Is DA done?

Posted on ECNL website:
ECNL Boys Announces 6 New Member Clubs in Southern California for 2020-2021
RICHMOND, VA (April 15, 2020) – The ECNL Boys is excited to announce that Arsenal, FC Golden State, Pateadores, Real So Cal, San Diego Surf, and Strikers FC will join the league in the 2020-2021 season as members of the Southwest Conference.
Besides Albion, City, and Nomads, that also means Rebels got left hanging in the San Diego area. Means no south county option. Everyone will have to drive to Del Mar and either turn right off Del Mar Heights Road or turn left.

Here you go.....

The Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) Boys is excited to announce that Arsenal FC USA, F.C. Golden State Pateadores Soccer Club, Real So Cal Soccer Club, San Diego Surf Soccer Club and Strikers FC Irvine will join the league in the 2020-2021 season as members of the Southwest Conference.

Just looking at the 06 age group, this means that the SW conference could include 9 former DA teams in SoCal alone (Arsenal, FCGS, Pats, RSC, SD Surf, Strikers, LA Surf, OC Surf, and Legends - assuming that the DA teams effectively replace the ECNL teams for the clubs that had both last year - FCGS, LA Surf, and Legends). Only Socal DA teams not included (other than the MLS teams) are TFA, Santa Barbara, VC Fusion, and LAUFA in LA and Albion, Murrieta Surf, LAG SD (City), and Nomads in San Diego, but it's not clear ECNL is done yet.

Besides Albion, City, and Nomads, that also means Rebels got left hanging in the San Diego area. Means no south county option. Everyone will have to drive to Del Mar and either turn right off Del Mar Heights Road or turn left.

According to our club's email the Southwestern DA clubs are trying to put together a 10 month program. We shall see.

I think its a mistake not to include a south county option with either CV FC/DV7 or Rebels. What's the over/under of how many parents are going to call Sharks for a tryout? I'll put it at 100.

According to our club's email the Southwestern DA clubs are trying to put together a 10 month program. We shall see.

I think its a mistake not to include a south county option with either CV FC/DV7 or Rebels. What's the over/under of how many parents are going to call Sharks for a tryout? I'll put it at 100.
I know Rebels applied to get the boys and haven't heard yet. Maybe there is still an announcement to come. There are a lot of south county parents crossing their fingers.

ECNL program is already a 10 month season, what would they be trying to add?????

Also, the last line of the ECNL announcement indicates there will be additional teams added to ECNL

"Additional new clubs for the ECNL Boys 2020-2021 season will be announced in the coming days."

FCGS jumped the gun on press release. The rest are waiting to post theirs. This also is happening in PNW, TX, CO, FL... Some great new changes to ECNL as well to make this happen. I'll elaborate in a minute.

They were already in ECNL previously

Pat's decided they need to get in ECNL also to keep up with Jones I guess but I didn't see they need for them to do so since they were already in NPL but got to keep the $$ rolling in or something.

If I’m at Albion or nomads or whoever I’d sit tight. You still have a good team and will play in a good league. College coaches come to the big tournaments. You’re fine. Ecnl is just another league. Lots of good teams not in it.

Yeah good for those clubs,

Your now1-3 as Pat's decided they wanted in. GS was already in and no MLS so your average is .333 which is not bad for MLB.

GS DA wasn't but now they are. They'll have 2 teams. You'll see. No hard feelings. They've joined
I was a little confused about that as well. I see FCGS already has a team in ECNL SW division, but somehow they were also included in this morning's PR as one of the six additional new clubs.

This is a fantastic post and such a great suggestion. I would only add the wrinkle that MLS was never really on the same page as US Soccer in terms of the mission (US Soccer is a non-profit with no authority over the wealthy owners of MLS teams) of developing kids for USMNT...which is probably why MLS is going its own way now. If there was a unified structure where your pro/rel league included USL teams in smaller markets and places where there is no pro team (Phoenix, San Diego, Sacramento), it may really winnow the best to the top while giving so many other excellent players specific goals and professional training.

Agreed about USL teams in smaller markets; great idea. We have to move to what Europe does and eliminate the politics. I spent some time over there talking to one of the leading youth academy directors. He told me flat out that our country and we had so much potential but we were ruining it with politics.

I don't get it. Why are they announcing FCGS as a new club if they already were in ECNL? Does that mean FCGS will have two teams per age group or something?

Also, I was hopping Eagles would get in as well.

Boys ECNL just announced some former-DA clubs joining as well.

Elvis is dead too

GS DA wasn't but now they are. They'll have 2 teams. You'll see. No hard feelings. They've joined

All 3 points are on point

Nice try but not even close you got a single with the pats and that about that.

Well that's like saying Boeing Max is being put back in service since other models are still flying.

Whatever DA teams played on the past are just that. New season new teams new players new coaches in case you don't follow along. 2-3 or more teams doesn't change that.

Nice try but not even close you got a single with the pats and that about that.

Well that's like saying Boeing Max is being put back in service since other models are still flying.

Whatever DA teams played on the past are just that. New season new teams new players new coaches in case you don't follow along. 2-3 or more teams doesn't change that.

Ok. You’ll see

Back