Guidance are not for everyone

AZ league schedules go up Aug 17. Late Aug or early Sept start date.

Tournaments start up end of Aug/early Sept as well.
With the likelihood of travel to CA being next to zero for the fall, have they figured out what the letter leagues (ECNL,GA,MLS, ABCDE, FGHI) are going to do? Are they only going to play teams within their own leagues or are they considering friendlies across leagues?

What are the GAL, DPL , ECNL and MLS in teams in AZ going to do? 70% of their league is in lockdown? Go to Texas? I think NV and Utah will have some tournaments but with no league play that leaves a ton of open dates. Kids going to sub down to APL just to get playing time?
Oops, should have looked at your post first, I just asked the same question

What are the GAL, DPL , ECNL and MLS in teams in AZ going to do? 70% of their league is in lockdown? Go to Texas? I think NV and Utah will have some tournaments but with no league play that leaves a ton of open dates. Kids going to sub down to APL just to get playing time?
That actually is the big question.

I suspect if CA stays closed we will see some of the following:

- playing in local tournaments
- possible scrimmages vs other clubs in the area
- playing the few games we can in league vs AZ and NV teams.

I dont think you are going to see these clubs having their players play on APL. They get better practice scrimmaging vs the age groups above and below them in the club to be honest.

Not sure I see a direct link between college sports not having a fall season and youth sports. If these other states are open and not having any issues with youth sports why not CA. Who knows with this state.

We will likely continue to see an increase in the types of privately organized scrimmages/games this post first started from. I don’t see teams/parents/coaches settling for just practicing from now until the end of the year.

But that's a real problem from a policy perspective. Because if CalSouth doesn't crack the whip, others will begin to copy because there are no negative consequences . That in turn will pressure other clubs to start scrimmaging because of a) the fear of falling behind,, b) parents complaining "well team x y z is practicing", and c) the frustration from the kids who see their friends practicing but they can't will bring morale down really low. In the end, either everyone has to be in the pool or everyone has to be out of it...CalSouth has to decide which...if it allows stuff like this to happen they will signal (even by their silence) everyone should be in the pool and they risk whatever governmental consequences might come their way.

California currently requires a 6 ft space separation and a stable cohort for youth sports. No games, scrimmages or tournaments. I don't see our amazing governor changing this prior to the November election. Remember we live in a Blue state. That means no college or youth sports.

Not sure I see a direct link between college sports not having a fall season and youth sports. If these other states are open and not having any issues with youth sports why not CA. Who knows with this state.
I really hope that I am wrong but I think the direct link (reason) is this one.

Also the growth of covid cases is growing significantly with the 0-17 age group. I believe it’s like a150% growth in July. Also about 70 deaths of minors across the country. I don’t recall the exact number.

The governor doesn't believe a quarantine is truly necessary... he's sending his kids to an open private school everyday. So yeah... the "guidance" is apparently not for him, either. That said... he's paid by the people and works for the people. There needs to be continued pressure and that includes watching what other states do successfully.

Also the growth of covid cases is growing significantly with the 0-17 age group. I believe it’s like a150% growth in July. Also about 70 deaths of minors across the country. I don’t recall the exact number.

... and there's this. We haven't talked about it much but the irony isn't lost on the reporting source.

I don’t want to go searching for links but their is plenty of data showing children are not at significant risk from this virus. I am not willing to accept locking my kid down for months at a time because of the extremely small risk. Might as well lock them up during flu season as well using this logic.

Any idea what restrictions they will have? I know STX mentioned some of the conditions they enforce for there games and tournaments.

If it helps somebody somewhere in setting up games, here were the guidelines last weekend. They were strictly followed by most everyone....

The following guidelines will be implemented at all locations in an effort to ensure the safety of all participants and spectators.

Guidelines are subject to change.
Any changes will updated online and shared with teams and managers.

 All participants (coaches, spectators, staff, volunteers and any other persons on the complex) are REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS or face coverings.
 All players and referees are required to wear masks to and from the fields. Masks may be removed for warm up and during the games.
 Teams and their spectators will sit on the same side of the field. The opposing team will be on the opposite side of the field. Home team on east/north side, and away team on west/south side. Spectators set up on two ends of field to allow for the team to be at center of field.
 Adhere to social distancing guidelines of minimum 6 feet between each other.
 Players are to remain in vehicles until 30 minutes before scheduled games. Parents and spectators are to remain in the vehicle until 5 minutes before scheduled games.
 Upon completion of the scheduled game, we ask that all players and spectators leave the complex immediately. No team meetings to be held at the fields after the game.
 Teams should limit spectators attending games to 2 persons per player to avoid over-crowding in the spectator area.
 Spectators are responsible for their own seating at each location.
 Teams must bring their own seating, water bottles, hand sanitizer and cooling towels. (No player seating provided)

*Staff and volunteers will be at each complex to assist in implementing the above guidelines. We ask all participants and spectators to be respectful of those persons who are asking individuals to adhere to safety protocol. We appreciate your participation in this event and your compliance to all guidelines.

Point proven from the official blues dad! First, if a blues coach is having scrimmages and not following the rules, he's part of the club so therefore blues is is not following the rules. I promise you that "blues leadership" know what's going on. Also, I love how you want to call out a rival club when your club is doing the exact thing you are accusing them of doing. I am still pretty sure you have a kid on that team or you are completely clueless.
Wrong. Slammers had a full page dedicated to signing up for training and signing waivers on their site. West Coast posted it on their Instagram, even congratulating themselves for circumventing the governor's orders. The Blues leadership has sent an email to all the families saying it was a no go. That is a massive difference in leadership. WC and Slammers leaders are pushing the training. Blues is not. So one coach going rogue (if it is even a blues team since no one is naming them) is very different.

Wrong. Slammers had a full page dedicated to signing up for training and signing waivers on their site. West Coast posted it on their Instagram, even congratulating themselves for circumventing the governor's orders. The Blues leadership has sent an email to all the families saying it was a no go. That is a massive difference in leadership. WC and Slammers leaders are pushing the training. Blues is not. So one coach going rogue (if it is even a blues team since no one is naming them) is very different.
So you are finally admitting that you found out who the coach is. Before it was "blues would never ever do that, we are the blues" to now it's "well it's only one coach". Even though there are pictures on here of another blues coach holding a "best of best" camp for youngers. you might be a stand up guy and dad of the year but just because your kid plays for blues, doesn't make them the world's greatest club that doesn't ever break rules.

So you are finally admitting that you found out who the coach is. Before it was "blues would never ever do that, we are the blues" to now it's "well it's only one coach". Even though there are pictures on here of another blues coach holding a "best of best" camp for youngers. you might be a stand up guy and dad of the year but just because your kid plays for blues, doesn't make them the world's greatest club that doesn't ever break rules.
You guys are little kids. Who cares!!!’ We are not playing soccer anytime soon. Many teams are breaking the rules and there’s no penalties to be given. If you break the rules just own it.

I see 2 Blues coaches on that picture, not 1. They even sporting Puma gear, besides those big bellies of course!

Back