Guidance are not for everyone

Be very careful with potential illegal recordings of minors; by showing the video to others it could be considered an invasion of privacy.
What is the difference between this and when someone from our team or another team is recording a leauge game or tournament game? I certainly do not sign any waiver for those games.

What is the difference between this and when someone from our team or another team is recording a leauge game or tournament game? I certainly do not sign any waiver for those games.
If someone films you with a hidden camera inside your home or someplace else you would reasonably expect privacy (public restroom or dressing room) THAT is invasion of privacy. Filming your kid along with a bunch of others during a soccer game, not so much.

I don’t understand how this is an unfair advantage. Why would you care what MY kid has been doing. Worry about your own child’s development, or lack thereof. The only unfair thing I see is parents keeping their children indoors for fear they might catch a virus.
This was about two months back when we were trying to get back to normalcy the first time. The park where we practice has soccer goals. These were being used for safe practices, no scrimmages, proper distancing, no contact. One High School chose to have a scrimmage on the field. The park then pulled all the goals, plus shut down the fields completely.

Follow the rules so the other 99% of us don't lose out.

This Saturday my buddy sent me a video of 2 youth teams playing normal scrimmage game. Parents on sidelines, referee, hi-pod video. Same teams showed up on Sunday before getting kicked out by the city. They claimed they had a permit to use the field (of course they didn't, since no permits were issued).
99% of clubs adhering to State guidance and running distance training, limited number of players, no scrimmaging, no games, etc. Some just started training.
Meanwhile there are clubs/teams that obviously don't care about all this and do as they please.
I don't believe kids should be punished, but I do believe those coaches and admins should be banned for doing this.
You have a constitutional right to film or take pictures in a public space.

What club? Was it Jammers? Turf?

Guess what, life is unfair and there will always be those that break the rules. How many asshole coaches have you seen on other teams do something someone can call disrespectful on the sideline? If you want to play and organize a game, go for it and let the kids have fun. Don't feel comfortable, don't play. This virus isn't going to just suddenly disappear so if you don't want your kids playing now you shouldn't have them play later either. A lot of you sound like you would just be upset that a rival team beat your kids team because you think those few extra scrimmages are the reason. If they lose, great! Will push them to work harder and beat them next time. Parents, stop making everything about what is fair or right. Control what you can, nothing else. Your player decides how much they like the sport and you can control how many resources you give them and how much support you give them.

Don't make this political.
Cal South is the soccer governing body who came up with Phased return to play guidelines. If someone is not following it, they are should be taking action.
Not political. Factual. CalSouth provided guidelines, nothing more. They didn’t put forth a new set of laws, that was the state. CalSouth has a responsibility to comply with these new and ever-changing health rules (ie no sanctioned tournaments or leagues), not police them. This was obviously upsetting for you to see. So call the cops or the health department. Demand the state, county, or city enforce their laws.

Nobody should be punished; any punishment discussion is insane. Get a life. Until the jacks in government can prove kids get sick playing soccer (and not a one off) stfu!
I think the question is whether the jacks in government should have penalties for medium size gatherings of adults.

In my view, yes, dammit. I'm sick of this dragging on forever because people can't follow simple rules.

You guys are a bunch of whiners. You don’t know me, where we play, or who we play against. How does that affect your local government not letting YOU get out and play soccer legally? It doesn’t. Losers!
Go ahead and call the cops, it’s such a crime for a bunch of parents to bring their kids together to scrimmage. Oh, and bring a camera along.

We all know why this is taking so long, and it has nothing to do with youth sports. 12 scrimmages in 8 weeks, not 1 person to person spread at the fields or during the game.

I can’t wait to catch one of you recording me or my players, especially my kid. The reason it’s illegal is because im telling you, YOU CANT RECORD MY CHILD. Under normal circumstances, nobody has ever complained about kids being recorded. These are not normal circumstances.
Your child gets to play because the rules dont apply to you.

Fine. Don't be surprised when the scimmage gets recorded by someone else. After all, the rules dont apply to him.

Seems fair.

This Saturday my buddy sent me a video of 2 youth teams playing normal scrimmage game. Parents on sidelines, referee, hi-pod video. Same teams showed up on Sunday before getting kicked out by the city. They claimed they had a permit to use the field (of course they didn't, since no permits were issued).
99% of clubs adhering to State guidance and running distance training, limited number of players, no scrimmaging, no games, etc. Some just started training.
Meanwhile there are clubs/teams that obviously don't care about all this and do as they please.
I don't believe kids should be punished, but I do believe those coaches and admins should be banned for doing this.
Club name, city, and playing year or it never happened

Your child gets to play because the rules dont apply to you.

Fine. Don't be surprised when the scimmage gets recorded by someone else. After all, the rules dont apply to him.

Seems fair.
Don’t let me catch you. Cause rules don’t apply to me.

I can’t wait to catch one of you recording me or my players, especially my kid. The reason it’s illegal is because im telling you, YOU CANT RECORD MY CHILD. Under normal circumstances, nobody has ever complained about kids being recorded. These are not normal circumstances.

Coocoo.

Back