Guidance are not for everyone

Eagle33

PREMIER
This Saturday my buddy sent me a video of 2 youth teams playing normal scrimmage game. Parents on sidelines, referee, hi-pod video. Same teams showed up on Sunday before getting kicked out by the city. They claimed they had a permit to use the field (of course they didn't, since no permits were issued).
99% of clubs adhering to State guidance and running distance training, limited number of players, no scrimmaging, no games, etc. Some just started training.
Meanwhile there are clubs/teams that obviously don't care about all this and do as they please.
I don't believe kids should be punished, but I do believe those coaches and admins should be banned for doing this.

c07f7d35788c66fa6026e1e39c9c8923.jpg

This Saturday my buddy sent me a video of 2 youth teams playing normal scrimmage game. Parents on sidelines, referee, hi-pod video. Same teams showed up on Sunday before getting kicked out by the city. They claimed they had a permit to use the field (of course they didn't, since no permits were issued).
99% of clubs adhering to State guidance and running distance training, limited number of players, no scrimmaging, no games, etc. Some just started training.
Meanwhile there are clubs/teams that obviously don't care about all this and do as they please.
I don't believe kids should be punished, but I do believe those coaches and admins should be banned for doing this.
its not just soccer. I’ve seen 4 baseball games being played full on with uniforms and parents present in the weeks before we left. Two in the conejo, one in Camarillo, one in van nuys. The ones in the north they ran before 9am so before the morning shift for parks and rec. the one in van nuys two police officers were there watching the games (there was adult soccer, basketball, and football going on in the same park).

It's time to have some real penalties for house parties.

Something like 1% of income if you attend an event with over 20 people. Something severe enough that people dont risk it.

It's getting old trying to slow it down while other people are busy making it worse.

It's time to have some real penalties for house parties.

Something like 1% of income if you attend an event with over 20 people. Something severe enough that people dont risk it.

It's getting old trying to slow it down while other people are busy making it worse.
This has nothing to do with house parties.
This has everything to do with adults lying about permits and pretending it's Okay for them to have a scrimmage, when it's not permitted.
I strongly believe Cal South/US Soccer has to step in and take a license away from those involved.

This has everything to do with adults lying about permits and pretending it's Okay for them to have a scrimmage, when it's not permitted.
I strongly believe Cal South/US Soccer has to step in and take a license away from those involved.

Uh... I thought referees weren't even on the clock until mid September. These were 2 teams, in gear, and a zebra?

Got any pictures? Can we publicly shame them?
Police should have been called for trespassing - Yes this is a bit extreme, but will (maybe) scare of the parents. But if the governing bodies of soccer don't do anything - it's going to keep happening.

Police should have been called for trespassing - Yes this is a bit extreme, but will (maybe) scare of the parents. But if the governing bodies of soccer don't do anything - it's going to keep happening.
I have pictures and video. Don't think it would be right to post it on a public forum.

The police are reluctant to arrest anyone. Like I said in Van Nuys there were 2 cops in a patrol SUV watching all the adult games and kids uniformed baseball game going down. In the case of one of the Conejo games, the cops showed up, asked the crowd to disburse, when the police had left they just gathered back up and kept playing. I want to avoid politics, but the issue of police involvement goes beyond just youth sports.

No, if they want to control stuff like this, it's going to have to come from CalSouth. But they have the issue that they'll get a backlash since some of the other sport organizations don't seem to be controlling their people either.

The police are reluctant to arrest anyone. Like I said in Van Nuys there were 2 cops in a patrol SUV watching all the adult games and kids uniformed baseball game going down. In the case of one of the Conejo games, the cops showed up, asked the crowd to disburse, when the police had left they just gathered back up and kept playing. I want to avoid politics, but the issue of police involvement goes beyond just youth sports.

No, if they want to control stuff like this, it's going to have to come from CalSouth. But they have the issue that they'll get a backlash since some of the other sport organizations don't seem to be controlling their people either.
I don't think it should be matter of police kicking someone of the field either. I believe it should be a matter of governing body to make sure those individuals will never coach youth sports again.

Are the kids in their team uniforms? There's adult and children pickup games everywhere. It is going to be hard for youth leagues to govern.

Why are people so threatened by kids playing soccer? If you dont want to expose your kids and family, stay home. Live and let live.

Well, it's quite one thing for a group of friends (or even the parents) organizing friendly pickup games. It's quite another for an organized team to be playing and a referee to be arbitrating in violation of the rules....that's not fair to the other teams in the competition (or other referees who can't work). As practices begin to open up it's going to be harder to control this. When they are shut down it's easy....teams can't be on the field....parks and rec can shut it down. But when a bunch of kids are on a field practicing it's harder to police....CalSouth really is going to need to develop some mechanism given that games and scrimmages don't seem to be happening any time soon. Otherwise, the pressure is just going to be on everyone to cheat (prisoner's dilemma).

I don't think it should be matter of police kicking someone of the field either. I believe it should be a matter of governing body to make sure those individuals will never coach youth sports again.
This is ass-backwards. If the governor is going to impose new laws like this, whether you agree with them or not, then it’s up to him to enforce them. But of course most counties and cities disagree with the governor’s hyper-restrictive policies, so they opt to “educate” vs enforce. This isn’t CalSouth’s job. It’s Newsom’s.

This is ass-backwards. If the governor is going to impose new laws like this, whether you agree with them or not, then it’s up to him to enforce them. But of course most counties and cities disagree with the governor’s hyper-restrictive policies, so they opt to “educate” vs enforce. This isn’t CalSouth’s job. It’s Newsom’s.
Don't make this political.
Cal South is the soccer governing body who came up with Phased return to play guidelines. If someone is not following it, they are should be taking action.

When you don't have the leadership or a coordinated effort, up to 50% of people doing your own things (including paying attention to guidance or not) you get the mess we have now.

Without getting into politics since each country is different interesting articles:

Gates has different take on things:

Back