I got an ear full of garbage from some clubs all because she wanted to play hs soccer. The nerve of some. Then you got this clown Outlaw saying mean things about blacks and then say's if your dd is 16 ((that was for her and she read it)) and has moved 4-5 times then she should look in the mirror. No, the liars need go look in the mirrors, not a 16 year old. She made every change on her own except for one. Outlaw and EOTL should go hang out forever, seriously, you two make a great pair. Making fun of a 16 year old girl. Loserville!!! I will allow her to come on here before she turns 18 I think. She has some questions for Outlaw and EOTL.

No, not necessarily because you can't depend on the accuracy of any number we've been given. I don't believe we have any idea about what it will or won't do. And honestly, it doesn't matter because there will be people of all shapes, colors and party affiliations that won't wear them.
We actually do know that masks and distancing will bring numbers down. Without getting the numbers down we won't be able to return to soccer and open up businesses. Again...for the anti-masker Trump supporters...do you want the liberty of not wearing a mask or do you want things to re-open sooner and help your president's re-election chances? You can't have both.

We actually do know that masks and distancing will bring numbers down. Without getting the numbers down we won't be able to return to soccer and open up businesses. Again...for the anti-masker Trump supporters...do you want the liberty of not wearing a mask or do you want things to re-open sooner and help your president's re-election chances? You can't have both.
Wear the mask to make peace with everyone. It's time we all wear a mask. I would also highly recommend you stay away from anyone in their 60s or higher and anyone with underlying health conditions. Plus, 6 feet. Bingo, let's play. I'm good now to ticket anyone caught without wearing a mask. $100 first time, $500 second time and then $10,000 third time. I went to home depot yesterday and forgot my mask and went home and havent gone back.

Can you please tell that to everyone again? My poor dd and I got an ear full of garbage from some clubs all because she wanted to play hs soccer. The nerve of some. Then you got this clown Outlaw saying mean things about blacks and then say's if your dd is 16 ((that was for her and she read it)) and has moved 4-5 times then she should look in the mirror. No, the liars need go look in the mirrors, not a 16 year old. She made every change on her own except for one. Outlaw and EOTL should go hang out forever, seriously, you two make a great pair. Making fun of a 16 year old girl. Loserville!!! I will allow her to come on here before she turns 18 I think. She has some questions for Outlaw and EOTL.

What did I say about blacks that is mean? And who made fun of a 16-year old girl? You're the one that just said you changed clubs because of an age change

No, we really don't, because cases can "spike upward" just because we did more testing. It's ridiculous. And I continue to hear from people that say they tested positive when they never even made it to the test. Lost tests... duplicated tests... people in hospice dying and counted as Covid. That piece of shit, George Floyd, died while he had Covid. Guess what they counted him as? Wasn't the fentanyl, wasn't the meth, wasn't the weed, wasn't the THC, wasn't the cop... it was Covid. C'mon.

Sorry... don't talk to me about Trump supporters when I see rioters on the news, every single night, not wearing masks and distancing.

Back