Guidance are not for everyone

if you are that concerned about the virus. stay home. don't go for walks and tattle on other people trying to live their life. wasnt my kid's club but i appreciate whomever set up the scrimmages. let these kid's find some normalcy. I would let my kid play in a heartbeat.
We are that concerned that you will spread the virus and make it worse.

Think of it as having a neighbor who insists on leaving the lid off his trash, and insults you when you mention the rat problem.

We are that concerned that you will spread the virus and make it worse.

Think of it as having a neighbor who insists on leaving the lid off his trash, and insults you when you mention the rat problem.
Or neighbor with barking dogs and wont shut them up. A good neighbor will put lid on for their neighbor. What does this have to do with little kids playing a soccer game? I'm safer at the Great Park then any other place in OC imo.

Or neighbor with barking dogs and wont shut them up. A good neighbor will put lid on for their neighbor. What does this have to do with little kids playing a soccer game? I'm safer at the Great Park then any other place in OC imo.
My point is that, in a pandemic, my behavior affects your risk. And vice versa.

If the soccer game is a significant risk for spreading the virus, then it is a public health risk and should be illegal.

If the soccer game is not a risk for spreading the virus, then it is not a public health risk and should be legal.

But this is a scientific question, not a personal choice question. Personal choice has nothing to do with it. You want to smoke banana peels? Go for it. Your body. You want to hold a party? Wait for a vaccine. I dont want your party increasing my risk.

If the soccer game is a significant risk for spreading the virus, then it is a public health risk and should be illegal.

If the soccer game is not a risk for spreading the virus, then it is not a public health risk and should be legal.

But this is a scientific question, not a personal choice question. Personal choice has nothing to do with it. You want to smoke banana peels? Go for it. Your body. You want to hold a party? Wait for a vaccine. I dont want your party increasing my risk.
So ANY and ALL activities that represents a “significant” risk should be ban, including mass gatherings (20+ppl I believe is the defined #) of ANY kind, for ANY reason, is that how this is to be interpreted?

Last edited:

No documented cases from any of the European soccer leagues or MLS or adult leagues or any sports. And don’t put out one off cases. It’s 6 months in and nothing that shows it transmits in a scrimmage.

No documented cases from any of the European soccer leagues or MLS or adult leagues or any sports. And don’t put out one off cases. It’s 6 months in and nothing that shows it transmits in a scrimmage.
MLS is in a bubble. All other pro leagues get constant testing.
Before the bubble, of course, Nashville and Dallas had to cancel because of team spreading.

I’m not aware of any “adult leagues” going on.

Fair point. Scrimmaging/games don't seem to transmit BUT the Tier 1 pro teams all had massive amounts of regular testing to eliminate cases upfront, and then very controlled environments subsequently to stay clean. If we had the same volume of testing available and rigorous post test protocols, likely could have the same results. BUT we don't, so apples to oranges comparison. BUT intuitively makes sense, so fingers crossed.

That is too funny. When i was helping some teens get off drugs back in the day, one of them confessed to smoking banana peels and he said it did nothing to him except to say to himself, "I have a problem." This is so lame and you know it. I will say in March i thought Millions would die and I had some panic in me if I were to be truthful. 6 months later the results are in. Let the kids play some ball and let dad enjoy the last year of his dd life in peace. I feel bad for the class of 2020 and 2021. This wont be forgotten, that's for sure.

Fair point. Scrimmaging/games don't seem to transmit BUT the Tier 1 pro teams all had massive amounts of regular testing to eliminate cases upfront, and then very controlled environments subsequently to stay clean. If we had the same volume of testing available and rigorous post test protocols, likely could have the same results. BUT we don't, so apples to oranges comparison. BUT intuitively makes sense, so fingers crossed.
Last night I watched two lacrosse teams with very young kids scrimmaging/practicing against each other. It very much reminded me of the bumblebee soccer when my kid was younger. At times it seems the entire two teams were within six feet of each other :).

If outdoor soccer does contribute to transmission of the virus, it's more likely to occur at the U-little level with the bumblebee style and the small fields than at the pro/college/HS levels.

A shout out to my sweet dd. She passed her Drivers test on the first try and the instructor told us, "best driver of the day hands down. A little on the offense side of things but very confident." So were going to go eat some grub and celebrate this evening at a killer outdoor restaurant on da beach. I'm so proud of her. She will from now on be taking herself to Great Park, hallelujah, PTL :). Plus, I dont have to risk catching the virus at GP anymore and giving it to others so it's a win win all around. I feel I'm ready for the next level of soccer parent.

That's not entirely true. MLS 2 had players/teams get shut down and multiple MLS teams were prevented from playing in Orlando because of infection.

That is too funny. When i was helping some teens get off drugs back in the day, one of them confessed to smoking banana peels and he said it did nothing to him except to say to himself, "I have a problem." This is so lame and you know it. I will say in March i thought Millions would die and I had some panic in me if I were to be truthful. 6 months later the results are in. Let the kids play some ball and let dad enjoy the last year of his dd life in peace. I feel bad for the class of 2020 and 2021. This wont be forgotten, that's for sure.
You thought "millions would die?" Where are you getting your information?
The prognostications were from 250,000-1.1 million if we blew it and that's exactly where we are going.

You thought "millions would die?" Where are you getting your information?
The prognostications were from 250,000-1.1 million if we blew it and that's exactly where we are going.

Gavin The Great said...

Gavin The Great said...

The numbers coming out of Cali is all over the place and are way higher then reported. Some health official resigned over it. Governor said the buck stops with him and he will get this all fixed. They are working on fixing the back log of all the positive case. Outlaw, you need to trust and just relax. Governor spoke today and he's working on a plan. I caught the last 5 minutes of his presser. Did he talk about youth sports?

Back