Is DA done?

SBFDad

SILVER ELITE
New rumors coming out today that DA is considering disbanding, both boys and girls. All club-based academies to shift to ECNL. MLS academies going their own way. I have very few details, but heard this from several solid sources today. Anyone out there that can shed some light?

appears to be a done deal
tough for some, but will finally allow MLS academies to prosper and concentrate the talent
on the other hand, will change high school soccer in the US

appears to be a done deal
tough for some, but will finally allow MLS academies to prosper and concentrate the talent
on the other hand, will change high school soccer in the US

To be fair, an MLS-only program will concentrate the talent from less than half the population of the USA.

For the 19-20' season yes ussda is done.

For 20-21' restructure coming....USL A for the boys is going to start up. However, their intiall plan was to have 1 team per club (u15-18). Move up to USL 2 if you're good enough

With USL you can still sign an amateur contract and have college, high school or other eligibility still.

Still leaves some gaps for age year players so other leagues like ECNL may pick up some of the pieces but not a wholesale move. Usclub national premier leagues (NPL's) will get some teams / players also.

Will ussda still have some sort of boys programming, yes but not like before. Traditional fall season for 20-21'? Doubtful at this point but they may still have some cups, showcase, or tournaments I would guess.

IMO- if you have a HS age kid not on a DA team and want to play at the next level ECNL should be the only way to go now. Colleges are going to take a wait and see approach to another new league. The ECNL model is known, respected and doesn’t have to sell itself like USL will.

IMO- if you have a HS age kid not on a DA team and want to play at the next level ECNL should be the only way to go now. Colleges are going to take a wait and see approach to another new league. The ECNL model is known, respected and doesn’t have to sell itself like USL will.

For the girls ecnl has been a good way to get college notice. Up until now with the boys not so much, it's relatively new and we haven't heard of any socal commitments of note due to being affiliated with that league.

The two local UCLA recuits for class or 2024,25 played da or regular club/ HS when they committed.

College coaches have lots of avenues where players can be seen, da has been one of those and there was upwords of 80 coaches at the playoffs.

Colleges only play a short season so the coaches & players play usl, upsl, and other places to get in a full season.

I dunno if the writing is on the wall but:

#ProRelForUSA @ProRelForUSA
BREAKING: The largest national league is about to fail. This is reminder that in an open system based on merit, clubs may fail but leagues typically do not. #USSF continue to drop the ball in regards to governance and management of the sport’s infrastructure. #ProRelForUSA

We need Adam Shift and Diane to run one their investigations about this disaster. This one might be something to look at. I want to know how this all got started in the first place. This was not professional and did not have the girls best interest in mine at all. Just had their hands in our pockets. The roll out was full of lies and mis statements and parents were made to believe their average rec player can be "world class" one day. That is BS!!! They watered down the GDA and signed up so many players that their is no way all of them would be "world-class". Elite was not good enough anymore. Now you have to be developed. BS!!!! They played us all to be fools. Damm fools!!!

For the girls ecnl has been a good way to get college notice. Up until now with the boys not so much, it's relatively new and we haven't heard of any socal commitments of note due to being affiliated with that league.

The two local UCLA recuits for class or 2024,25 played da or regular club/ HS when they committed.

College coaches have lots of avenues where players can be seen, da has been one of those and there was upwords of 80 coaches at the playoffs.

Colleges only play a short season so the coaches & players play usl, upsl, and other places to get in a full season.

That was the ECNL boys of 2 years ago when it was new. After several DA teams brought most of their DA players to the ECNL/NPL playoffs that reputation changed as the ECNL boys teams showed very well. There were min 20 college coaches at every boys ECNL showcase game in Vegas in Nov. and I know several 03 boys that already have offers to D1 colleges and many top academic schools as well. Just like any new league etc they had to earn their stripes and the colleges see the ECNL boys side as a worthwhile place to look for talent.

one D1 college coach said they are seeing better talent coming from many of the ECNL player pools than the non MLS DA programs- he also said he likes seeing seeing the boys in a HS setting and that was a big knock on DA from the beginning. Another thing that was interesting is he brought up the fact that the Galaxy school model isn’t working well as lots of those boys are struggling in a college setting so they are pretty Leary about recruiting kids to their program despite that players talent.

The time my DA kid played. DA was much faster, higher level play. Why would they drop it? They need to come up with a plan a stick it out.

In defense of DEGuy, it really is the only true Avatar a person with that name could pick.
Y'all are all just jealous of my Avatar. Elite Ultra Development Real Barca United Academy FC Escuela of the World. My club logo. #winning
Although that guy who was all about WAR FC for a while seemed pretty hard core. He gets nominated for #2 club names.

To stay on subject... lol. Nothing official on DA yet today. Ton of speculation. I can see it going either way. Based on those I've talked with, I'd expect some answers relatively soon... but wouldn't surprise me to see everyone wait till after tryouts and signed contracts. haha.

More than one DOC has sent emails about this rumor. They say it's merely a rumor and they will keep us updated.

More than one DOC has sent emails about this rumor. They say it's merely a rumor and they will keep us updated.
Interesting- I know of one club that had a emergency meeting regarding the situation. Spoke to a coach who was in that meeting

Back