Great weekend of soccer!

Good thing we’re in CA and have a competent governor. TX has the lowest percentage of vaccinated citizens in the country. And has a power grid that conpletely failed. And it’s not safe to drink the water. What a s**thole.
There are a plethora of "shit holes" in CA too- I drive through them often.

No, but forcing kids back into school without the resources to protect them, many without the health insurance to save them and having to live in close quarters with others where it is easily spread, that is racist.

Pretending that everything will be fine based on the assumption that schools with fewer resources and more needs will be fine because those with more resources (predominately affluent and white) can manage is racist. Your argument that every school is the same and will be fine is what the Topeka Board of Education argued in Brown v. Bd of Ed.
When did I say all schools are the same? :rolleyes: . But thanks for pulling this out of page 3 of your caped crusader playbook.

How about this - tell your friends in Chicago and NYC and LAUSD to us what monies have been allocated since last year to get their house in order. Politicizing going back to school is dangerous and racist. Shameful words and actions by adults done at the expense of disadvantaged kids. But I bet you want more money for our children saving Teacher's Unions. I'm thinking you need to drive around and loan out your hotspot.

There are a plethora of "shit holes" in CA too- I drive through them often.
Trying to stay on topic since we actually have soccer to play (not blaming you for falling into the EOTL shit pile) But you should check out DTLA or take a drive north from DTLA on the 101....mind blowing!

Good luck to your player! So happy these kids have something to look forward to!!!

Trying to stay on topic since we actually have soccer to play (not blaming you for falling into the EOTL shit pile) But you should check out DTLA or take a drive north from DTLA on the 101....mind blowing!

Good luck to your player! So happy these kids have something to look forward to!!!
Yes to all of the above- and good luck to yours as well! Gonna be a great weekend with great weather.

I don't think you can always blame it on the parents though, there are many kids that crave the "real" competition. My kid would prefer scrimmages mostly because coaches don't take scrimmages as seriously as real games and there is more flexibility in scrimmages.
show me a kid that craves "real" competition after a year of nothing and i'll show you a parent 9x out of 10 who is force-feeding that faux motivational nonsense into their brains

show me a kid that craves "real" competition after a year of nothing and i'll show you a parent 9x out of 10 who is force-feeding that faux motivational nonsense into their brains
You may find it hard to believe due to your cynicism, but some kids are self motivated to compete. Also for most kids its not going from nothing to real competition. Most teams have been practicing since June with many scrimmaging, they deserve to play games for the effort they've put in. Try asking a kid whether they would go to practice or play a meaningful game. You know what their answer will be without any influence from the parents. A weekend game is the reward for a week of practice. Personally, I'd prefer my son's team to get a few quality scrimmages in before returning to real games, but I have no problem with a rushed return to normal. It's been delayed way too long already, but its not about my or other parents ego, its about what is best for many kids mental health.

My daughter was wanting real games after the first 2 weeks off. For every parent shoving crap down kids throats, there is a kid who actually wants to play hard and compete not just do passing drills.

And, all parents could have an exit question. Did you like watching your child play today?
I bet $$ that most u-little parents said something like this to their players in the car ride home: why didn’t you get past that player? Or why did you kick it wide instead of score? Or why didn’t you just keep it and try to score? ...If I’m wrong, I apologize for it.

I bet $$ that most u-little parents said something like this to their players in the car ride home: why didn’t you get past that player? Or why did you kick it wide instead of score? Or why didn’t you just keep it and try to score? ...If I’m wrong, I apologize for it.
Maybe not most, but too many.

Your not wrong. Yet, that discussion is a different topic.

When my kids play in a "scrimmage" against another team, they are playing just as hard as if it was a "real" game and focused on making themselves better. They also realize that playing time, positions, subs, lack of refs, etc. might affect the outcome but at this point after being off for a year, they don't care about scores and standings. Every kid wants to win every game they play, of course--chess, soccer or minecraft. But if they lack motivation to do their best in a scrimmage because it's not a "real" game then they're outcome driven and likely got that from their parent(s).

TRANSLATION: " I'm a shitty parent"

Is it okay for a kid to try to win a spelling bee or a robotics competition? Is this just a sports bias? Is it possible people have to project their child's lack of motivation by deciding that all kids that are competitive on the field are molded to try to win by parenting?

Kid: "Parent, can you help me practice my spelling bee words? I want to advance to the next round"
Parent:
'Look Frida, I don't want to force feed nonsense into your brain. There is no way you are competitive on your own. Stop being so competitive. "

Stop projecting. Kids come in all shapes, sizes, drives and ability. You should try AYSO if all this competitiveness bothers you.

I don't think you can always blame it on the parents though, there are many kids that crave the "real" competition. My kid would prefer scrimmages mostly because coaches don't take scrimmages as seriously as real games and there is more flexibility in scrimmages.
While her team has been scrimmaging and even managed to get in a few league games, during this past year my DD's favorite are her random Sunday pickup games

Back